Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
new video

Beyoncé- Spirit MV

Borislshere

Featured Posts

Borislshere
25 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

I really don't think she needed to make a song from a remake of a Disney film all about her and a black empowerment message. It's like, calm down, it's a kid's movie about talking animals, no need to insert egotism or political commentary where it doesn't belong. She should stick to doing that kinda thing on her own work if that's what she wants but to infiltrate onto Disney properties with it is just embarrassing.

The lion king is set in Africa so she made a song inspired by the film and Africa. 

I literally can’t believe I’m responding to this. Your anti blackness on this site is so strong and obvious, it’s ridiculous.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

I really don't think she needed to make a song from a remake of a Disney film all about her and a black empowerment message. It's like, calm down, it's a kid's movie about talking animals, no need to insert egotism or political commentary where it doesn't belong. She should stick to doing that kinda thing on her own work if that's what she wants but to infiltrate onto Disney properties with it is just embarrassing.

That's her new brand image since around 2013. I think Beyonce views herself as a product and markets herself accordingly. She must take a few days or more to think about a marketing strategy, a 'campaign' if ever she 'launches' a new product aka album, that has to be aligned with the product's brand image and personnality in order to sell. Ive never seen Bey as an artist more as a product that delivers a piece of art that was deliberately created for you to buy, whether to buy an idea or an image. She's just a shadow of the music business, didn't expect anything different than this 

Didymus
6 minutes ago, Borislshere said:

I think this is the first time I’ve ever not agreed with you on something :triggered:

the day had to come :bradley:

I like the song more than most people though :laughga:

Nah, I think this video is fine but for someone who only has like three lines in a movie I'm disappointed she took Disney's bait of milking her star power just in case the movie wasn't attractive enough to people of newer generations :awkney: The whole second soundtrack album thing is weird af.

Like, yes it's great that she's connecting the movie to African culture but we're not gona see any African culture in the movie :air: We're just seeing a bunch of animals in a make-believe world where lions somehow managed to play fascists without the other animals noticing :rip: And then I'm not even mentioning that inherently racist hyena's as the villains storyline for which the original was justifiably criticized :toofunny:

It's just ****ing Disney. They never truly cared about diversity and they try to please conservatives more than progressives :emma: For all these reasons I would've preferred it if Bey just stayed far away from that movie. Tens of critics have by now pointed out that her dialogue is horrible and that they completely underused her. So why was she attracted? Nothing but money. Same as Disney. I resent that.

Zander

Of course this video was going to have some kind of black empowerment (and good that it does:applause:). It’s set in Africa, it’s not The Lion King: Colonised. :toofunny:

That said it’s a pretty video. 

StrawberryBlond
5 minutes ago, Borislshere said:

The lion king is set in Africa so she made a song inspired by the film and Africa. 

I literally can’t believe I’m responding to this. Your anti blackness on this site is so strong and obvious, it’s ridiculous.

It would make far more sense if it was a movie about humans in Africa. But it's about animals. Animated, talking animals. Based on the story of Shakespeare's Hamlet. With a singing warthog and meerkat. Animals don't have races, the movie is not about race, the setting of Africa has no bearing on the story. To insert racial commentary therefore is out of place and unnecessary, a tactical move to make money in this current climate but absolutely nothing to do with the film.

I don't have "anti blackness" and I really don't appreciate people spreading this lie about me. I believe everyone should be proud of their race and while I think full on racial empowerment anthems are not for me, I understand why black people do them. Hell, I love Labi Siffre's Something Inside So Strong, Common and John Legend's Glory, Hozier's Nina Cried Power and even Beyonce's Freedom.  Some racial empowerment songs can be good. They have every right to do them but it has to be in an appropriate way. Black artists are releasing albums about race all the time, so why can't Beyonce just do that (which she kinda already did with Lemonade)? To attack TLK name to it is a greedy move to make more money - give the music credit by association, essentially. If you want to make a soundtrack inspired by Africa, make it for a movie about actual humans living in Africa that focuses on race. That shouldn't have to be said.

3 minutes ago, kyanewest said:

That's her new brand image since around 2013. I think Beyonce views herself as a product and markets herself accordingly. She must take a few days or more to think about a marketing strategy, a 'campaign' if ever she 'launches' a new product aka album, that has to be aligned with the product's brand image and personnality in order to sell. Ive never seen Bey as an artist more as a product that delivers a piece of art that was deliberately created for you to buy, whether to buy an idea or an image. She's just a shadow of the music business, didn't expect anything different than this 

Agreed. It's partly why I've never been able to really take to Beyonce. I think she gets way too much credit as an artist when her art is an amalgamation of lots of other people and she just tweaks it. I think she loves the fame much more than singing, to be honest.

Borislshere
13 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

It would make far more sense if it was a movie about humans in Africa. But it's about animals. Animated, talking animals. Based on the story of Shakespeare's Hamlet. With a singing warthog and meerkat. Animals don't have races, the movie is not about race, the setting of Africa has no bearing on the story. To insert racial commentary therefore is out of place and unnecessary, a tactical move to make money in this current climate but absolutely nothing to do with the film.

I don't have "anti blackness" and I really don't appreciate people spreading this lie about me. I believe everyone should be proud of their race and while I think full on racial empowerment anthems are not for me, I understand why black people do them. Hell, I love Labi Siffre's Something Inside So Strong, Common and John Legend's Glory, Hozier's Nina Cried Power and even Beyonce's Freedom.  Some racial empowerment songs can be good. They have every right to do them but it has to be in an appropriate way. Black artists are releasing albums about race all the time, so why can't Beyonce just do that (which she kinda already did with Lemonade)? To attack TLK name to it is a greedy move to make more money - give the music credit by association, essentially. If you want to make a soundtrack inspired by Africa, make it for a movie about actual humans living in Africa that focuses on race. That shouldn't have to be said.

Agreed. It's partly why I've never been able to really take to Beyonce. I think she gets way too much credit as an artist when her art is an amalgamation of lots of other people and she just tweaks it. I think she loves the fame much more than singing, to be honest.

Do you seem to have this issue with their extremely successful broadway show? They’re still animals yet they incorporated tons of African themes and music. Why is it an issue for the film to do so? 

StrawberryBlond
3 minutes ago, Borislshere said:

Do you seem to have this issue with their extremely successful broadway show? They’re still animals yet they incorporated tons of African themes and music. Why is it an issue for the film to do so? 

No, I've no issue at all. I've never seen the Broadway or West End shows but I have heard how they involve a heavily black cast and African themes, which is fine...because it's humans playing these roles in animal costumes. There naturally has to be a human element there. There will be a sense of African culture running through it by design because it's Africans playing these roles and we can see their faces through the costumes. But this movie is nothing but 100% CGI rendered talking animals, therefore, no human element necessary or wanted. Animals do not have races so whoever voices these characters is completely moot, the culture is also moot as animals don't have culture. I wouldn't expect a Hispanic empowerment album to be accompanied alongside an animated kids movie about animals set in a South American rainforest. Or a Slavic folk album based on a movie about animated animals in an Eastern European forest. But suddenly, have a movie about talking animals in Africa and suddenly, making a black empowerment anthem should be the order of the day. It's really weird when it's put down like that, isn't it? Make a black empowerment anthem for a movie about black people and race, don't attach it to a kids movie about talking animals. It's quite laughable that I should even have to say this.

Ziggy
2 hours ago, Miel said:

Honestly, the videos for this and Don't Touch My Hair are absolutely incredible. Has Solange directed a video for Bey yet? She definitely should!

I don’t think they would lol they’ve been asked before about collaboration and Solange has said that it’s really hard since Bey is a bit “bossy” as older sister

NCgaga
1 hour ago, Borislshere said:

I was thinking the same as well. I have agreed with strawberryblonde a Farely  good amount on this site, but can’t grasp the argument here. The Lion King Is a story set in Africa, African landscapes, settings, etc. The music is African. The broadway adaptation is extremely African. I see no issue with Beyonce following the same theme. It makes sense. 

What doesn’t make sense is allowing Beyoncé to have her own song. Like in “Dreamgirls” even though she is not the main character,  she was allowed to have her own song that isn’t in the movie. Maybe it’s part of the deals she signs with these movie companies. I will say that if Gaga had released a song for a movie she did not star in, we would have no issues. 

StrawberryBlond
26 minutes ago, NCgaga said:

I was thinking the same as well. I have agreed with strawberryblonde a Farely  good amount on this site, but can’t grasp the argument here. The Lion King Is a story set in Africa, African landscapes, settings, etc. The music is African. The broadway adaptation is extremely African. I see no issue with Beyonce following the same theme. It makes sense. 

What doesn’t make sense is allowing Beyoncé to have her own song. Like in “Dreamgirls” even though she is not the main character,  she was allowed to have her own song that isn’t in the movie. Maybe it’s part of the deals she signs with these movie companies. I will say that if Gaga had released a song for a movie she did not star in, we would have no issues. 

If you read the response I've given about the theatre show, it makes more sense even if you still don't agree.

It's clear that Beyonce was cast for her star power and to sing lots of songs that will sell, doesn't matter if she's a main character or not. But even if that's the case, I think having her in the videos instead of 100% movie footage is more than a bit unnecessary and makes it all about her. Gaga had the good grace to not actually be in the video for TIHTY and not make it such a clear promotional opportunity in that sense. When you write a song for a movie, it's best to take a step back unless you're the lead character.

Harry
3 hours ago, StrawberryBlond said:

when will you grow up you racist weirdo

simply celebrating african culture with a film set in africa shouldn't be considered 'political commentary'

Thomas P
19 minutes ago, Harry said:

when will you grow up you racist weirdo

simply celebrating african culture with a film set in africa shouldn't be considered 'political commentary'

This is bringing me back to 2016 with all of the complaints she had with Bey then. :bye:

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

Ziggy
2 hours ago, NCgaga said:

It’s actually more common that the movie studio brings a Beyoncé type stat in because a song from her will generate attention to the film and is a fairly inexpensive way to do so for the assured benefits associated. So it’s less Beyoncé demanding a song and more the studio usually specifically stipulating that the talent will release a song even if it isn’t in the movie (hence why it’s usually in the credits). Like the cover of beauty and the beast that has been celebrity studded in the credits from both movies. It’s not the artist approaching the studio but the other way around because releasing those songs doesn’t spoil the movie BUT it does give promo still.

Illuminati Freak
3 hours ago, StrawberryBlond said:

No, I've no issue at all. I've never seen the Broadway or West End shows but I have heard how they involve a heavily black cast and African themes, which is fine...because it's humans playing these roles in animal costumes. There naturally has to be a human element there. There will be a sense of African culture running through it by design because it's Africans playing these roles and we can see their faces through the costumes. But this movie is nothing but 100% CGI rendered talking animals, therefore, no human element necessary or wanted. Animals do not have races so whoever voices these characters is completely moot, the culture is also moot as animals don't have culture. I wouldn't expect a Hispanic empowerment album to be accompanied alongside an animated kids movie about animals set in a South American rainforest. Or a Slavic folk album based on a movie about animated animals in an Eastern European forest. But suddenly, have a movie about talking animals in Africa and suddenly, making a black empowerment anthem should be the order of the day. It's really weird when it's put down like that, isn't it? Make a black empowerment anthem for a movie about black people and race, don't attach it to a kids movie about talking animals. It's quite laughable that I should even have to say this.

Honestly you sound dumb & uneducated as F*ck. Please just stop already. 

Archived