Stefani Tee
politics

Joe Biden Is Going To Cure Cancer

Featured Posts

Saint Hollywood

That is quite the statement to make... All I'll say is that I hope a cure is brought to the public as soon as possible, whether Biden is elected or not.

Edited by Saint Hollywood
  • Like 1

OG Gaga Stan

Promising to cure cancer while simultaneously claiming that Medicare for All is unrealistic... Okay. :madge:

Edited by OG Gaga Stan
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 22

SiliconeMonster

It's like he's trying to lose this election on purpose. Smh:selena:

Stop putting your foot in your mouth Uncle Joe. 

Edited by SiliconeMonster
Find your freedom in the music
  • Thanks 1

rumours
9 minutes ago, OG Gaga Stan said:

Promising to cure cancer while simultaneously claiming that Medicare for All is unrealistic... Okay. :madge:

Give him about 12 or so minutes... that should be enough time for him to flip flop on the issue :huntyga:

• LMAO 3

Morphine Prince

I know this is a personal topic for him as his son died from brain cancer.... but this statement is kind of irresponsible. I know he probably meant it as an aspirational statement but.... this is a campaign trail. Everything you say will be torn apart. And this just opens up the doors for people to make fun of this. 

The friends I've had to bury, they keep me up at night
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 5

Maleficent

He lost a child to cancer. No parent can ever truly recover from losing a child

I'm not a witch, I'm a love technician
  • Like 3
  • Love 1

Reginald
8 minutes ago, OG Gaga Stan said:

EducatedSpeedyDungenesscrab-size_restric

nihilist blues
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

JusKeepBreathin

Before you guys act so flippant remember his son died of brain cancer. It's an issue that is personal to him. 

I do think everytime he opens his mouth he makes a mistake tho. :neyde:

Edited by JusKeepBreathin
"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

OG Gaga Stan
17 minutes ago, JusKeepBreathin said:

Before you guys act so flippant remember his son died of brain cancer. It's an issue that is personal to him. 

I do think everything he opens his mouth he makes a mistake tho. :neyde:

I’ve had family die of cancer too, and I’d really rather he not make massively irresponsible statements like this that instill false hope in those with cancer and their family members. Especially when he’s simultaneously sh*tting on plans for a universal healthcare system that could save millions of lives at a fraction of the cost of our current private healthcare system by treating people with illnesses that we can actually, currently cure that we otherwise wouldn’t because they don’t have the money.

Most importantly: If he were to somehow throw enough money at cancer research to find a cure for the hundreds of different forms of cancer that exist, under our current privatized healthcare system, millions of people would continue to die of the disease because they couldn’t afford the cost of treatment. If we contextualize this claim within the rest of his political positions, he’s essentially calling for a cure for cancer that is only available for those with enough money to pay pharmaceutical companies for it (i.e. the wealthy). Not only is it an idiotic and irresponsible thing to promise, the true extent of what he’s advocating for is repulsive. 

Edited by OG Gaga Stan
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Marilyn MonHoe
37 minutes ago, OG Gaga Stan said:

That was my literal thought when I read the title :rip:

• Thanks 1

JusKeepBreathin
11 minutes ago, OG Gaga Stan said:

I’ve had family die of cancer too, and I’d really rather he not make massively irresponsible statements like this that instill false hope in those with cancer and their family members. Especially when he’s simultaneously sh*tting on plans for a universal healthcare system that could save millions of lives at a fraction of the cost of our current private healthcare system by treating people with illnesses that we can actually, currently cure that we otherwise wouldn’t because they don’t have the money.

Didn't I also say everytime he opens his mouth it's a mistake. I have also had family who have had cancer. 

I directed my comment at people who were flippant. Were you flippant?

If not then why you so mad at my comment?  

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

OG Gaga Stan
1 minute ago, JusKeepBreathin said:

Didn't I also say everytime he opens his mouth it's a mistake. I have also had family who have had cancer. 

I directed my comment at people who were flippant. Were you flippant?

If not then why you so mad at my comment?  

I’m not mad. :awkney: I’m explaining that people have a right to be flippant about a promise like this, especially when it’s coming from this specific politician. I only took the time to type that out because I know that you love to sh*t on leftist candidates in favor of centrists like Biden (or Harris or O’Rourke, etc.) and I wanted to make clear that advocating for anything other than universal system in line with any of the massively successful industrialized countries around the world is to essentially advocate for a tiered institution that prioritizes the wealthy over poor and working class people. 

• Like 2