Stefani Tee
Sign in to follow this  
society

Extreme anti-abortion pastor arrested for child sex abuse

Featured Posts

Morphine Prince

A former Southern Baptist pastor who supported legislation in Texas that would have criminalized abortions has been arrested on charges of child sex abuse, accused of repeatedly molesting a teenage relative over the course of two years.

Stephen Bratton is accused of subjecting the relative to inappropriate touching that escalated to "sexual intercourse multiple times a day or several times a week" from 2013 to 2015, according to Thomas Gilliland, a spokesman with the Harris County Sheriff's Office.

Bratton told his wife about the abuse in May, and admitted to his co-pastors at Grace Family Baptist Church that same day that he had "sinned in grievous ways," according to court documents.

Edited by Morphine Prince
The friends I've had to bury, they keep me up at night
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

mindless

Wow, people truly are projecting  their biggest sins through their hateful actions. Shook! 

• Thanks 2

Salome
2 minutes ago, mindless said:

Wow, people truly are projecting  their biggest sins through their hateful actions. Shook! 

THIS. I know someone that says he's cured from genderdysphoria and now he is the biggest racist, sexist , homophobe, transphobe bitch. I don't get it.

He also believes that 99% of celebrities are transgender and gay.

Kapi09

There will be black sheep in each group of people. We should not judge the entire group. :reductive:

• Like 1

Faysalaaa
1 minute ago, Kapi09 said:

There will be black sheep in each group of people. We should not judge the entire group. :reductive:

I agree but priests and religious leaders are almost all bad people regardless of what religion it is. I am very religious but I hate religious leaders.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The Bad Joker
2 minutes ago, Faysalaaa said:

I agree but priests and religious leaders are almost all bad people regardless of what religion it is. I am very religious but I hate religious leaders.

that's not true. You can't say religious leaders are like that just based on the most extreme examples. The same goes to Muslim people.

• Like 1

Faysalaaa
1 minute ago, The Bad Joker said:

that's not true. You can't say religious leaders are like that just based on the most extreme examples. The same goes to Muslim people.

I did not judge based on extreme example, but most religious leaders are bad. If its not sexual assault and pedophilia, its other things. The position and power that comes with being a religious leader attracts many horrible people who can gain that power easily without any qualifications.

• Thanks 1

The Bad Joker
2 minutes ago, Faysalaaa said:

I did not judge based on extreme example, but most religious leaders are bad. If its not sexual assault and pedophilia, its other things. The position and power that comes with being a religious leader attracts many horrible people who can gain that power easily without any qualifications.

You know you have to study theology and philosophy to become a priest, don't you? That's hardly an absence of qualifications. Again, you're judging them through the lens of the news, and obviously the news will not show good priests because that's not interesting or new. You say you don't judge on extreme examples but then you proceed to judge on extreme examples one sentence later...

• Like 1

Faysalaaa
Just now, The Bad Joker said:

You know you have to study theology and philosophy to become a priest, don't you? That's hardly an absence of qualifications. Again, you're judging them through the lens of the news, and obviously the news will not show good priests because that's not interesting or new. You say you don't judge on extreme examples but then you proceed to judge on extreme examples one sentence later...

I judge based on my own personal experience, I used to deal with them on a daily basis. Eveyone talks about their own personal experience and they all say that they are bad. The statistic shows that it happens way too much to become a small problems only few doing it. They are even protected even after being exposed. Its the whole system like with cops for example.

• Thanks 2

The Bad Joker
Just now, Faysalaaa said:

I judge based on my own personal experience, I used to deal with them on a daily basis. Eveyone talks about their own personal experience and they all say that they are bad. The statistic shows that it happens way too much to become a small problems only few doing it. They are even protected even after being exposed. Its the whole system like with cops for example.

The existence of a biased system doesn't mean every member of the system is guilty of something...you should know this. The same goes to cops, you're saying it like every cop is corrupt, which is not true. Again, you're judging on extreme examples saying "Everyone" like you're capable of asking every single person on the world about priests and each and every one of them will tell you something bad about them. We both know that's not true.

• Like 1

Faysalaaa
2 minutes ago, The Bad Joker said:

The existence of a biased system doesn't mean every member of the system is guilty of something...you should know this. The same goes to cops, you're saying it like every cop is corrupt, which is not true. Again, you're judging on extreme examples saying "Everyone" like you're capable of asking every single person on the world about priests and each and every one of them will tell you something bad about them. We both know that's not true.

Yes I know this, that is why I did not say all. And yes im sure that almost everyone that was heavily involved with religious leaders will tell you bad they are.

• Thanks 1

mindless
25 minutes ago, Salome said:

THIS. I know someone that says he's cured from genderdysphoria and now he is the biggest racist, sexist , homophobe, transphobe bitch. I don't get it.

He also believes that 99% of celebrities are transgender and gay.

It’s just false ‘self’ defence mechanisms in my opinion :huh:

I myself have gone through a homophobia phase before coming out. 

Definitely weird and for sure there’s a legit psychological explanation behind this phenomenon. 

Its just easier for people to hate and reject rather than love and overcome I guess. Minds can be deceiving.