Apple Music
Sign in to follow this  
question

Was Gaga insecure about her forehead?

Featured Posts

David Ward

I've always wondered why she would hide her forehead behind bangs throughout The Fame era. Was there a reason behind this?

• LMAO 3

Maleficent

pimples. lots of gross, puss oozing pimples 

Spoiler

she probably just liked bangs idk?? Why DONT u cover ur forehead?

I'm not a witch, I'm a love technician
  • LMAO 6

Blastertoyo

Front bangs were the thing in like early 2000 

Gaga just made them platinum blonde and chunky af 

• Like 1

PunkTheFunk

I don't blame her

Lady-Gaga-with-a-Big-Head--127189.jpg

#Pete2020
  • Like 1
  • LMAO 36

Dream Rider

I feel she was insecure about her whole face and the bangs made her look very different in shape and angles and also her hair helped to hide in it

Edited by Dream Rider
  • Like 4

Steve Nasty

The front bangs and huge sunglasses were protection. Same reason she sometimes had funny accents. She was nervous

• Like 16

27monster27

She said that she hid her forehead whenever she was uncomfortable, or had low confidence. I don't know if it had anything to do with looks.

SS77

I think it had to do with confidence at first, but then it also became an integral part of the THE Lady Gaga “look” back then. Everyone associated long straight platinum bangs with her back in 2008-2009.

That’s why it was such a huge blow when TFM era started, because it was the first time she was massively seen worldwide without bangs or nude makeup. 

Edited by SS77
  • Like 2

Goddessoflove96

“I’ve got my bangs to hide that I don’t have a chance”Hair+-+Official+1500x1500.jpg

• Like 11
  • Love 2
  • Shook 1

Mitchey

I’m pretty sure she’s said before that she wore the bangs and big sunglasses to hide the size of her nose. 

LaLa

I don't think it had anything to do with looks at all. The low bangs and the constant sunglasses were a way for her to (subconsciously) put distance between herself and the world. She got so famous so quickly and I'm sure it was very overwhelming. 

Aphrodizy26
8 minutes ago, Goddessoflove96 said:

“I’ve got my bangs to hide that I don’t have a chance”Hair+-+Official+1500x1500.jpg

I always that it was “Ive got my bangs too high that you don’t stand a chance” as in they were dramatically long and fierce and literally the polar opposite of the actual lyric fkfkglgl:bradley:

• Like 2
  • LMAO 4

Fiene
1 minute ago, Mitchey said:

I’m pretty sure she’s said before that she wore the bangs and big sunglasses to hide the size of her nose. 

many people say she had a nose job, Is that true?

mauvais

Blunt fringe was it back then. When the Fame came out, I had fringe like hers circa Lollapalooza :green:. But, I think the fact that blunt bangs eliminate the need for a realistic hairline with (comparatively) cheap wigs was quite important.

• Thanks 5