Stefani Tee
politics

2nd Democratic Debate Tonight

Featured Posts

tomsches

Kicking off the race to 2020, the first Democratic presidential debate of the 2020 cycle will be held in Miami on Wednesday and Thursday of this week. Candidates are expected to be grilled on all things policy, party and news of the day.

First Democratic debate schedule

Dates: Wednesday, June 26 & Thursday, June 27

Time: 9 to 11 p.m. EST

Location: Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts in Miami, Florida

How do the Democratic candidates qualify for the debate?

To qualify for the first debate in Miami, which will play out over two nights, candidates had to fulfill one of two criteria: either get 65,000 donors to their campaigns, with at least 200 donors in 20 different states, or obtain at least 1% in three polls recognized as legitimate by the committee. According to NBC News, which is hosting the debate, candidates' podium placements will be "based on polling."

First Democratic Debate rules

According to NBC, candidates will have 60 seconds to answer questions and 30 seconds to respond to follow-ups. There will be no opening statements, but the contenders will have a chance to deliver closing remarks at the close of the debate. 

Here's a look at everything you should know about watching this week's Democratic debate. 

DNC debate candidates for June 26

Cory Booker

Bill de Blasio

Julián Castro

John Delaney

Tulsi Gabbard

Jay Inslee

Amy Klobuchar

Beto O'Rourke

Tim Ryan

Elizabeth Warren

DNC debate candidates for June 27

Joe Biden

Michael Bennet

Pete Buttigieg

Kirsten Gillibrand 

Kamala Harris

John Hickenlooper

Bernie Sanders

Eric Swalwell

Marianne Williamson

Andrew Yang

Edited by tomsches
  • Like 1

Faysalaaa

Im excited for Tulsi, but this debate has alot of candidates we wont get to see them really debate much. How long is the debate going to be?

• Like 1

FATCAT

This is the debate that could re-define the polls. If any of them really knock it out the park they could easily move up 10 points Nationaly!

They will probably lay in hard on Biden tho since he's not there.

█▓█▓█▓█▓█▓█▓█▓█▓ This püssy grabs back. █▓█▓█▓█▓█▓█▓█▓█▓
  • Like 4
  • LMAO 1
  • YAAAS 1

ReRe

Looking forward to the debate, especially the one tomorrow with Kamala, Bernie and Mayor Pete. 

• Love 1

tomsches
1 hour ago, Faysalaaa said:

Im excited for Tulsi, but this debate has alot of candidates we wont get to see them really debate much. How long is the debate going to be?

It says that it will be 2 hours. 

• Like 1

Ronald Allen
11 minutes ago, MasonG said:

Where is Joe (the next president)?

Hes on Thurs night with the big hitters like Bernie,Kamal, Mayor Pete.  I really want Biden/Harris 2020 :oops:

spread love ,respect,compassion AMEN!!!! Zaza
  • Sad 4
  • Thanks 1

Whispering

I’m all for Warren, but this format with so many people might be difficult for her. She’s going to have to say more with less and that’s hard for someone like her...someone with actual detailed policies that they can explain very well with some time allotted.

”Free everything for everyone” or “Rich people suck” often play better in debates. 

These early debates are often about the one liners. 

• Like 5

A Hybrid

Does anyone else feel like compared to the other countries’ elections, the US elections seems to be more about being the subject of media and less about actually politics? Don’t get me wrong, it’s important of course, it just feels so fake... And fun to watch. Like a TV show :oprah:

I just wanted to be one of The Strokes
  • Like 2

Stephen
7 hours ago, Ronald Allen said:

Hes on Thurs night with the big hitters like Bernie,Kamal, Mayor Pete.  I really want Biden/Harris 2020 :oops:

I'm surprised Warren isn't with that group :huh:

• Like 2

Woolfsmck
47 minutes ago, A Hybrid said:

Does anyone else feel like compared to the other countries’ elections, the US elections seems to be more about being the subject of media and less about actually politics? Don’t get me wrong, it’s important of course, it just feels so fake... And fun to watch. Like a TV show :oprah:

Politics is a huge 3 ring circus in the us . 

Policy is more of an ideological issue and a conservative vs. Progressive liberal debate

like a cat in a sil, I observe life, moving and still. My words give a clue,look inside to see whats true
  • Like 1

tomsches
42 minutes ago, Stephen said:

I'm surprised Warren isn't with that group :huh:

It was randomly assigned

• Thanks 1

Arturo

This random selection worked out for Warren. She’ll have the night to herself.  Hope she skull drags Tulsi for defending Joe Biden’s segegrationist senator comments. Tulsi also mentioned Warren and Kamala in the same tweet, saying that they were in the wrong. Trash.

As for night 2, I’m gonna need Kamala and Bernie (ugh) to come together and make a fool of Joe. 

• Like 2