Stefani Tee
🎤 Use code GAGAVEGAS at SeatGeek.com to get $20 off tickets 🎤
Sign in to follow this  
politics

DNC Will Assign Candidate Randomly Over 2 Nights Primary Debate

Featured Posts

RAMROD

D7IDs5TXkAU-qN5?format=png&name=small

A new rule adopted by the Democratic National Committee and NBC News will evenly divide top-tier candidates across two nights in the first Democratic presidential primary debates in June, a move to maintain viewer interest in both events by making sure well-known contenders are on stage both nights.

Democrats getting at least 2 percent support in the polling average will be randomly and evenly split between the two nights, which will each feature 10 candidates, according to the formula obtained by POLITICO. Candidates below that threshold will also be evenly and randomly divided between the two debate lineups.

The rule will not keep any two candidates from appearing onstage together. But it will prevent random chance from loading one night with polling leaders and the other night with less well-known presidential candidates. NBC News is the media partner for the first debates on June 26-27.

Eight candidates have a polling average at or above 2 percent right now: Joe Biden, Cory Booker, Pete Buttigieg, Kamala Harris, Amy Klobuchar, Beto O’Rourke, Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren. With the newly announced rule, four would be guaranteed to appear on the first night, and four would be guaranteed to appear on the second night.

Biden and Sanders, currently occupying first and second place in most polls, will still have a close to 50-50 chance of appearing on the same night — about the same odds they would have under a purely random draw that does not break the field into two groups.

Source:

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/05/24/democrats-undercard-june-1344368

So, what do y'all think? Good idea? Bad idea? 

Also, interesting to know Biden is coming close to Bernie. 

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ ♥ I ♥ Am ♥ The ♥ Clown ♥ Hiding ♥ Under ♥ Your ♥ Bed ♥

Morphine Prince

Hope Sanders and Biden end up together so people can compare a visionary with moderate mediocrity. 

Edited by Morphine Prince
For the debt I owe, gotta sell my soul, 'Cause I can't say no, no, I can't say no
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

PartySick
4 minutes ago, Morphine Prince said:

Hope Sanders and Biden end up together so people can compare a visionary with moderate mediocrity. 

Agree really. I also hope Warren gets a significant boost here.

I don't need you to respect me, I respect me. I don't need you to love me, I love me.
  • Like 3

Morphine Prince
24 minutes ago, PartySick said:

Agree really. I also hope Warren gets a significant boost here.

Although as of now I am voting for Bernie, I do hope Warren ends up on the same stage too. She’d also show how awful Biden is as a candidate. 

For the debt I owe, gotta sell my soul, 'Cause I can't say no, no, I can't say no

ItsTommyBitch

Although I think Biden Bernie and Warren deserve to be on the same night for the contrast, this is ultimately whats the fairest with a little lee-way for interesting discussion.

~~

As an aside, I think the debates will hurt Kamala a lot. Despite all of her initial hype, and having somewhat decent policies, she is still towing the Establishment Democrat banner and all of her speeches and town halls sound TOO rehearsed, she uses the same jargon, same phrases, slogans, anecdotes, etc. and it really hurts her relatability to me, which is unfortunately a bigger issue for voters because she's a woman :rip:  Democrats are not Republicans, but they are Politicians, and debates where candidates don't really directly answer the question but use every question as a springboard to bring up a cliche or another related issue that is more popular to talk about in polling are really really frustrating for EVERYONE and it makes people on the fence go like "Ugh, another politician" and ignore the progressiveness of their policy, ideas, beliefs, etc. 

私自身もこの世の中も誰もかれもが, どんなに華やかな人生でも, どんなに悲惨な人生でも, いつかは変貌し, 破壊され、消滅してしまう. すべてがもともとこの世に存在しない一瞬の幻想なのだから

mauvais

So you have 4 people who might win the nom debating against 6 politicians who can't poll above 2%? Soooo dumb. Half these people running just want a book deal. Let them have an undercard debate. 

Edited by mauvais

Morphine Prince
2 minutes ago, mauvais said:

So you have 4 people who might win the nom debating against 6 politicians who can't poll above 2%? Soooo dumb. Half these people running just want a book deal. Let them have an undercard debate. 

And there’s like 24? candidates total :rip: 

• LMAO 1

Faysalaaa

I think they dont want Sanders up against the candidate they want to win so he doesnt look bad