💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Can Taylor break Adele’s 3Million debut record?

Lighter

Featured Posts

StrawberryBlond

No idea she was doing this, very strange. I still don't think that'll be enough, though. She's never even come close to selling 2 million first week so this album, which isn't as anticipated as previous ones, won't stand a chance. But she clearly doesn't want to give up her run of 1 million debut week track record, no matter what it takes. I just wish the fans would stop falling for all her marketing gimmicks and won't feel the need to buy any more than one copy of an album, without any further copies or merch deals and suchlike. I really despise the current scene for selling music - bundling and multiple editions and free copies counting towards charting. Sales figures now do not mean what they once meant and it's like you have to cheat your way to the top.

On 6/28/2019 at 2:07 PM, AlexanderMagno said:

Well, The Fame had multiple editions, and so did Born This Way :huntyga: so, don't go that way (The Fame Monster Super Deluxe, which was basically deluxe no. 3, had what was supposed to be a few hair strings from her wig, so... Yeah, surprise, you stan a pop star as well)

She didn't release 4 different editions on the opening week, though. And back then, it was normal for international editions to have different tracklistings but you wouldn't get that now. Releasing is a lot more streamlined but its made way for a lot more underhand tactics.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ElectricAlley

To be completely honest, mixed with the streaming era and less hype surrounding Taylor this time around, I could see her debuting with around 300k copies. Which would be a good opening week in 2019, just not for Taylor. 

jacs vs looser

I feel like she's gonna debut with a little over 1 million (just a bit less than Reputation), which is pretty amazing on its own. Won't be breaking any records tho.

Inferno

Taylors power has waned and this will be the era where it truly shows. It started to with Reputation but this is when everyone will really see her decline imo. They already are with the performance of these singles but you know

Inferno
On 6/28/2019 at 6:07 AM, AlexanderMagno said:

Well, The Fame had multiple editions, and so did Born This Way :huntyga: so, don't go that way (The Fame Monster Super Deluxe, which was basically deluxe no. 3, had what was supposed to be a few hair strings from her wig, so... Yeah, surprise, you stan a pop star as well)

Both came at a time in which they werent used to frontload first week sales. They only came after the initial success of the album already. Born This Way's The Collection wasn't even....like you can't even compare because its not like it was even marketed to anyone but hardcore fans that wished to collect anyway. Because a lot of her mentality at the start of her career was wanting to cater to collectors, which she doesnt do now. The fan edition of The Fame Monster which you mention here was meant to be exactly that and its collectors status and the success of the album and herself at that time completely warranted its existence. And honestly, the only reason the alternate editions even existed was because of the demand for them to release an explicit version of The Fame Monster which im not sure if you recall but initially there was no explicit version. If anyones going to make an argument about Gaga resorting to cheap tactics to frontload sales, its Born This Ways rollercoaster ride of promotion from FarmVille to Amazon which truthfully I believe had next to nothing to do with her and everything to do with Troy and the label. I guess she could've thrown her body down and thrown a tantrum to keep it all from happening but the well oiled Gaga machine at that point was going to steamroll her regardless imo.

Versace
On 6/28/2019 at 10:04 AM, Blastertoyo said:

Would you really buy 4 versions of the same album tho 

YEEES

Versace
5 minutes ago, S0436 said:

Well she won’t have any coins from Justin Bieber fans ouch

They're broke anyways, I don't see JB pulling huge numbers album wise, he's always been a singles artist.

Versace
On 6/29/2019 at 8:43 PM, ElectricAlley said:

To be completely honest, mixed with the streaming era and less hype surrounding Taylor this time around, I could see her debuting with around 300k copies. Which would be a good opening week in 2019, just not for Taylor. 

No way, didn't pre-orders confirm 400K. That's way too low for Taylor. Even if you wanna undercut her this time around its still gonna be 500K at least. 

gabeoz
On 6/28/2019 at 5:16 AM, malazam said:

She won't prob cross 1m.

Sis literally got more preorders in 48 hours after announcing the album than what Joanne debuted at...

gabeoz
1 minute ago, Versace said:

No way, didn't pre-orders confirm 400K. That's way too low for Taylor. Even if you wanna undercut her this time around its still gonna be 500K at least. 

Yeah, she already has hundreds of thousands of pre orders and the album is over a month away, sis is definitely gonna debut at 1m+

LordEnigma
On 6/28/2019 at 3:18 AM, gypsy101 said:

girl. crazy. need a straight jacket. mental institution.

what the hell do you mean, the world loves Adele and especially with her divorce every move she makes will be devoured idk where you got that idea

I think the original poster is talking about Taylor's previous records. You need to calm down :ladyhaha:

Archived