Stefani Tee
Sign in to follow this  
music news

Lorde confirms new album is coming: "Third one in the oven"

Featured Posts

Bovary

On the second anniversary of her Melodrama album release, Lorde took to Instagram Stories to thank fans for embracing the record and to reveal she was working on new music. She also shared that she’s been on a journey of personal discovery since the release of Melodrama, which reached #1 in Australia and the US, and pipped by Bruno Mars’ 24K Magic for the album of the year Grammy. “Feels like I’ve grown a lot since then,” the 22-year old shared. “I’ve been to Antarctica, I have a dog now and a cat and I can bake bread and cook dinner and keep plants alive etc. It’s a good life you’ve given me. Thank you thank you. Third one in the oven.

The Instagram story was essentially to thank fans for the way they embraced Melodrama. “Swells my damn heart thinking about your love for it and your willingness to go there with me and to dance the way we did together.” She added: “The day it came out I did a jigsaw puzzle all day in my hotel room in NY. “I felt so empty, I didn’t really know yet that you make a record and get filled up, and then releasing it empties you… and slowly fills you up again. I was such a baby making that work, lots of emotions and learning so much all the time.”

Lorde gave no details as to when Album III might surface, but its sound may be heavily inspired by the fact she’s been teaching herself how to play piano. “I think this next one will probably be born out of the piano in my house; me and my friends, keeping it simple.”

Lorde has been keeping low-key of late. But she appeared at a benefit concert to raise funds for victims of the March 15 Christchurch mosque attacks, doing a duet with Marlon Williams on the Simon and Garfunkel ‘60s classic ‘Sounds of Silence’. Last Saturday she was spotted having a cosy dinner with New Zealand prime minister Jacinda Ardern at an Auckland restaurant. Neither would discuss what they talked about.

https://themusicnetwork.com/third-one-in-the-oven-lorde-confirms-third-album-is-coming/

• Like 3
  • YAAAS 7

Stef

The oven must be solar powered 

The rumours are true, I’m back from the dead ❤️
  • LMAO 8

AlexanderMagno

Omg :giveup:

Come through Goddess of Music :giveup:

I seriously can't wait for this, I'm curious to see how she will express this new chapter in her life in music. She made it look like it will be a simply, almost happy, and stripped-down album. But who knows, omg I hope it comes sooner than later :giveup:

• Like 5

Sestri Levante

:tony:  our Lorde will deliver the piano bops we need

tenor.gif

Adding you to my list of people to forget about
  • LMAO 21
  • YAAAS 1

HausOfMark

I was just wondering what she was up to!

-Mark

Bovary
1 minute ago, Sestri Levante said:

tenor.gif

Writer In The Dark gets siblings :diane:

• YAAAS 3

SHALLOW

Isn't this news like a month old?

Edited by SHALLOW
Don't you know my a$$ is famous?
  • Like 3
  • LMAO 1
  • Thanks 1

Gracious Gaga
11 minutes ago, Sestri Levante said:

tenor.gif

LMAO this gif :cryga:

xoxo gracious gaga
  • LMAO 2

Miel

Melodrama is an incredible body of work, so I'm definitely excited.

3 points in and ready for more
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

SEXODUS

that could mean in three months just as much as in three years :emma:

𝐈𝐧 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐩𝐚𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐳𝐳𝐢, 𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐢𝐧' 𝐩𝐚𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐳𝐳𝐢 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐛*𝐭𝐜𝐡.
  • LMAO 1

gypsy101

her first 2 albums are literally perfect, 2 of the best of the decade (Melodrama should have won AOTY) so i’m very excited

• Like 1

LetsGetHigh

ADOPT ME MOM EVEN THOUGH YOU'RE 2 YEARS OLDER THAN ME

• Like 1