💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

I'm still pressedT (Shallow related)

jacs vs looser

Featured Posts

jacs vs looser

Shallow, aka the lovesong of our generation, has been charting in the Hot 100 for 37 weeks already. THIRTY SEVEN WEEKS. Even this week, this "late" in the game, it managed to get back to the Top40 ... yet during the 2019 Grammys it LOST THE MOTHERDUCKING Song of the Year award to This is My Only #1 , :saladga:which only charted for 17 weeks. Now, I get that it lost ROTY, we all saw that coming, but I mean, COME ON!!

HOW.
WHY.
WHAT.

angry the little rascals GIF

And yes, I know she got the Oscar and whatnot, but it seriously deserved SOTY at the Grammys too. Sorry, I just needed this out of my system. I guess homophobia is just still well and alive. :smh: Thoughts? :giveup:

Shallow wasn't that huge back then (peaked at 5#), that's why. Although they said shallow would get SOTY if Oscars came before Grammys.

Katsuki Bakugo

Thanks for posting. 

If All You Ever Do Is Look Down On People, You Won't Be Able To Recognize Your Own Weaknesses.

freebit

People might have genuinely liked it, but it was also a woke song that probably made voters feel cool and ~aware for voting for it in a P4K kind of way. Because of that, it was able to withstand the plagiarism stuff too. 

River

I hope they will re-release it as Shallow (Jackson, Where Do U Think U're Going, Boy? pop bop version) so they can send it again for a nomination and this way it can win SOTY, ROTY and others

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

KatieJudasGaga4

@jacs vs looser The Grammy deadline was on January 9th or something and Shallow didn't make any impact yet worldwide and only won the Golden Globe before the Grammy deadline. And i'm sire it would've won it if the deadline was extended to early February, but the deadline was way too early.

whore
1 hour ago, Bulk said:

Shallow wasn't that huge back then (peaked at 5#), that's why. Although they said shallow would get SOTY if Oscars came before Grammys.

Oscars aren’t (or shouldn’t be) about what’s popular though, it’s about what is most honorable 

Quartz

If only the Oscars happened before the Grammys. Snubbed, really.

Inside, we are really made the same. 🕊

migamiga

Grammy awards aren’t based off chart success though (contrary to recent years)

ChromaticaPunk

chart success doesn't determine winning an award lol. every basic edm song will be winning grammys like no tomorrow.

jacs vs looser
17 hours ago, freebit said:

People might have genuinely liked it, but it was also a woke song that probably made voters feel cool and ~aware for voting for it in a P4K kind of way. Because of that, it was able to withstand the plagiarism stuff too. 

I agree, the "woke" message probably swayed a lot of the voters.

17 hours ago, River said:

I hope they will re-release it as Shallow (Jackson, Where Do U Think U're Going, Boy? pop bop version) so they can send it again for a nomination and this way it can win SOTY, ROTY and others

YAASSS. Grammys 2020 is ours. :giveup:

13 hours ago, HeavyMetalLover said:

chart success doesn't determine winning an award lol. every basic edm song will be winning grammys like no tomorrow. 

I know, it just feels to me like the categories that are marked as "... of the year" should take both success and quality into consideration, as their name implies (to me, at least) that they were "big" during that particular time period. But as people before rightfuly mentioned, Shallow's success and longevity were not as clear back then as they are now. Still, I know Gaga will win more Grammys in the future, I just hope one of them is from the main categories, gurl deserves it :bradley:

Doncho

Yeah its a shame. But you know whats worse than that? Bad Romance not being nominated for ANY big category :bradley: a travesty :bradley:

I hope Gaga can snatch one of the main awards someday (SOTY, ROTY, AOTY) but its gonna be hard

Archived