Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Lady Gaga in Uğur Gallenkuş picture

MMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Featured Posts

CharlieQuinn

A photograph of Queen Elizabeth or the Pope would’ve made their opinion stronger.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
AshIey
2 hours ago, Sistren said:

I think it means that in developed countries we just drink whatever we want or a cup of coffee anytime but they don’t even have water they need to fight for it 

(if you asked because of the Gaga relation idk)

2 hours ago, PunkTheFunk said:

The photo above shows people in India crowding around a well to get water, while the Starbucks coffee cup at the bottom represents the ease and convenience of the West (you can just stroll into a Starbucks store and get yourself a extra venti trenti frenti double mocha frappuccino ariana grande)

Thanks. I didn’t realize that was a well they were gathered around.

Guest Adarsh
4 hours ago, PunkTheFunk said:

:fail:

The photo is meant to show the contrast between the comfortable and overindulgent lifestyles we lead in the West and the horrors of war in the Middle East. On the left you have an injured Syrian boy who appears to be comforting his mother. On the right you have an extremely wealthy woman wearing  lavish jewelry, crying because she just won an award. The artist is trying to raise awareness for people affected by war and poverty who don't get nearly as much coverage as the images of wealth and extravagance we are bombarded with through social media. The fact that some of you are taking this as a personal attack on Gaga just shows that you have completely missed the point.

You can't compare the plight of people in Syria with Gaga and her family "working hard". Also, Gaga's parents were not immigrants. Not even her grandparents were immigrants :laughga:

See, I live in a third world country and I completely understand what the artist is trying to depict, we just shouldn’t shame rich people for being rich, especially when they do a lot to help the underprivileged. 

PunkTheFunk
1 hour ago, Adarsh said:

See, I live in a third world country and I completely understand what the artist is trying to depict, we just shouldn’t shame rich people for being rich, especially when they do a lot to help the underprivileged. 

I don't think the photo is shaming the rich for being rich per se. It's more trying to call out our indifference towards the horrors that are happening on the other side of the world. We are all so fixated on the glamour and extravagance of celebrities that we turn a blind eye to war and poverty. (At least, that's my interpretation).

Quartz

Gaga doesn't even represent privilege. She represents a voice that fights for the oppressed. They literally picked the worst celebrity for this contrast tsk

Inside, we are really made the same. 🕊

PunkTheFunk
5 minutes ago, Quartz said:

Gaga doesn't even represent privilege. She represents a voice that fights for the oppressed. They literally picked the worst celebrity for this contrast tsk

The two are not mutually exclusive though. Gaga is insanely privileged, but she is well aware of this and uses her wealth and fame for good.

Quartz
32 minutes ago, PunkTheFunk said:

The two are not mutually exclusive though. Gaga is insanely privileged, but she is well aware of this and uses her wealth and fame for good.

So if that were the case, is it right to put her as a contrast when both are fighting from the same side? I don't think that's logical :trollga:

James Charles would have made a better picture.

Inside, we are really made the same. 🕊

KatieJudasGaga4
9 hours ago, androiduser said:

Gaga is there because out of all the big celebs she's the one sobbing and over-acting the most.

Is she overreacting or getting emotional because she has always wanted this award since she was young and worked hard for the award? I really hate when "fans" say Gaga is getting too emotional and overreacting when she wins something. How about be happy for her instead. You would be emotional too if you worked hard for getting what you wanted since you were young.

13 hours ago, Dolores said:

OMG the fumes of some people in this thread who can't take any criticism :awkney:

The point is while gaga is crying and thanking god for her award (which she deserved)  other people are crying and thanking god because they had enough food for today to survive

And whether you like it or not that makes Gaga priviliged.

This is not an attack on gaga its just putting things in persepctive 

Because there are dozens of other celebrities that are better examples of what he is trying to say, but he went with the one that literally has a foundation to empower and help youth, that has donated tons of money everywhere, that went as far as giving talks with the effin Dalai Lama about kindness. Someone who got where she is thanks to her own hard work.

The artist shouldve used someone like the Kardashians, people that are famous just for being rich, no talent, no hard work, no interest in other people's lives. Putting Gaga in that spot tells me the artist just sees a box of (white + money = privilege = bad) and thats just wrong.

Vitleysingur
1 hour ago, KatieJudasGaga4 said:

Is she overreacting or getting emotional because she has always wanted this award since she was young and working hard for it? I really hate when "fans" say Gaga is getting too emotional and overreacting when she wins something. How about be happy for her instead. You would be emotional too if you worked hard for getting what you wanted since you were young.

I assume that some user would decline his/her future Academy Award for good. :fan:

Dreams of you and me are in the dirt.

HotLikeMexico

I think a lot of y’all are just defensive that it’s Gaga in the picture. Sure they totally could’ve picked someone else and that’s valid. But a statement was made and that was the point. You still looked at it and felt uneasy.

Perhaps they picked Gaga because the two compositions merged seemlessly like the image of the Starbucks cup with the people gathering water.

Perhaps Gaga represents excess and the celebrity because she is known worldwide especially as of recent, maybe it’s the diamond and outfit, the glorification of the media and award she’s holding. At the end of the day, it still represents what we as a 1st world country are glorifying and that was the point. Regardless of what she’s done, at the end of the day, she still is someone we as a society are looking to and putting on a pedestal along with any celebrity for that matter. 

15 hours ago, Mirages said:

Why didn't he use someone else? :awkney:

She’s wearing a 30 million dollar necklace that’s kind of the point

Mirages
7 minutes ago, Jed said:

She’s wearing a 30 million dollar necklace that’s kind of the point

You can barely see it. First of all and second of all there are other people that are far more privilidged than her and didn't have to work as much to get to where they are. I would have used someone from the Kardashians just saying...Cause this right here has a bad conotation for Gaga.

I'm the bitch that's fragile

PunkTheFunk
9 hours ago, Quartz said:

So if that were the case, is it right to put her as a contrast when both are fighting from the same side? I don't think that's logical :trollga:

See below.

6 hours ago, HotLikeMexico said:

I think a lot of y’all are just defensive that it’s Gaga in the picture. Sure they totally could’ve picked someone else and that’s valid. But a statement was made and that was the point. You still looked at it and felt uneasy.

Perhaps they picked Gaga because the two compositions merged seemlessly like the image of the Starbucks cup with the people gathering water.

Perhaps Gaga represents excess and the celebrity because she is known worldwide especially as of recent, maybe it’s the diamond and outfit, the glorification of the media and award she’s holding. At the end of the day, it still represents what we as a 1st world country are glorifying and that was the point. Regardless of what she’s done, at the end of the day, she still is someone we as a society are looking to and putting on a pedestal along with any celebrity for that matter. 

Thank you.

RAMROD

And they said there's no freedom in 'Murica, yet the country or the people always the first things used as example for Western Previlege.  

tumblr_ppoupwKG2m1r2omo6o1_250.gif

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Archived