Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Reason for 'Scrapped' Projects

joannesrats

Featured Posts

joannesrats

I know this might strike a nerve with some members (much like how impressive, or not impressive, Gaga has been :triggered:), but I believe that Gaga and her team of artists is the reason that so many projects have either gotten delayed or scrapped altogether. We know that she has surrounded herself with creatives and artists that share her vision, which makes sense. However, as an artist with artistic friends, that can lead to mismanagement and other things. I have spoke about projects that I'm working on or things I plan to do that never see the light because I got overly excited about it, but they didn't turn out how I wanted them to or they just weren't feasible. I believe that this has been the case with a lot of Gaga projects. It's not that she lost interested in them quickly or anything, just when you have a big group of people that are all artists without necessarily caring too much about the business side of things, projects may get talked about and hyped up before they actually have come to fruition. 

While this may sound bad, this is the same team that has given us one of the most important pop musicians in history, sonically and creatively. Artists just like to talk about their work, and sometimes we get too excited. I hope this makes sense, it just kind of turned into rambling at some point. :hug::)

Batwings

Well we know it isn't because she's been busy tending to those chickens she abandoned in the fire. 

1497388989961.jpg

#neverforget

joannesrats
2 minutes ago, Batwings said:

Well we know it isn't because she's been busy tending to those chickens she abandoned in the fire. 

1497388989961.jpg

#neverforget

I hope they tasted good :ally:

Schizophonic

if you listen to one of the recent madonna interviews, she complained how interscope wont pay for a faz gostoso music video and she would love to put out one but doesnt know how to finance it.

pretty sure half of the canceled gaga projects have the same issue. they plan it and when they didnt reach a certain amount of success, the label wont pay for it.

if ARTPOP would have been a ASIB kind of sales succsess, pretty sure we already had act two.

jacs vs looser

I agree with you to certain extent, however, I feel like a lot of scrapped Gaga projects have a lot to do with Gaga herself. She seems to be very "stubborn" (for lack of a better word) when it comes to her vision, and that can be ... conflicting.

Aditionally, I get the feeling that she sees compromise in her decissions as compromisse in artistic integrity, (which I strongly disagree with) and that she rathers just scrap things altogher as opposed to them not being exactly how she wants them to be. Of curse, this is all speculation. :fan:

joannesrats
2 minutes ago, jacs vs looser said:

Aditionally, I get the feeling that she sees compromise in her decissions as compromisse in artistic integrity, (which I strongly disagree with) and that she rathers just scrap things altogher as opposed to them not being exactly how she wants them to be. Of curse, this is all speculation. :fan:

Yeah, I get what you're saying and I can see both arguments about artistic integrity. However, I don't think that anyone has a right to tell someone else what their artistic integrity means to themselves. 

jacs vs looser
1 minute ago, PhillipBagshaw said:

Yeah, I get what you're saying and I can see both arguments about artistic integrity. However, I don't think that anyone has a right to tell someone else what their artistic integrity means to themselves. 

True. I do wish she were a little more flexible with hers, but like you said, it's her prerogative.

joannesrats
3 minutes ago, jacs vs looser said:

True. I do wish she were a little more flexible with hers, but like you said, it's her prerogative.

As an artist, I can definitely understand how stubborn she is! I think her ego can get in the way a little bit, but it's hard to say whether or not it's an actual ego or her insecurities not allowing her to be flexible. 

jacs vs looser
2 minutes ago, PhillipBagshaw said:

As an artist, I can definitely understand how stubborn she is! I think her ego can get in the way a little bit, but it's hard to say whether or not it's an actual ego or her insecurities not allowing her to be flexible. 

A little off topic, but what kind of art do you make? If you don't mind me asking.

joannesrats
10 minutes ago, jacs vs looser said:

A little off topic, but what kind of art do you make? If you don't mind me asking.

Whatever I feel like. It's really been only for personal enjoyment but it's anything from visual to music. 

Luna Lovegood

Creative differences is a HUGE factor here.

luna’s advocate

ZwRaven

I have stuff I won't play for people they may even like. I have to be in love w a song I wrote (hope that doesn't sound narcissistic) before I'll play it out or even for friends. Leonard Cohen used to take years on the same song. So my answer as an artist and musician would be we are a fickle lot, and picky about our stuff. I've spoken to other song writers who feel the same as me and some who don't, but most do. That's why I respect freestyle rappers so much. That's total vulnerability.

whore

I wholeheartedly agree with you. As a creator myself, I have many ideas that I get excited about and share prematurely. Case in point: I had a song called “Through The Night” that I had wanted to be my lead single since I wrote it two years ago. After having it produced, it didn’t even get a spot on my mixtape, ended up scraped because after hearing it I realized it wasn’t what I had dreamed of. 

I think she’s just matured enough to stop talking about projects before they’ve been finalized yet, which is honorable in the end but is torturous during the wait. As fans we don’t know what to prepare for, but I guess it’s better than expecting something and not getting it 

whore
10 minutes ago, River Phoenix said:

Creative differences is a HUGE factor here.

Omg I never understood what “creative differences” meant until I started collaborating with people. I worked with a producer who wanted to speed a song of mine up, as well as pitch my vocals down. When I had protested against this, he eventually said he didn’t know where to take the song from there and we eventually parted ways :selena:

Schizophonic

i know its not exactly the topic but what do u guys think is her relationship with terry right now? does he understand she cant work with him at this point? does he has bad feelings for her because she stopped working with him? is she even mad at him?

Archived