💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Where will the iPhone App sales register?

boysboysboys

Featured Posts

boysboysboys

Just an inquiry: where will the App purchases register in the overall computation?

Otherwise, how can it generate demand for CD/digital/streaming/radio?

It's not about demand, it's about getting more people to come to the ARTPOP Opera tbh.

Actually, I'd hope each app download would count as like 1/10th an album purchase or something.

ARTPOP isn't going to be about the charts and sales, it's possible that the ap may count as an album sale though (if it meets criteria)

It should count as sales!! Like app should be purchased! On which an album should be bought digitally!!! :)

“The scars on my mind are on Replay”

dontbesweet

Gaga said the App wouldn't be as expensive as the CD or something. I'm guessing if Gaga is trying to revolutionise the way music is sold and enjoyed, there's a possibility that it could count towards sales.

boysboysboys

Gaga said the App wouldn't be as expensive as the CD or something. I'm guessing if Gaga is trying to revolutionise the way music is sold and enjoyed, there's a possibility that it could count towards sales.

Which sales? Just hoping it will factor in on Billboard's computation :)

boysboysboys

I've been wondering this myself. We should get on billboard.com and try asking them.

Do you have an account?

I do not, but I'll create one so I can ask. I encourage others to do the same... Highly unlikely we will get a response with only one person asking.

Arturo

I do not, but I'll create one so I can ask. I encourage others to do the same... Highly unlikely we will get a response with only one person asking.

I'll ask :party:

boysboysboys

That's nice :) I asked because I'm not sure I'll be able to find the time, but I promise to try.

There's this Gary guy there that answers questions, I think he'd be most welcome to answer.

Magoo also has several chartsters in line to give you assistance ;)

That's nice :) I asked because I'm not sure I'll be able to find the time, but I promise to try.

There's this Gary guy there that answers questions, I think he'd be most welcome to answer.

Magoo also has several chartsters in line to give you assistance ;)

Not a problem. All anyone has to do is e-mail [email protected] and ask him. I just did :)

boysboysboys

Not a problem. All anyone has to do is e-mail [email protected] and ask him. I just did :)

Okay, this is what I emailed them. Apparently you can also use [email protected] to mail them questions.

Here goes...

--------------------

Dear Gary,

First of all, I would like to thank Billboard for continuing its service in promoting musicians and giving credit to their sales and influence. I have made digital purchases with the help of Billboard's links and recommendations, and so far I am satisfied with the music I've bought through the guidance of this service.

This is my query: I heard from several music sites that Lady Gaga will be putting out her early 2013 album, ARTPOP, as an app along with traditional music media formats. How will this figure in Billboard's sales computations? If there is no allocation for mobile apps in the general computation of standing for this album, will it happen someday and is Billboard already keen on that? Lastly, in your expert opinion, will the mobile app version of ARTPOP help its physical or digital singles sales?

Thank you very much!

Yours truly,

(My Name)

Okay, this is what I emailed them. Apparently you can also use [email protected] to mail them questions.

Here goes...

--------------------

Dear Gary,

First of all, I would like to thank Billboard for continuing its service in promoting musicians and giving credit to their sales and influence. I have made digital purchases with the help of Billboard's links and recommendations, and so far I am satisfied with the music I've bought through the guidance of this service.

This is my query: I heard from several music sites that Lady Gaga will be putting out her early 2013 album, ARTPOP, as an app along with traditional music media formats. How will this figure in Billboard's sales computations? If there is no allocation for mobile apps in the general computation of standing for this album, will it happen someday and is Billboard already keen on that? Lastly, in your expert opinion, will the mobile app version of ARTPOP help its physical or digital singles sales?

Thank you very much!

Yours truly,

(My Name)

Perfect!!! I really hope we get an answer out of them... I would hate to get the sales figures and have no idea if the app was factored in or not.

Please, more people e-mail and ask!

Archived