💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Prism is literally one of the most boring pop albums

Smother Em Eh

Featured Posts

Smother Em Eh

Listening to this album made me thinking. 

It got me thinking that this album is so generic. I know it was a step up from Teenage Dream in terms of lyrics and more mature but the production is so underwhelming. Roar is subpar and the album has some interesting tracks like Birthday, Walking On Air & International Smile but like more than half of the album is a snooze fest! 

It has no personality or substance. Other so called generic albums like TF and MDNA seem like loud albums compared to Prism. This album is so boring! 

Anyone agree? 

Get Applause & G.U.Y to 1B views!

ElectricKing

I think Witness is a more of a generic album than Prism. Witness is so forgettable as a whole except for a few songs which are great to listen to, but never make me think 'Oh I fancy listening to that' without actually seeing them.

MDNA is a seriously generic album. Again like Witness, it's listenable - but it's so boring without absolutely NO character. How do they perform these songs every night on tour? :icega:

AlexanderMagno

WItness and Prism are incredibly generic and forgettable.

Teenage Dream and One of the Boys are incredibly mainstream, bubblegum pop, but they have a lot of replay value. 

TimisaMonster

Spiritual was the only song that showed me growth potential and I was mad it was a bonus track...

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

gumzy3000
6 minutes ago, TimisaMonster said:

Spiritual was the only song that showed me growth potential and I was mad it was a bonus track...

This track did the opposite for me. It seemed way too calculated and fake. Almost like her label forced Her to make a “mature sounding” song to gain public favour. 

I know we can’t compare Madonna to Katy Perry but Spiritual tried to pull a Ray of Light and it failed.

trolly troll troll

TimisaMonster
4 minutes ago, gumzy3000 said:

This track did the opposite for me. It seemed way too calculated and fake. Almost like her label forced Her to make a “mature sounding” song to gain public favour. 

I know we can’t compare Madonna to Katy Perry but Spiritual tried to pull a Ray of Light and it failed.

John Mayer helped write it...but if what your saying is true it's sad the label has to judge an artist to show growth and sound like they are maturing and changing their sound...and witness was a step in the right direction but the execution was lacking...hopefully this new album is that. However the first single shows me a regression :saladga:

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

AJRocketMan

Yes, it is! The entire second half of the album (Ghost to Choose Your Battles) sounds like adult contemporary pop music and/or CCM aimed at teens. Just completely lacks character. The first half of the album I do admit is less bubblegum sounding than her other records (with the exception of Birthday and This Is How We Do), which is good. To me, Walking On Air is the best song on the album and it should have been a proper single with a ‘90s themed video, instead of just a promo single. ARTPOP is so much better than this album!

Smother Em Eh
6 minutes ago, AJRocketMan said:

Yes, it is! The entire second half of the album (Ghost to Choose Your Battles) sounds like adult contemporary pop music and/or CCM aimed at teens. Just completely lacks character. The first half of the album I do admit is less bubblegum sounding than her other records (with the exception of Birthday and This Is How We Do), which is good. To me, Walking On Air is the best song on the album and it should have been a proper single with a ‘90s themed video, instead of just a promo single. ARTPOP is so much better than this album!

Yesss it sure does! Also, OMFG yessss!

I always thought Walking On Air would’ve slayed as a single! Imagine the video too! :pray: Glad you feel the same way I do! 

:triggered:

Get Applause & G.U.Y to 1B views!

HelloBarbara

Yeah it’s my least favourite Katy album. Has a few good songs:

legendary lovers

by the grace of god

walking on air

dark horse 

but generally meh 

Hiiieee

Gimme More

Prism and Witness are both crap

Teenage Dream and One Of The Boys are her best albums.

#JusticeForBritney ♡

Aleks

Unpopular opinion, but Prism is my fav and I actually feel like, except for the singles, Teenage Dream is not that good :laughga:

Actual footage of me in 2 secondes :

tenor.gif

We don’t really need to talk too much, show each other what we know 🦋

FentyGa

prism is her worst album wbk
the first 8 songs are bops but they're really disjointed and in cohesive to the point where it sounds like a greatest hits compilation album, and the second half is meh and pretty much the same
I love Katy but prism ain't it

gagaxsebert

Me when I say prism is my favourite album 😬

how-i-feel-after-i-confidently-shout-a-w

Used to be HighRoad

likeitrough

honestly i loved Witness besides the singles. :oops:

in retrospect, Prism has so many forgettable tracks and i only return for Walking On Air. 

Archived