Gaga Daily Youtube
science

Generic PrEP to be available in 2020

Featured Posts

Morphine Prince

The price of the generic drug will be lower and will be more accessible. 

For the debt I owe, gotta sell my soul, 'Cause I can't say no, no, I can't say no
  • YAAAS 7
  • Thanks 2

geopang

Good, but we also need to discuss safe sex regardless. Because so many people on PrEP think it’s okay to have reckless sex just because they’re on the pill. Mind you, this pill only protects against HIV, not other STDs, and some have managed to contract HIV anyway because they did not adhere to the medication correctly.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 4

TimisaMonster
16 minutes ago, geopang said:

Good, but we also need to discuss safe sex regardless. Because so many people on PrEP think it’s okay to have reckless sex just because they’re on the pill. Mind you, this pill only protects against HIV, not other STDs, and some have managed to contract HIV anyway because they did not adhere to the medication correctly.

This this this! It's sad cuz it makes the LGBT community look dumb like the only STD that exists is HIV and I'd like to think gay people arent that dumb but...:bradley:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

Schizophonic

first of all, this is great! this is milestones away from a whole generation of people dying from aids in the 80ies and 90ies. this is the only way we can make sure some day no one has to panic anymore.

and yes, other stds are a fact we have to focus on next but that should not stop us from realizing what a big step this is for all of us.

and about the "medication correctly"  - there are people literally dying from taking too much painkillers. there will be always faillure, dont blame the medicine for people not reading the papers.

LateToCult

That “doctor” is gonna log on again to tell us not to use any type of protection when we’re on the pill.  :ladyhaha:

• LMAO 1

Reginald
Posted (edited)

Oh my GOD this is wonderful news!!! 

I've read stories of homophobic healthcare providers and doctors in certain areas being very iffy about prep, so any actions that make it more accessible are a good thing  :tony:

Edited by Reginald
Marry The Night

Adakam
43 minutes ago, geopang said:

This so much, theres a lot of misinformation, one guy here in GGD literally told me that the prep is 100% effective and that theres no way someone would get HIV while on prep.

• Like 1

pedrohemg
Posted (edited)

Prep is for promiscuos gays. I'd never have sex with a man that uses this medication.

Edited by pedrohemg
  • Thanks 1

gabeoz
4 minutes ago, pedrohemg said:

Prep is for promiscuos gays. I'd never have sex with a man that uses this medication.

Cool... I have it and get regularly tested. :vegas:

• Like 1

Illuminati Freak
26 minutes ago, pedrohemg said:

You sound ignorant as f*ck. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

imnotyourbabe10
Posted (edited)

Thank goodness.  I've been on it and it's such peace of mind, paired with regular testing and safety precautions -- however, when someone leaves a job or loses insurance, this important medication is thousands of dollars! :ohno:

Side note: I'm not slut shaming but there are problems with promiscuity within the gay male community -- or at least how we objectify one another as sexual as opposed to sensual beings.  It's more ****ographic rather than erotic/sensitive/communicative and, to me, that is kind of sad.  There's less philosophy about how we can benevolently deconstruct sexuality these days.  Too much social conditioning to the dating apps and quick fixes.

Anyway, happy for PrEP's presence, regardless!

Edited by imnotyourbabe10
  • Like 2

gabeoz
1 minute ago, imnotyourbabe10 said:

Thank goodness.  I've been on it and it's such peace of mind, paired with regular testing and safety precautions -- however, when someone leaves a job or loses insurance, this important medication is thousands of dollars! :ohno:

Side note: I'm not slut shaming but there are problems with promiscuity within the gay male community -- or at least how we objectify one another as sexual as opposed to sensual beings.  It's more ****ographic rather than erotic/sensitive/communicative and, to me, that is kind of sad.  Less humanism these days.  Anyway, happy for PrEP's presence, regardless!

This.  My job provides my health insurance which allows me to get PrEP. I'm quitting in a couple months and moving across the state (maybe even across the countr). Once I quit I'll lose all my coverage, so this makes me really happy that a generic version is coming. 

• Like 1

imnotyourbabe10
1 minute ago, gabeoz said:

This.  My job provides my health insurance which allows me to get PrEP. I'm quitting in a couple months and moving across the state (maybe even across the countr). Once I quit I'll lose all my coverage, so this makes me really happy that a generic version is coming.  

Right there with you, friend! One reason I'm petrified of leaving my job is that I will lose those benefits, too.  While I take precautions and engage in safer sex practices, PrEP still provides that extra layer of peace of mind and allows me to not stigmatize who I date (not that I typically would) -- my ex was positive and undetectable (which is virtually non-transmittable) but nonetheless, PrEP is great leverage for both parties.

Sugar Baby

is this worldwide? or just the USA cause my flop country Mexico still doesnt have PrEP and this would be wonderful news

gabeoz
Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, imnotyourbabe10 said:

Right there with you, friend! One reason I'm petrified of leaving my job is that I will lose those benefits, too.  While I take precautions and engage in safer sex practices, PrEP still provides that extra layer of peace of mind and allows me to not stigmatize who I date (not that I typically would) -- my ex was positive and undetectable (which is virtually non-transmittable) but nonetheless, PrEP is great leverage for both parties.

Yeah, it's honestly the only reason why I haven't quit my job yet. I work for a tax software company, during tax season (Literally up until like 2 weeks ago) I was working 60+ hour weeks which severely effected my mental and physical health (I was in the hospital at one point) and the only reason why I put myself through that hell was for the health coverage for PrEP. 

Edited by gabeoz