💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
movie

Midsommar

Lion Heart

Featured Posts

Lion Heart

Discuss Midsommar here. Put all spoilers in spoiler tag in the meantime please. 

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

Lion Heart

The score was phenomenal :applause: The acting and the scenery- I loved all of that. 

It was not what I expected, but I liked it. The director, Ari Aster, said that the original movie was supposed to be longer but had to cut down the time. I hope there is a director's cut one day because I'd love to see that. Can we appreciate this masterpiece: 

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

HotLikeMexico

I’m actually gonna see it in a bit. I hope its as good as Hereditary. 

Ronnie

It’s not quite as good as Hereditary but very close. Very disturbing! The comedic scenes are very intentional but done in a way that’s more of a nervous laughter as you’re thinking “is this really happening right now?!” “Did I really just see that?!” The imagery and acting are superb. It definitely stayed with me long after I left the theatre. I can’t wait for what he comes up with next!

LateToCult

I was gonna see it soon but my sister wanted to tag along so I decided to wait because from what I’ve heard it might not be a movie I would feel comfortable watching with a family member.  :smh:

Morphine Prince

I loved it. WARNING: This movie is definitely not for everyone. Just like Hereditary. Ari Aster creates art. Not just a flick with jump scares like many horror movies usually do. I find his filmmaking to be intelligent and you can tell research was actually done on the subject at hand. 

To me this movie was about co-dependency and the death of a relationship. 

I loved that it had comedy incorporated because it contrasts with the disturbing aspects of it. I also find it genius to have a horror movie be almost completely in broad daylight. 

I’m so happy we’re experiencing a director’s journey as Hereditary and Midsommar are his only two feature films and I got to see both in theaters. 

Ari Aster is brilliant and I cannot wait for more of his projects. 

weed
Spoiler

I would give it an 9/10!!! I thought it was good, but had some problems. I loved the acid/lsd digital effects they did, the grass growing out of her hand, etc. The plot was pretty solid, decent, but idk.. some parts were off. great cinematography, score, good casting, male nudity. definitely some "omg I can't look at this" moments, he TAKES it there. He WENT there with this movie. The female lead.. was good for the most of it but the last quarter was just idk.. after the screaming (iconic) it was just a little weird. Loved the Swedish aspect, new and I've never seen anything like it before, featured a lot of the Swedish language.

Bizcochito
11 minutes ago, Morphine Prince said:

I loved it. WARNING: This movie is definitely not for everyone. Just like Hereditary. Ari Aster creates art. Not just a flick with jump scares like many horror movies usually do. I find his filmmaking to be intelligent and you can tell research was actually done on the subject at hand. 

To me this movie was about co-dependency and the death of a relationship. 

I loved that it had comedy incorporated because it contrasts with the disturbing aspects of it. I also find it genius to have a horror movie be almost completely in broad daylight. 

I’m so happy we’re experiencing a director’s journey as Hereditary and Midsommar are his only two feature films and I got to see both in theaters. 

Ari Aster is brilliant and I cannot wait for more of his projects. 

Florence Pugh deserves an Oscar :giveup:

Morphine Prince
1 minute ago, Billie Eilish said:

Florence Pugh deserves an Oscar :giveup:

Her anxiety attack scenes are honestly incredible. 

JohnWayne92

I actually very much disliked this film. It was 2 1/2 hours and I feel like there wasn't enough pay off. I ADORED Hereditary. It still haunts me to this day. It was an incredibly disturbing film that disturbed me on an emotional level. Midsommar just didnt live up to that. I was here for the opening, I was here for the first crazy/disturbing event that happened, and then, even tho it was interesting, I feel like nothing really happened. Everything that could have shocked me was done off screen. The acting was great, the score was great, the imagery was great. The penis was great as well. I'm all about a naked bear cub 😍. When it ended tho...I was just left wanting more and upset that it was so long. I dont think I could have sat through a longer version of that. 

TheOriginalOne

I'm not a horror fan but i hear Jack Raynor is naked in it so I might give it a gander :flower:

djBuffoon
1 hour ago, Ronnie said:

It’s not quite as good as Hereditary but very close. Very disturbing! The comedic scenes are very intentional but done in a way that’s more of a nervous laughter as you’re thinking “is this really happening right now?!” “Did I really just see that?!” The imagery and acting are superb. It definitely stayed with me long after I left the theatre. I can’t wait for what he comes up with next!

Agreed with all of this. Aster is one of the few horror directors with a distinctive style, and who can create dread like no other. I don’t think Midsommar will be quite as enduring as Hereditary, but it’s still a thoroughly inventive and disturbing ride. 

Pacify Him

Hope it's better than Hereditary...

I’m getting on your nerves

Archived