Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
brand

Rabbit is shutting down

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

Bear
1 hour ago, Ronlop said:

Do you know any alternative webistes?

People over at reddit were discussing the closure and talking about alternatives. I think the biggest one right now is called metastream but it works slightly different to rabbit but is probably the best we have at the moment :giveup: 

1 hour ago, Bear said:

People over at reddit were discussing the closure and talking about alternatives. I think the biggest one right now is called metastream but it works slightly different to rabbit but is probably the best we have at the moment :giveup: 

123Movies comment section? :gayhat:

OT: Bummer :noparty: I enjoyed the one GV rabb.it night I had and I was looking forward to my ASIB movie night with @SamanthaC and @Lazz Monster! Also I was hoping to get to a GGD movie night at one point, although it looks like they're finding alternatives so that's good. 

Lazz Monster
1 hour ago, Blue Madonna said:

OT: Bummer :noparty: I enjoyed the one GV rabb.it night I had and I was looking forward to my ASIB movie night with @SamanthaC and @Lazz Monster! Also I was hoping to get to a GGD movie night at one point, although it looks like they're finding alternatives so that's good. 

Wait, does this mean our asib movie night isn't happening? :bradley: hopefully there is an alternative

We're far from the Shallow now

LeJudas

This is awful news. Use it a lot and often sometimes daily.

I would donate to keep it running if that is an option, considering there isn't an alternative anywhere near as good as rabbit.

SharkmanthaC
45 minutes ago, Lazz Monster said:

Wait, does this mean our asib movie night isn't happening? :bradley: hopefully there is an alternative

2 hours ago, Blue Madonna said:

We need to find an alternate! I was looking forward to our movie night.  Plus I use it with @ExMachina to watch Grey's all the time!  :noparty: I guess this is why there were so many issues lately.

Does anyone know of the shut down date or if there are alternatives?

she/her/hers

YCHofficial

lol, this comment under her post:

Miss Richardson, I'm sorry to have to say this but: Stop lying to yourself and stop lying to the rest of us. You didn't fail the company because of poor financial planning. You failed because you closed off every channel of communication with your users beginning with the support feedback system, followed by Facebook and then finally Twitter, and because you spurned your users, your customers. YOU. Not your investors, who saw the ongoing attempts at outreach FROM those users and the outrage and earned abandonment when that outreach was CONSISTENTLY mocked and ignored and who reacted appropriately to that brand of isolationist, opaque, anti-consumer, SELF-DESTRUCTIVE behavior.

That failing lies upon your decisions and the actions of your staff. You had every opportunity, as did your predecessors, to publicly ask the entirety of your userbase whether they would pay a premium for your service instead of a private unidentified minority; to open a donations account and implement operations as a non-profit organization; to utilize "crowdfund" subscription handlers; or to otherwise seek legitimate funding from your userbase by small payments rather than outsized large investments from largely corporate parties. You as CEO made the final decision to not do those things, whatever your reasons or however legitimate you may or may not believe them to have been or whatever advice your staff may have given you. I can accept that you believed and perhaps still believe that the frontend overhaul was beneficial to users.

I can accept that limiting communications between users and company to one visible channel could be beneficial by way of streamlining matters - though I question your choice of Twitter during the time it was still active or the consideration of any such social media network for sole communication channel. I cannot accept by conscience or by common sense that there was wisdom in closing off all communication, in spurning requests for minor UI visibility alterations to support the impaired, in neglecting for two months to install a simple browser update that would fix access to a service your users were complaining to you in vast swathes for that entire time had been broken, in blatantly and contemptuously deriding in official capacity as CEO the general body of your users for the affront of declaring their experiences with your new frontend dissatisfactory and requesting alterations to it, or for claiming now at the end to have sought specific feedback that you never publicly requested, far less all of it together.

The lessons you list as having learned are good lessons to share, but they are not the most important lessons you SHOULD have learned. 4. Right or wrong, the customer, the user, is important and should not be ignored or insulted for holding a different perspective on his or her experience with your product than you desired. 5. The customer or user, being important, should never be deliberately silenced or consistently spurned without specific significant cause. 6. Major alterations to your service and/or interface should always be announced in advance and tested privately for an extended period prior to public implementation. 7. Large investors can always choose to withdraw support, and are likely to observe your target audience with at least as much scrutiny as you do, if not far more. A mass exodus of users or customers in response to administrative behavior and decisions will likely be followed by investors doing likewise.

8. Consumer loyalty is not inherently blind to provider abuse or obfuscation. You took the job, you did the job. You surely intended to do it to the best of your ability and perhaps you even did. You deserve commendation for that much. With the job come the responsibilities of professionalism: of respecting and responding to your consumers, and of owning your personal stake in the bad as much as in the good. While you do a valiant job of explaining a portion of events above, you also fail to take responsibility for or even mention much of what was good or bad of what you held stake in with the company. Don't let that behavior follow you to your future positions; don't let it trap you and destroy your career path entirely - if you can't bring yourself to discard that behavior for the sake of others then do it for your own sake so that you can support yourself into the future when you retire. Tell yourself the hard truths. Admit to everyone the hard truths. It will serve you better in the end. While it may not have been the best experience on either side, thank you, Amanda Richardson, for the time you gave to Rabbit's consumers as its CEO.

Archived