💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Gaga Tour Concepts

OMonster

Featured Posts

OMonster

Based on the lack of storyline at JWT, and the negative reaction to the Enigma concept, I wondered... what would you love to see from a future Gaga tour? 

Personally, I would like to see what Enigma promised - a true odyssey through her career. And whilst Enigma does provide that, I would've preferred it to have been more expansive and more imaginative in it's structure. Stefani, Birth of Gaga, Artist Vs. Fame, Lady Vs. Gaga... you know, each 'Act' representing a chronological (not necessarily in terms of release dates - just songs representative of a certain feeling) depiction of Gaga's first ten years. 

For a specific album tour, I would like to see the story of the album really played out again. 

Would be interested in hearing other concepts!

subtext / fantasy

davflz

For the near future I'd love ones along the lines of BTWB and Artrave, that just expand on the album and express the aesthetic and theme it revolves around.

I'd love something like you described, but just not currently. I think right now is the time to expand and put new music and concepts out there. I'd be down for an improved Enigma 10-20 years down the line :vegas:

OMonster
8 minutes ago, davflz said:

For the near future I'd love ones along the lines of BTWB and Artrave, that just expand on the album and express the aesthetic and theme it revolves around.

I'd love something like you described, but just not currently. I think right now is the time to expand and put new music and concepts out there. I'd be down for an improved Enigma 10-20 years down the line :vegas:

I agree - you're totally right. She should focus on building on her legacy, not already cementing it. 

subtext / fantasy

LadariousGarage

I don't really hate enigma, I dunno why everybody does

If she does something like the BTWB again I would die :giveup:

Lets do it baby I know the Law

BeyerJ

batman-live-gotham-city-stage-01.jpg

Someone posted a photo of this on a thread like this a long time ago and I haven't been able to get it out of my mind since. Imagine a Gaga tour with a stage of this size and the city being New York City instead of Gotham :giveup:

whateveradore

Gaga probably won't do a theme tour as BTWBall again, as her records don't to that anymore (seen since ARTPOP), when she announced a Vegas residency I sorta thought she was gonna do a moment to remember (as Vegas is kinda seen as a graveyard to pop girls), maybe she would do like phases of her life and throwbacks from each era... we know very well that, it didn't happen... Thank God.

I just want a world tour so more people can have the opportunity to see her, more fan interaction, some better outfits, I don't need that much of choreography as I don't want her to be in pain ... but maybe better the moves she can already do.

Miel

I'm surprised by how much I liked the simpler, more linear direction the JWT took. No direct narrative, just themed acts and a very pointed and well-done flow.

I'd take that, but away from the slightly-minimal aesthetic that Joanne had, and make it more bombastic with visuals and outfits. While I loved the campy and oddball tour narratives from before (MB1.0+2.0, BTWB), I don't know if her team can execute something that well anymore (evident through ENIGMA, in my opinion). 

JWT and Jazz + Piano really highlighted her musicianship and charisma as a host, so maybe going in that direction is better.

3 points in and ready for more

ShockPop

I had this idea for a while now. A 360° tour with the stage being the full circumference of GA. Platforms that lift and turn at certain parts but importantly, a rotating centrestage with a piano for some parts (and a fire-lit edge) and a Mic stand and spotlight for other parts (with a floor to ceiling waterfall surrounding).

The theme is Gaga travelling through space and time for a place that will let her be free.

Joanne style cloud-screens hang down for extra interactivity.

Segments include:

1920s new York  (fly me to the moon, new York new york, jazz version of Applause)

1990s Berlin (Scheiße, Bloody Mary, GUY)

1980s London (Poker face, Just Dance, Monster)

And so forth until she visits Venus in the year 4420 and gets Gaga.

Archived