Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Chained To The Rhythm or Never Really Over?

Versace

CTTR or NRO  

121 members have voted

1. 1. CTTR or NRO

• Chained To The Rhythm
    • Never Really Over

Featured Posts

Versace

Which do you prefer and why?

NRO technically isn’t the lead of KP5 unless it does really well (that's the impression I got from Katy) 

For me personally while CTTR was an admirable attempt at creating this Politically-charged disco pop track (sounds amazing on paper) , the execution was weak and we all know the song became a moderate hit because it was coming off the back of PRISM.  To me the lyrics no matter their smart subtleties or metaphorical  meanings, they just felt so weak and extremely cringe to sing along to. The verses sound quite good  but the chorus just falls flat for Katy's  norm (it's just not as explosive as her singles prior).  

However, Never Really Over is a different story for me. If you listened to the song with the expectation that you were gonna hear something other than an uptempo radio-friendly song then you disappointed yourself. Katy always plays it safe with her singles sound-wise, if you want to see her experiment then  listen to the non-singles tracks (Circle The Drain, Who Am I Living For?, Legendary Lovers, Spiritual, Roulette, Pendulum). NRO is honestly everything I was expecting from a PRISM and Witness single but never got, I wanted Katy to project her bubblegum pop sound onto a mature song (lyrics wise and theme wise). I can finally sense maturity with NRO and can relate with the lyrics on a deeper level. We've all had those relationships that never really end and we may never heal from them (it's actually some deep **** if you think hard about it). 

Here's to hoping that NRO does well :vegas:

mucinex

Never Really Over is an absolute bop, but Chained To The Rhythm is so infectious I gotta choose CTTR

edengowon

Chained To The Rhythm is one of the first pop songs I truly could not stop playing so it'll always hold a special place in my heart. The performances of Chained to The Rhythm were incredible too, the concepts were really good, so once she's performed NRO a few times, I'll be able to decide then.

the artist formerly known as melancholia

Ryusei

Never Really Over. CTTR is catchy and all but justbecauseitsoverdoesntmeanitsreallover... is iconic in my book :bon: 

1 minute ago, LiamNick said:

B0n 4pp3tit :bon:

music video GIF by Katy Perry

the real answer :bon: 

Musery

Thomas P

Never Really Over is truly one of the best pop songs of the past couple years. It’s like a mix of what I love in a Katy perry Song with some modern Carly Rae, and lyrical maturity she hasn’t demonstrated before. 

She high key won me back with the song, cause I will fully admit to jumping ship back in Witness cause I just didn’t like the music. CTTR is okayish imo. Nothing more than that. 

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

VTV

Im a Sia and Max Martin fan so CTTR

checkout my channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5iGoXYpXnIfLHH1o7H9lxA

FfFfFfFF

I find CTTR overrated but I don't like NRO too much either. Justice for 365. :grr:

River

the "zombie" in CTTR makes it lose so many points that even Bitch I'm Madonna is becoming more  critically acclaimed.

So I say NRO

I'm working late, cause I'm a puta

Luke78619

CTTR disapppinted me after hearing the instrumental snippet before its release so I’ve never been able to enjoy it

NRO issa bop and been playing on repeat :firega:

insta: good_lukeing | I have nothing else to promote

DiamondKing

Right now both :flutter: NRO also gives me somehow the same vibe as CTTR. Let's see how NRO developes over time, CTTR became one of my favorite Katy singles :wub:

Archived