💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Makeup tutorial by Gaga and Sarah Tanno on 7/15

ydnmnme

Featured Posts

JustTea

People bitching about Gaga being a business woman :saladga:

It's a good thing to encourage insecure people to express themselves. Nothing wrong about it... And ofc she has to make some profit of it, that's how it works. :icega: She is using her fame for good and that is awesome, so... :bye:

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Reality
11 minutes ago, mauvais said:

...the f*ck? Who cares if her makeup brand only makes [insert ludicrous amount here] at the end of the day? The liability isn't on fans to support her venture capitalism  just because the metrics will look good vis a vis... Rihanna? Kylie Jenner? If this all goes sour, she'll weather the storm with her regular $40 million dollar salary and be just fine.

It just baffles me that the people who are supposed to support her the most are also the people giving her the biggest critcism. 

I also didn't say that it would be the sole reason. For all we know all the products could be ****. But we've already seen people on social media "call her out" for this. The "cancel culture" that comes along with that can be awful. 

🃏🖤👹

MonsterMom
1 minute ago, Didymus said:

No, I get all that and I agree. I just want to, or rather need to know (before I can accept all those changes) what convinced her to change :oprah: It's that lack of explanation (and I know she doesn't owe me one, don't worry, I don't know her lol) that keeps me in the dark a little bit and makes it harder for me to move on.

But whatever, I've posted way too much in here already. Thanks for listening.

Well, do you go around telling people besides your close friends and family why and how you have changed in the last ten years? Those conversations are personal and not for the public. I can tell you why if you really want to know though. She was early 20’s when she started, now she is in her 30’s. You change ALOT

Dilwyn
30 minutes ago, MMMMMMMMMMMMMM said:

Make up is make up. Don't bs people.

I mean ... to you maybe. But there's a lot of people who make up is part of their identity and the way they express themselves, is also an art tool.

I mean you should know you are fan of the woman who every two day looks like a complete different person.

TimisaMonster

Gaga...please dont get too preachy...its makeup...the casual audience knows why they buy makeup already...this is a business and a regular thing for people to do...its nothing major imo but oh well... "battle for your life"...this is a war for the right to wear makeup 

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

Dilwyn

Y'all just really want to hate something, because there's no way you think make up doesn't mean nothing to Gaga of ALL PEOPLE. :toofunny:

1 hour ago, FlopSlurper said:

I'm trynna send a message by selling you stuff and filling my bank account

Isn't her bank account well fed tho? The success of ASIB and vegas shows... I mean what more do people want? I really don't understand the mind of rich people. What is enough?

Didymus
1 minute ago, MonsterMom said:

Well, do you go around telling people besides your close friends and family why and how you have changed in the last ten years? Those conversations are personal and not for the public. I can tell you why if you really want to know though. She was early 20’s when she started, now she is in her 30’s. You change ALOT

But she's a public star who told hundreds of thousands of screaming fans they were family and she would always be there for them, etc. etc. :emma: It's not right to ask me to compare her to me. I don't have a following, I don't have fans waiting with their credit cards ready to buy whatever I produce.

She doesn't have to explain anything to her fans but it just seems the most logical thing to do as an extension of her whole Mother Monster self-image of days gone past. She has eyes on social media, she knows a lot of her fans are confused and shaken by the sudden changes. I don't think it's that abnormal to let "your friends" (I know Gaga doesn't know her fans personally but if we're gonna compare her life to "normal life" that's a good analogy) who worry about you know what's going on with you when you're suddenly changing character completely :shrug:

But I'm not expecting that anyway. I'm just explaining why it's difficult for me to just snap my fingers and say "oh well, I guess she must have changed!". I feel like that might be easier for the fans who just like Gaga in whatever shape and form and don't let their fandom be affected by her artistic output per se, but it's not that way for everyone. When it's a very specific "form" or mood of Gaga you were inspired by in a very deep part of your soul, it's not that easy to look the other way and say "that's done then, let me get excited about make-up now!" Doesn't work like that.

jinko
35 minutes ago, Didymus said:

Nah. That's not true :emma:

Until like... 2014 there was one thing that was always consistent with her: that she was passionate about music more than anything else. Writing music, creating art. That was always the golden thread. Then suddenly she "rediscovered her true self" or whatever with a bunch of different men (Tony, Murphy, Cooper) and the whole story became confused.

But we were not confused for years on end. That whole self-contradicting thing was never as flagrant as in her post-2014 career. I think you really should distinguish between that early sense of "ok, we don't know exactly who she is but at least we know she's an artist through and through" and the current general confusion about what it is exactly that she's most passionate about. Music? Acting? Singing? I don't know either anymore tbh.

It's so mindblowing how you truly believe that a person would absolutely be the same, all the time, forever. Reading this made me see Gaga as a statue, forever unchanging, a mere specimen for people to gawk at. It's amazing being in your shoes, seeing a person and just stripping her of all humanity and capacity to err and change her mind. And you know, berate her if she does, because god forbid she does.

I hope never become someone who thinks like that. I hope I never prescribe to others what I think they should be. I hope I let others live and go through life the way they experience it. 

ModernEcstasy

I have no interest in makeup whatsoever. 

However, I shall be watching this as it’s the closest I will come to seeing her live again :hor:

DoremonLove
1 hour ago, Stef said:

These comments always confuse me. This is an industry. She, as an employer, has an entire body of staff to pay for hours worked. She, as an employee to a higher up, has to work to generate an income for herself to be able to sustain the Haus she’s built over the course of a decade. 

Think about it realistically, who doesn’t like to make money? :air: anyone who lapped up that mess she spewed about music not the bling were naive as f!ck :rip: 

If Gaga can align a money making opportunity with a vision she has, and if she is able to do so with the help of her close friends instead of selling her vision off to a big corporation and just signing the dotted line when everything is in place, then power to her!

If this was something like Eau De Gaga, then I’d write it off as a cheap cash grab, but she’s been involved in every aspect of this project. From model recruitment to packaging design,

being at every shoot and product packaging shoot, designing the palettes and the product names. 

THIS. Thankyou. I dont really understand so much of negativity regardjng this project.

OT- im really excited. This is really what i would love to see since im pursuing a career in acting and i have zero knowledge about makeup and stuff . 

How can anoyone not love gaga

FameHookah
1 hour ago, Miel said:

On a lighter note, she kind of looks like a combination of Joanne-phase Gaga, and "old" Gaga. Like... wow? I think I'm gagged? I might actually like this sort of middle-of-the-road face? It's very reminiscent of her face during the mini SuperBowl-era, I think, where it has the structure from age and her new work, but still looked natural and almost like a natural progression. 

Ummm nice.

She slowed down with the cheekbone jaw and chin fillers, she also has a little bit less on the lips OR maybe its time for a refill, she always looks SO good when they fade.

Anyways.. idk what the message is, she just needs to release amazing products and let them speak for themselves or else this all will be turning into a mess (like some BTW era statements).

WTF is MDNA

LaLa
17 minutes ago, Didymus said:

No, I get all that and I agree. I just want to, or rather need to know (before I can accept all those changes) what convinced her to change :oprah: It's that lack of explanation (and I know she doesn't owe me one, don't worry, I don't know her lol) that keeps me in the dark a little bit and makes it harder for me to move on.

But whatever, I've posted way too much in here already. Thanks for listening.

Well as you said, we'll never get a point-by-point rundown of every reason she's changed her mind, ever :huntyga:. But really, it's just growing up. She also deals  with major physical illness and major mental illness, and has been to intensive therapy, all things that can have profound impact on your way of thinking. And every experience we have shapes our decision making going forward. 

Just as an example, I've seen some talk upthread of her Malibu house. It's a lovely sentiment to say "I'm a gypsy, I don't need a house, the road is my home!!" but it's just not realistic. She's said she moved to California because the sunshine is good for her depression, and the large property that she got is good for her because she can be outside and roam freely, something she literally can't do anywhere else. So it's practical things, not dreamy ideals, but it's what she realized she needed :shrug:

(And sorry for quoting you if you're done with the convo, I don't mean to be aggressive)

FameHookah
12 minutes ago, TimisaMonster said:

Gaga...please dont get too preachy...its makeup...the casual audience knows why they buy makeup already...this is a business and a regular thing for people to do...its nothing major imo but oh well... "battle for your life"...this is a war for the right to wear makeup 

Yeah this could bite her in the ass, the beauty comuntity is so petty, and even her own fans are attacking her..

Just do some sickening lewks and shut up gaga pls :laughga:

WTF is MDNA

Archived