Gaga Daily Youtube
lgbt

Brunei not to stone homosexuals

Featured Posts

WarriorPhoenix

I have no idea how we missed this, I see NO threads on it :messga:

Brunei will not enforce the death penalty for those convicted of having gay sex following a global backlash against the country led by international human rights groups and celebrities.

Sultan Hassanal Bolkiah, who acts as the country's Prime Minister, extended a moratorium on the death penalty to legislation prohibiting gay sex, following calls from celebrities such as George Clooney for tourists to boycott his country's string of luxury hotels. The small South-East Asian nation sparked an outcry when it rolled out its interpretation of Islamic laws, or sharia, on April 3, punishing sodomy, adultery and rape with death, including by stoning.

Brunei has consistently defended its right to implement the laws, elements of which were first adopted in 2014 and which have been rolled out in phases since then. However, in a rare response to criticism aimed at the oil-rich state, the sultan said the death penalty would not be imposed in the implementation of the Syariah Penal Code Order (SPCO). 

"I am aware that there are many questions and misperceptions with regard to the implementation of the SPCO. However, we believe that once these have been cleared the merit of the law will be evident," the sultan said in a speech ahead of the start of the Islamic holy month of Ramadan.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-05-06/brunei-says-it-wont-enforce-gay-death-penalty-after-backlash/11082032

gaga ♡ taylor ♡ nicki ♡ ari ♡ paloma ♡ adele ♡ billie ♡ bowie ♡ madonna ♡ katy ♡ britney
  • Like 10

PinkPop
Posted (edited)

Sultan Hassanal Bolkiah, oh you only taking it back now because you're worried about your trillions of dollars because people are boycotting your hotels?

You sad sad evil little man.

Edited by PinkPop
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 3

dynamite
Posted (edited)

Horrible ****ing **** of a man

Edited by dynamite
  • Like 7

WarriorPhoenix
Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Zander said:

A moratorium is only temporary though...

We need to be thankful for any time at all tbh

Hopefully it'll give a chance for some of the gays to get OUT of there

Edited by WarriorPhoenix
gaga ♡ taylor ♡ nicki ♡ ari ♡ paloma ♡ adele ♡ billie ♡ bowie ♡ madonna ♡ katy ♡ britney
  • Like 5

neptugne

well! still super trashy but let's kind of celebrate that! hopefully more backlash over further human rights violations occur

• Like 4

Reginald

Excellent.

I wish the motivation was from a moral, ethical standing, not financial. Lives will be spared, regardless, though. That's what really matters.

Marry The Night
  • Like 2

SHALLOW
Posted (edited)

Impressive tbh. Hate usually prevails in these cases no matter the cost

Edited by SHALLOW
Don't you know my a$$ is famous?
  • Like 2

Enigma

I can’t believe it’s being put in the same category as rape and now he must think we’re defending that too. Stone rapists all you want but leave us the **** alone 

• Like 2

Delusional Aura
27 minutes ago, PinkPop said:

Sultan Hassanal Bolkiah, oh you only taking it back now because you're worried about your trillions of dollars because people are boycotting your hotels?

You sad sad evil little man.

It's amazing to see how they hide their homophobia under the guise of religion but as soon as their money is threatened, religion is out the door. These are the type of people who are the walking devils themselves. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

uo111
3 minutes ago, Enigma said:

I can’t believe it’s being put in the same category as rape and now he must think we’re defending that too. Stone rapists all you want but leave us the **** alone 

Well, they won't stone the rapist. They will stone the women who were raped for "tempting the rapist."

That is how these things always go.

• Like 2
  • Shook 2

Enigma
Just now, uo111 said:

Well, they won't stone the rapist. They will stone the women who were raped for "tempting the rapist."

That is how these things always go.

Oh my ****ing god, trash

forget what I said :fail:

• Like 3

ctherainbow

Great.  So now outrage from anyone outside the queer community will die down, and they can quietly reinstate the law, and people will die before it leaks that it’s happening again.

I'm talkin' 'bout forever, baby.
  • Like 1

geopang

And? Doesn’t change that sharia law and Brunei itself are homophobic