đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Was the GP Unrightfully Shaming ARTPOP a Sign that Future Music Would...

27monster27

Featured Posts

27monster27

...Change Drastically?

In 2013, ARTPOP received a lot of unwarranted (and some unforgivable :grr:) hate. People bashed ARTPOP by falsely accusing Lady Gaga of being an attention seeker. They thought that all of the artistic references were really just for attention. Oddly enough, after the hate for ARTPOP began to die down, it seems as if music changed dramatically.

Thoughts?

he/him/his

Blastertoyo

I think a lot of people got tired of having to unpack everything and "omg everything has to have a meaning and backstory" they just wanted some basic stuff. and that's what they got.

please enlighten me to death

jprince99x

Easy, easy,
my man.

List the bad songs you speak of and then we can talk.

Let’s have some fun this beat is Sapokanikan

Bio

I love ARTPOP but the music is kind of basic for the time it was released, sorry. The only interesting and more experimental songs in there were Aura and Dope, MAYBE Venus for its campiness, but that's it. Royals was on top back then and it was fresher than anything on ARTPOP.

Vitleysingur

Well, locals in Amurika don't have taste buds. 

:crossed::crossed:

Dreams of you and me are in the dirt.

Suspiria

Ugh can people please stop this whole "pOp MuSIc iS sO BaSIc NoW!!! ReAl mUSic DiED in 2013!!!!"

People are just so blinded by their nostalgia and personal connection to music from the early 2010s. Production has arguably gotten much better, but the songwriting has stayed much the same. People are still writing about love and partying and whatever, the same way Kesha, Rihanna, Taio Cruz and all the rest were back in 2010.

27monster27
7 minutes ago, Suspiria said:

Ugh can people please stop this whole "pOp MuSIc iS sO BaSIc NoW!!! ReAl mUSic DiED in 2013!!!!"

People are just so blinded by their nostalgia and personal connection to music from the early 2010s. Production has arguably gotten much better, but the songwriting has stayed much the same. People are still writing about love and partying and whatever, the same way Kesha, Rihanna, Taio Cruz and all the rest were back in 2010.

True, but we didn't have a lot of the basic rap songs back then. (Not that all of them now are, but definitely a larger number.)

he/him/his

holy scheisse

Imo ARTPOP aged well. But when it was released she was late on the EDM train, I suppose. Granted, she also contributed to paving the way for EDM with the synth driven dance music of TF/M. And agreed with above--ppl wanted Adele, Lorde, stripped back pop at the time to cleanse the pallet.

ryansamonster

The amount of bad songs increased?? Music has been around since before either of us walked this Earth and has always been subjective.

I actually think music has become more diverse. Janelle Monae... pansexual and proud. Lizzo... big boned and proud. I don’t know, I just think it’s become more of a platform for some artists to spread their message. But also, it’s always been like that! Could it be that you’re listening to the “basic songs” and therefore it all sounds the same? 

I love ARTPOP. I don’t think it was basic at all. Like I can’t think of another modern singer with an album cover like that. It garnered a lot of unwarranted hate, yes, but if it did anything, I think it pushed artists/Gaga to try new sounds. TF/M + BTW + AP = all electronic albums at their core. 

Chromichiga

I think it’s so funny that ARTPOP is still discussed so heavily to this day. I love it.  I’ve lurked the site since 2011, got an account on that iconic July 2013 day when you we got the heavenly promo pic. 

Anyway ive truly been on the site since ARTPOP and I can’t believe it’s already been 6  years. This was and literally still is my favorite album. Everything about ARTPOP is amazing because we will never get such a mess time and music like that again and it was truly the test of the real ones in the fandom. 

Pink Tape

taste and trend always change.. maybe we're living in the rap hiphop trend era. its okay hold on tight.. pop will conquer again (let's pray it's soon)

Maleficent

ARTPOP was overproduced and dated sounding. compared to Lordes fresh sleek sound of the time, ARTPOP—minus DWUW, Aura, Dope and Applause—sounded clunky. 

Furthermore the message she tried to push with it was pretentious at best and obnoxious at worst. Why would she ever think the GP would relate to “a reverse-warholian experience”. 

The only songs that could’ve been top 10 hits were the ones i mentioned previously (and are in cases of Dope and Applause) stumbled bc of poor management. 

RochestrMonstr
3 minutes ago, Maleficent said:

—minus DWUW, Aura

You don’t think Aura is clunky? I’ve always thought of that as one of the biggest messes on the album 

(I still love it though).

Archived