Jump to content
Stefani Tee
Sign in to follow this  
movie

I started a Youtube channel! Leave BRUTALLY HONEST feedback

Featured Posts

brownie

Hey guys! 

Are you aware of film channels like Cinemasins and Red Letter Media and ralphthemoviemaker? Well I started a youtube channel devoted to covering older horror movies in the style of those channels; reviewing more obscure cult classic movies, making 'everything wrong with' videos, and occasionally doing sit down interviews and 'talk show' type videos with horror creators and artists. 

I made my first "everything wrong with" video and posted it today, looking for any and all feedback! Cinemasins, the channel who invented the "everything wrong with" video, notably don't like watching horror movies and never cover older b-movies and grindhouse flicks and syfy movies. I got that covered! All my videos will be critical but also loving tributes to obscure horror movies. 

My main concern is my voice to be honest -- Im not a voice actor or narrator or anything by any means, but can't afford to hire a constant voice actor, or rely on other people constantly doing vocals. Hopefully my voice isn't too rough! 

This first video I just posted to get feedback and see how it does. I have several more planned in the works. Let me know how to improve! i made this steve harvey GIF

 

Edited by brownie
  • Like 4
  • YAAAS 1
  • Love 4

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Donna Noble
6 minutes ago, brownie said:

Hopefully my voice isn't too rough! 

Your voice is really nice :wub: The only thing I can come up with is a nitpick, I think you should centre the subtitles for stylistic reasons. But you're doing great! 

Edited by Donna Noble
Government Hooker-eh
  • Love 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Snorlax

BETCH IM SHOOK. can you do Halloween 4: The Return of Michael Myers a.k.a. the best horror movie ever 

  • YAAAS 1
  • Love 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pacify Him

Can you do Possession 1981 next? I'm planning on watching it soon

I’m getting on your nerves
  • Like 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
brownie
42 minutes ago, Donna Noble said:

Your voice is really nice :wub: The only thing I can come up with is a nitpick, I think you should centre the subtitles for stylistic reasons. But you're doing great! 

Thanks dude! I'm pretty insecure about my voice, haha. Subtitles aren't centered to leave room for the trivia pop-ups! 

12 minutes ago, Pacify Him said:

Can you do Possession 1981 next? I'm planning on watching it soon

 

39 minutes ago, Snorlax said:

BETCH IM SHOOK. can you do Halloween 4: The Return of Michael Myers a.k.a. the best horror movie ever 

I can add these to the list! Fair warning there's about ten videos planned right now and each one takes 20-30 hours to get right -- it may take awhile! HUGE thanks for the interest/requests! :kiss:

  • Like 1
  • Love 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Musicnotthebling

Looks and sounds great! :ally: 

One thing I would suggest is maybe changing the font of the sins, kills, and living dolls on the left, to make it a little easier to read. 

Edited by ARTPOPSTER
  • Love 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
brownie
1 minute ago, ARTPOPSTER said:

Looks and sounds great! :ally: 

One thing I would suggest is maybe changing the font of the sins, kills, and living dolls on the left, to make it a little easier to read. 

It's a high-res horror font that unfortunately looks great in Premiere but gets compressed and a tad pixelated when uploading to youtube. :/ A side effect of the H264 codec and long video length. I was debating whether to swap out in future vids -- I like how the font looks uncompressed, but when you add export + youtube compression it does become tougher on the eyes. 

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
David Ward
50 minutes ago, Snorlax said:

BETCH IM SHOOK. can you do Halloween 4: The Return of Michael Myers a.k.a. the best horror movie ever 

Love that movie and the Halloween franchise altogether

hell yeah GIF

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
LateToCult

“Midnight kitty” I-

Also your voice is nice to listen to. 

Edited by LateToCult
  • YAAAS 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Musicnotthebling
9 minutes ago, brownie said:

It's a high-res horror font that unfortunately looks great in Premiere but gets compressed and a tad pixelated when uploading to youtube. :/ A side effect of the H264 codec and long video length. I was debating whether to swap out in future vids -- I like how the font looks uncompressed, but when you add export + youtube compression it does become tougher on the eyes. 

I like the font, but like you said it gets compressed. Maybe a different color would make it easier to read?

That was my only suggestion. Everything else is great! :vegas:

  • Like 2

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Economy

Im gonna subscribe!

 

GGD has been supportive to my channel so I will return the favour :)

 

im busy right now to whatch 19 whole minutes but I saw the first 3 minutes. From what I saw it's good so far!!!!

 

Edited by Economy
  • Love 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
brownie
54 minutes ago, David Ward said:

Love that movie and the Halloween franchise altogether

hell yeah GIF

Is it bad that I like the Rob Zombie movies more than the originals? *ducks from thrown chairs* 

 

47 minutes ago, ARTPOPSTER said:

I like the font, but like you said it gets compressed. Maybe a different color would make it easier to read?

That was my only suggestion. Everything else is great! :vegas:

I'm definitely taking stuff like this into consideration! 

  • Like 2

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
brownie
54 minutes ago, BOMSHELL said:

Hm, your voice

giphy.gif

 

51 minutes ago, LateToCult said:

“Midnight kitty” I-

Also your voice is nice to listen to. 

I have a natural lisp and have never, ever liked my voice and had resigned myself to "I guess if I want to make youtube videos I have to get used to my voice". You guys are making this so much easier. Much love. swoon love GIF by NICOLE DONUT

 

  • Love 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  
×
×
  • Create New...