Stefani Tee
Sign in to follow this  
economy

Amazon Offers $10,000 To Quit And Start Business

Featured Posts

Economy

https://www.bnnbloomberg.ca/amazon-to-employees-we-ll-pay-you-to-quit-and-haul-packages-1.1257873

Amazon is looking for ways to quickly expand its shipping services which is always under high demand

They are offering employees the chance to quit to start their own business in shipping and Amazon would contribute up to $10,000 in startup costs

There is a limit to number of employees who can be selected of course.

One of the conditions to receive the $10,000 package for the business startup is that the shipping is done in partnership with Amazon and no one else

Edited by Economy
  • Shook 4

Economy

Whatch some of these companies grow to multi million dollar shipping businesses but because of a $10,000 aid in the Beggining Amazon contractually will get to dominate and monopolize the shipping business :air:

• Like 2
  • Shook 2
  • Sad 1

LordEnigma
20 minutes ago, uo111 said:

$10,000 is literally nothing :’)

It's a cool concept though :messga:

But I agree - it could definitely be more since this will benefit them If things go right. And I'm sure this is a loan...

Edited by Alexander Levi

the Devil of Pop

You can't be an independent business if you only have a single client. Then, by definition, you are dependent on your client and therefore should be considered an employee.  That's why Amazon screws these "BIZNESS OANERS!!" over with goofy promises of "FREEDUMB!! OAN UR OWN BIZNISS! NO BAUS!" If you do all of your business for a single company, in my opinion, you should be legally considered an employee of that company and it is that company's obligation to take care of its employees. This deal offers no advantage to the "business" "owners" and only voids Amazon of all responsibility to their employees, by making them not-employees but "business" "owners" who aren't even free to pursue other clients. What a scam. Classic "freelance" trap.  

How can I protect something so perfect without evil?
  • Like 3

JusKeepBreathin

I did shipping for Amazon once and only once. I ended up in a neighborhood that I wouldn't drive into willingly. Taking it to an apartment which I can only describe as terrifying not a minute after I delivered the package which required a signature two cop cars pulled up to the same building. It was litterally the projects. The amount of packages they give you to deliver vs. the time is not enough.  I found myself speeding. You have to organize the packages in your car which is time consuming at the start of your drive. You have to call them if there is a problem with delivery, which is time consuming. Some places don't have a safe place to park your car or company vehicle. Which can be nerve racking. I thought this would be a great business for me because I have my own money to invest. I decided against it. 

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.
  • Like 2
  • Shook 1

Economy
40 minutes ago, uo111 said:

$10,000 is literally nothing :’)

20 minutes ago, Alexander Levi said:

It's a cool concept though :messga:

But I agree - it could definitely be more since this will benefit them If things go right. And I'm sure this is a loan...

If it's a loan it's kinda poor cuz like... Then might as well just go to a bank and that way im not stuck on a contract with you :shrug:

But if it's given... That's not terrible actually. I can help pay for like 20% of a van is need to deliver stuff. Free money is free money :shrug:

Also in sure they only need so many partnerships. If they offered much more they would have way more employees interested than they actually need :shrug:

Economy
19 minutes ago, Satans Ex Wife said:

You can't be an independent business if you only have a single client. Then, by definition, you are dependent on your client and therefore should be considered an employee.  That's why Amazon screws these "BIZNESS OANERS!!" over with goofy promises of "FREEDUMB!! OAN UR OWN BIZNISS! NO BAUS!" If you do all of your business for a single company, in my opinion, you should be legally considered an employee of that company and it is that company's obligation to take care of its employees. This deal offers no advantage to the "business" "owners" and only voids Amazon of all responsibility to their employees, by making them not-employees but "business" "owners" who aren't even free to pursue other clients. What a scam. Classic "freelance" trap.  

I also agree... Especially if the contract of having to work with them is for a long time or even forever

If i was gonna start my business like that... Might be better off getting the loan from the bank cuz then at least we can do business with whoever we want without restrictions

And banks are still among the most trustworthy Corporations there are even tho I know there's a lot of hate for them

Banks just wanna make their interest and collect their payments back. They don't generally go out of their way to try to screw over their customers

• Like 1

CrazyMonster

I worked for Amazon for a whole month last year and it was awful. I hate them.

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá
  • Sad 1

Economy
51 minutes ago, CrazyMonster said:

I hate my job too sis

Cheers :vegas:

• LMAO 1

uo111
1 hour ago, Economy said:

If it's a loan it's kinda poor cuz like... Then might as well just go to a bank and that way im not stuck on a contract with you :shrug:

But if it's given... That's not terrible actually. I can help pay for like 20% of a van is need to deliver stuff. Free money is free money :shrug:

Also in sure they only need so many partnerships. If they offered much more they would have way more employees interested than they actually need :shrug:

But it's not free. For what they are asking for, it's an insult.

• Thanks 1

Economy
3 hours ago, Haroon said:

@Economy please link the source in the OP :omg:

Im trying to but the friggen copy and paste isn't working

The base website is:

bnnbloomberg.ca

But I can't embed it :saladga:

BOMSHELL
6 hours ago, Satans Ex Wife said:

Respect my small business or gtfo

Don’t let my herbalife shakes hit you on the way out :pole:

Care for some Avon merch before you go? I’ll give you my huge discount :hor:

Edited by BOMSHELL

SissyFromSpace
6 hours ago, CrazyMonster said:

I was trying to apply there a few months ago 

Barbie elitist - Weaboo - Sissy