💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

No one comes close to Gaga’s creativity

MonsterMom

Featured Posts

MonsterMom

Today at work I spent the whole day having to listen to the most generic pop songs. I thought my ears were going to start bleeding :saladga:. Whenever I have to listen to mind numbing music it always makes me appreciate the creativity in all her music ( looking at you most ARTPOP :classy:). Really though, no one has the interesting beats and lyrics she does. I just love her talent :icega:

ElectricKing

she is for sure something special, no one has topped her creatively in the pop lane since she came about imo

HotLikeMexico

In the mainstream, as of recent times, Gaga reigns supreme and I have yet to see someone I truly think tops her.

The only artist I can think of, and sadly she isn't as big is Roisin Murphy.

Jose P

Maybe only Madonna comes close. I know the comparisons are tiresome but they do have much in common regarding creativity and passion for their artistry.

AJRocketMan

Correction: no one can beat CLASSIC GAGA’S creativity. Joanne was enjoyable but didn’t try to reinvent the wheel or do anything new or unique. Cheek to Cheek and A Star Is Born were tribute eras glorifying the past.

MonsterMom

3 minutes ago, AJRocketMan said:

Correction: no one can beat CLASSIC GAGA’S creativity. Joanne was enjoyable but didn’t try to reinvent the wheel or do anything new or unique. Cheek to Cheek and A Star Is Born were tribute eras glorifying the past.

A Star is born is amazing and and if you don’t find that creative then I feel sorry for you:huntyga:

AJRocketMan
2 minutes ago, MonsterMom said:

A Star is born is amazing and and if you don’t find that creative then I feel sorry for you:huntyga:

Since when is 70’s southern rock and 90’s-style Dianne Warren rip-off ballads creative, revolutionary, inventive, or imaginative?

Tiny Purse
6 minutes ago, AJRocketMan said:

I think a lot of Joanne is super creative. John Wayne, Dancing in Circles, Come to Mama, Diamond Heart, etc are all super interesting musically. Might not be as loud and dance-y, but they really sound unique in my opinion! 

MonsterMom
2 minutes ago, AJRocketMan said:

Since when is 70’s southern rock and 90’s-style Dianne Warren rip-off ballads creative, revolutionary, inventive, or imaginative?

Would you say that to Gaga’s face...lady gaga no GIF

And I still don’t agree :oops:

OMonster

I *completely* agree. Gaga's talent is really unmatched. 

And as for Joanne / ASIB lacking in creativity, I think that is totally untrue. Musically, these songs do not 'reinvent the wheel' - but thematically and lyrically, they each have some fantastic material. 

'Shallow' is a beautifully and interestingly written song about the dichotomy between love and existence in an increasingly superficial world. The metaphor of the ocean and diving deep beyond the surface, I think, is very creative. And to have it as a conversation between men and women, particularly against today's zeitgeist, is really powerful and poignant. 

Joanne has many interesting songs. 'Dancing in Circles' for example makes use of some fantastic metaphorical imagery in the way it sensually subverts loneliness and heartbreak into something more provocative. It's a different and certainly more 'Gaga' way of looking at the 'finding happiness in sadness' theme. 

Compare all of Gaga's work to her contemporaries, and her lyrics are some of the best. Gaga is extremely good at having songs that have good lyrics /and/ good meanings, without ever sacrificing either component. Some songs have great meanings, but are written in a cringeworthy way. Gaga is very clever to avoid that.

subtext / fantasy

AJRocketMan
5 minutes ago, MonsterMom said:

Would you say that to Gaga’s face...lady gaga no GIF

And I still don’t agree :oops:

Honestly yeah, I would. I’d tell her that A Star Is Born failed to capture the spirit of the times unlike the previous versions. The current remake feels like a reimagining of the 1976 version instead of developing its own identity. All of the other iterations were contemporary, and reflected the culture of their times whereas this version was vastly out of touch with the 2010’s zeitgeist. No one gives a sh¡t about rock music anymore. :ohwell: And Shallow only succeeded because it was aimed at an older audience.

Reginald

Even though I haven't agreed with most of her creative decisions since the end of ARTPOP, it's definitely undeniable that she's leagues ahead of her peers in terms of creativity

androiduser

nowadays, from her own generation... sure, she is the most creative (in the mainstream pop world).... overall, in the history of modern music / pop, there have been equally creative or more creative artists, but they also had longer careers overall so Gaga still has time for a lot more.

Archived