Gaga Daily Youtube
society

The USA's Attack on Women

Featured Posts

Faysalaaa
2 minutes ago, ItsTommyBitch said:

1) The fetus isn't a "person" until its literally born, no one argues that something is not being killed essentially. 
But you've phrased it like this to be ambiguous on purpose, it sounds like you're suggesting pro-choice people believe a baby can be born, then killed, like essentially a full term pregnancy then murder :rip:  

But also, it is an attack on women, because women have control over their own bodies and that includes their pregnancies - being pregnant is something that primarily affects the woman, who is already living breathing with a life, rights, etc. It is an attack on women because it would be the law telling women that they should not have full say over what happens with their bodies, and that they know more than every individual woman;  that essentially an unborn fetus's rights are more important than theirs. It's an attack on women's rights to their own bodies, a right every person deserves to have full stop. Even if you believe life starts at conception and the fetus is a "baby" from the beginning, or at some arbitrary point in its development like when it has a heartbeat or w.e makes people most emotionally invested, being pro-life in the sense that you think women shouldn't be able to have an abortion is admitting you think the rights of that potential life > the woman's current existence. Many pro-choice people are against "killing a living being" as well, that's not the point.

I did not phrase it that way to be ambiguous! English is not my first language so I dont know why you think what I said ambiguous and I dont understand your explanation of it. I was not talking about born babies, im talking about babies inside the womb being aborted after the 4th or 5th month.

Women do have control over their own bodies and should be allowed to abort a fetus but they dont believe its a fetus. Im not defending what they are saying, im simply saying attack them on what they actually believe instead of saying they are against women because they are not. If you continue saying that, no change will happen because you are assuming bad intentions based on a straw man.

Marilyn MonHoe
7 hours ago, Whispering said:

George Carlin’s words still ring true:

"Boy, these conservatives are really something, aren't they? They're all in favor of the unborn. They will do anything for the unborn. But once you're born, you're on your own. Pro-life conservatives are obsessed with the fetus from conception to nine months. After that, they don't want to know about you. They don't want to hear from you. No nothing. No neonatal care, no day care, no Head Start, no school lunch, no food stamps, no welfare, no nothing. If you're preborn, you're fine; if you're preschool, you're f**ked."

And on top of that pro life conservatives are for the death penalty... thereby showing that they aren’t actually pro life :toofunny:

• Like 1

Economy
On 5/9/2019 at 12:20 PM, Faysalaaa said:

Its not an attack on women because people who are pro life dont see it that way and have a different definition. You see it as an attack on women because you believe whats in the womb is a fetus while pro life view it as a living being. They are against killing a living being, not against women. Yes they are wrong but you need to understand their position so you can change their mind or atleast change the law.

Pro choice people are also wrong as they still believe in abortion even after the fetus is a living being which is after 16 weeks.

I've tried to explain this many times before. As a moderate I see both conservatives and Liberals and tbh Liberals are just as bad as Conservatives when it comes to wanting everyone else to accept their standard and thinking they are right all the time and not wanting to try to understand others points of view tbh

I also personally don't like the idea of abortion especially once the fetus is developed enough to feel

That being said these punishments the states are creating are insane and rediculous. I think it's beyond extreme to put it on the same level as murder of a born fully conscious person

In the sense of punishing the decision... I think it's still an attack on women especially so early in the pregnancy when it's so controversial and there's no clear consensus on what the right thing is

• Like 1

ladylinners

Abortions are not going to stop because the law says they are illegal. What will happen is that more women are going to turn to unsafe abortion alternatives, and in doing so they will risk their own lives.

WHO estimated that between 2010-2014, 56 million (safe and unsafe) abortions took place world wide each year. Circa 25 million of those yearly abortions were unsafe. 4.7% to 13.2% of those yearly unsafe abortions saw those women die following complications to that unsafe abortion.

In developing countries 7 million women are admitted to hospitals in developing countries as a result of an unsafe abortion. And the annual cost of treating major complications due to unsafe abortions is estimated at US$ 553 million.  Source: WHO

All women should have the right to their own body. This is part of our human rights. Universal Declaration of Human Rights

Before 22 weeks a fetus is not "viable" outside the womb. Before the ninth week there isn't any fetal development. It is literally just a bunch of cells. A bunch of cells, or a fetus who cannot live on its own should not have rights that prohibits the right of a living breathing female. You do not know the circumstances of how that female got pregnant, her social status, her living situation, her prospects, or her state of mind. Abortions happen because females were raped, they do not have the capability to take care of a child, or other reasons that are important to that living breathing female. 

I don't buy the "you should give your baby up for adoption speech". For me personally, the thought of losing control of my own body is horrifying. Furthermore, on any given day there are nealy 443,000 children in foster care in the U.S. More than 69,000 of them are available for adoption. Source

UNICEF estimated that 153 million children worldwide are orphans. Source

It is also estimated that 29,000 children under the age of five (21 children per minute) die every single day, mainly from preventable causes.  Source

Do you care more for a fetus that cannot live and breath on its own, than the millions of women who die every year or are hospitalised because of unsafe abortions? Or the millions of children that are available to adopt worldwide? Or the thousands of children who die every day because we care less about the children already living than the ones who are still just cells without any viable prospects?  

Every one should have the right to their own body. Not just 50% of the population. 

• YAAAS 1
  • Thanks 1