šŸ’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT šŸ’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Should Gaga address the Amazon controversy?

Gonzi

Featured Posts

PartySick
12 hours ago, Miel said:

In my opinion, it'd be nice for her to do so.Ā 

But! All considering the intertwining of Haus LabsĀ and Amazon- does Gaga have the power to change anything? I'm sure she can make a statement and work with Amazon to ensure the rights of laborers working for them.

I think you're overestimating her influence.

Jeff Bezos would laugh in her face before pulling HL and continuing about his day :sweat:

šŸ–¤

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Miel
7 hours ago, PartySick said:

I think you're overestimating her influence.

Jeff Bezos would laugh in her face before pulling HL and continuing about his day :sweat:

Fair. I guess the next best option would be to have an independent manufacturing and shipping partnership? idk

3 points in and ready for more

SKANK
9 hours ago, Sanne Godijn said:

I just dont understand why you are making such a big deal out of this

Ā 

Like you, I'm just sharing my opinion.

Ā 

Trayvon Martin's death "wasn't her problem." That didn't stop her from writing Angle Down, and declaring support for Black Lives Matter.

When Arizona enacted SB 1070, a horrible racial profiling law, it wasn't "her problem." That didn't stop her from protesting the law, and writing Americano.

I don't think she needs to end her relationship with Amazon. I think she needs to address the issue. If she is going to continue to market Haus Laboratories as a 'woke' project, in order to not be a hypocrite, she needs to condemn their tax dodging while lending support to the workers going on strike.

If she can shout about pronouns, she can shout about the horrible working conditions the people filling her eyeliner orders are subjected to.

Ā 

Sanne Godijn
13 minutes ago, SKANK said:

Ā 

Like you, I'm just sharing my opinion.

Ā 

Trayvon Martin's death "wasn't her problem." That didn't stop her from writing Angle Down, and declaring support for Black Lives Matter.

When Arizona enacted SB 1070, a horrible racial profiling law, it wasn't "her problem." That didn't stop her from protesting the law, and writing Americano.

I don't think she needs to end her relationship with Amazon. I think she needs to address the issue. If she is going to continue to market Haus Laboratories as a 'woke' project, in order to not be a hypocrite, she needs to condemn their tax dodging while lending support to the workers going on strike.

If she can shout about pronouns, she can shout about the horrible working conditions the people filling her eyeliner orders are subjected to.

Ā 

I feel like when she does adress it poeple might think she is only doing it to make hauslabs look better

andreas85

This is a difficult issue. If Amazon is mistreating its workers then everyone working with Amazon is basically at least indirectly supporting mistreating workers. In the other hand, everyone that buys stuff from Amazon is also indirectly supporting it. I still think there should be at least some kind of protests against Amazon so that they would change the way they treat their workers because some kind of change is definitely needed.

SKANK
3 minutes ago, Sanne Godijn said:

I feel like when she does adress it poeple might think she is only doing it to make hauslabs look better

Ā 

There will always be people who criticizes Gaga's sincerity. There are people who say she used the gay community, that her costumes were just for shock value, that her activism is fake, etc.

We just have to ignore those people, and do the right thing.

derpmonster
22 hours ago, RudzXinc said:

No. Not her problem. If you don't like how the company treat you. Just find another job. Simple as that. Nobody putting a gun on their heads.

I don't think she should either. But this isn't as simple as you think when most companies do that and people don't just have jobs presented to them in a platter to choose from.Ā 

22 hours ago, Keanu Reeves said:

no, it's people latching onto a sjw cause when they don't even hold themselves to the level they preach

addressing it would only reignite an issue that would go nowhere because deep down they don't even care

It's not even related to social justice :ladyhaha:you guys just find a buzzword to latch on to. It's economic, not social.Ā 

OT: No, because that'll bring more attention to it. She also doesn't want to burn bridges this early. So she should probably just ignore it. There's nothing she can do or say at this point to make it better.Ā 

Check out iTunes data & graphs at CHARTPOP.live

TheBatman

Are you asking from a career point of view or an ethical point of view? Career wise even less people care about the controversy than care about the makeup. Ethically, if she cared about the workers she wouldn't have used Amazon in the first place. If she has woken to their plight now, then she shouldn't address it by a statement she should stop using Amazon and just sell them from her website. But I don't think anyone other than GGD are talking about this, the controversy or the makeup.

SKANK
2 minutes ago, TheBatman said:

Are you asking from a career point of view or an ethical point of view? Career wise even less people care about the controversy than care about the makeup. Ethically, if she cared about the workers she wouldn't have used Amazon in the first place. If she has woken to their plight now, then she shouldn't address it by a statement she should stop using Amazon and just sell them from her website. But I don't think anyone other than GGD are talking about this, the controversy or the makeup.

Ā 

Business Insider, Chicago Sun Times, NY Daily News, Jezebel, Yahoo, etc. are talking about the "backlash" (which is basically non-existent, tbh) to her working with Amazon. The story may get traction, it may not. Workers rights issues are less likely to get attention than issues around Identity Politics in our current social climate.

https://www.businessinsider.com/lady-gaga-faces-backlash-haus-laboratories-beauty-brand-launch-amazon-2019-7

https://chicago.suntimes.com/entertainment-and-culture/2019/7/15/20694988/lady-gaga-makeup-launches-amazon-prime-day-upsets-some-fans

https://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/ny-lady-gaga-amazon-prime-day-boycott-haus-laboratories-makeup-20190715-w5n5purf6bbh7awqv54m52bo4e-story.html

https://jezebel.com/lady-gagas-haus-laboratories-breaks-the-prime-day-picke-1836387178

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/lady-gaga-launches-makeup-brand-132934969.html

Ā 

Archived