POP2
1 hour ago, Faysalaaa said:

how is America a democracy?

It’s not. It’s a republic. 

Marilyn MonHoe

I’m glad that you finally saw the light sis :hug:

uo111
2 hours ago, FATCAT said:

He's going to crush his chances of winning the primary if he's against the #1 democratic talking point for 2020.

Thank god. If he wins the primary trump will win the white house.

• Like 5

OG Gaga Stan

So, in one day, he's come out against a Green New Deal, the only real hope we have of saving the planet from catastrophic climate disaster, and he's sh*t on one of the most popular policy proposals in the country that would ensure that the average American doesn't have to die simply because they can't afford medical treatments they need to survive. 

Imagine sticking with the "moderate" wing of the party. Imagine voting for conservative clowns like this. 

EDIT:

For emphasis:

:interestinga:

Edited by OG Gaga Stan
  • Thanks 2

Lion Heart

I'm tired of this 'Biden coronation" pushed by the mainstream media. And I'm also about the apology tour that basically goes like this: "I'm sorry about the Crime Bill I wrote that backfired, it was a mistake but at the same it wasn't. I'm also sorry for the Anita Hill thing, but she needs to get over it. I'm also sorry for opposing Medicare for all, but at the same time I'm not." And it's going to be like this for the next year and a half. And I'm already tired of it. 

• Thanks 1

JusKeepBreathin

I kinda think that video was edited weird. It was jumpy. But if he doesn't support it his campaign is a joke. 

He isn't my choice in the primaries. I really like Warren and after her Mayor Pete and Kamila.

God, I would like to see any combination of them together on a ticket. 

But I will vote for whoever is running against Trump.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

PunkTheFunk

He's worse than Hillary...

#Marianne2020
  • Like 1

Adakam
2 hours ago, Vroom Vroom said:

His base will vote.

Thats the only part that matters, if every democrat in the US would get up their lazy asses and went to vote, the whole GOP would be history. 

Also I hope that we dont have any delusional democrats that want a fantasy world, that go out and vote 3rd party. (On Florida, Trump's lead over Hillary was less than the votes Johnson got, let that sink in).

He is not invincible, the only advantage he has is that his voters arent lazy assholes or go 3rd party or write in Bernie like atomic idiots.

• Like 1
  • LMAO 1

Fresco

Back when the ACA Obamacare was passed, this was one of the arguments. Many of the large companies like providing health insurance to employees as benefits because it is a tax deductible expense and it helped to lock the employee in with that company for  awhile. Small companies struggle with this. 

The other argument that people really heard was when some of the doctors said that they would have to close their practice, because Medicare rates were less than what they could charge on corporate insurance plans.  When people heard that their doctors could stop doctoring, they got worried and backed off into the ACA, without the Medicare option.

I'm a little worried that the Medicare payments to doctors are too low. If everyone is on medicare and the rates are too low, then the premiums could be raised for everyone, even the elderly that can't afford to pay more. That might just push them into Medicaid sooner. Medicare does have monthly premiums and those are paid by the person to the government, like another tax (anyone see a problem with that tax for all). Medicare is not free insurance. 

There hasn't been as much pushback from the medical industry yet. But just wait and see. This industry has lobbyists and will get their message out when the time comes. 

Edited by Sky Juil

Born To Slay

1. They wouldn’t be off the hook, most M4A proposals propose a payroll tax of about 8% on employers. So bullshit. 

2. Profit? He’s concerned about profit. It should be abolished from American health insurance in most cases. 

ShockPop

America is so strange.

They'll give you a gun to get shot with but you will wish you were dead when you see the cost of care to stay alive. Madness.

There are 128M working adults in America working full time. If they use the UK system and take 5% as mandatory taxation to cover medical costs, more people will be well enough to work and paying into the system. 

Anyone who doesn't see this is insane.