Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
movie

Bradley Cooper in talks to star in Guillermo Del Toro film

Bradley

Featured Posts

Bradley
1 hour ago, Poissonche said:

Little monsters in 2015-2016: Gaga has become a tribute act. When will she stop performing cover after cover? Where is LG5?

Little monsters in 2019: LET'S CAST HER IN ANOTHER REMAKE WITH THE SAME LEAD ACTOR SHALL WE SKSKSKSKSKSKSKSK

This story hasn't been told in like 70 years though.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Poissonche
32 minutes ago, Bradley said:

This story hasn't been told in like 70 years though.

Still a remake. I'd like for someone to cast Gaga in a completely original movie that cannot be compared to any other version of it, nor to a book or any other original source, because the movie will be the original source. But I'd still be happy with her playing this role, seems interesting.

Bradley
4 minutes ago, Poissonche said:

Still a remake. I'd like for someone to cast Gaga in a completely original movie that cannot be compared to any other version of it, nor to a book or any other original source, because the movie will be the original source. But I'd still be happy with her playing this role, seems interesting.

It takes shrewd abilities to be able to deliver a screenplay that is effective regardless of it being an original or an adaptation. I think a story can be very emotionally resonant at the hands of an experienced screenwriter, regardless of it being original or not.

The Oscars made an effort to acknowledge both types of screenplays - Best Original Screenplay and Best Adapted Screenplay, and I love that because they're saying they can be just as powerful as each other.

Also coupled with the fact that A Star Is Born was last made 40 years ago, and this 70 years ago, it should be as good as new.

Archived