Stefani Tee
Sign in to follow this  
politics

Signs point to Trump win in 2020

Featured Posts

Eighteen
20 minutes ago, PartySick said:

A lot of Trump voters said they'd consider voting for Biden too.

I mean, what's Trump going to do? Run his entire anti-Biden campaign with the motto that "I'll go straight for your p*ssy, no creepy shoulder touching here!"?

:ohwell:

i wouldn't be surprised if some trump supporters switch to bernie too, if he's nominated. i personally don't really like biden, but i'm definitely voting for him if he wins the nomination. 

• Like 1

rumours
9 minutes ago, RoverLoader said:

I also don't think another old white man should be president

Look, I certainly wouldn’t classify myself as a progressive (could never vote for someone like Warren or Bernie for example)... but can someone please explain to me this logic? I keep seeing this “we shouldn’t have another old white guy as president” being parroted by tons of progressives, and I really don’t see why that should be a factor. Isn’t it in your best interests to vote for the candidate who most aligns with your values, no matter the person’s age, skin color, sexuality, gender, etc?

Married to @Mikołaj (#nohoemoahbruh)
  • Thanks 3

RoverLoader
4 minutes ago, rumours said:

Look, I certainly wouldn’t classify myself as a progressive (could never vote for someone like Warren or Bernie for example)... but can someone please explain to me this logic? I keep seeing this “we shouldn’t have another old white guy as president” being parroted by tons of progressives, and I really don’t see why that should be a factor. Isn’t it in your best interests to vote for the candidate who most aligns with your values, no matter the person’s age, skin color, sexuality, gender, etc?

I concede your point, I do. But personally, I think it is in the USA's best interests to elect someone a bit more in tune with the majority of the population. The United States is a melting pot of different cultures, races, backgrounds and ethnicities. I feel the leader should reflect that. If someone who was a 65 year old white guy came along and there was no one better, then I don't have an issue with it. But the fact is, there Should be someone better. 330 million people and these are our choices? I am uninspired with the current lineup and am worried that Trump will steamroll into a second term.

Eighteen

PS i read that someone wrote presidents don't affect the individual, and i have to say that that might feel true, but it actually isn't. for instance, if you're applying for university and want financial aid from the government, you might not get it because of cuts to education (idk). also trump did put a pin in kim jong un temporarily (and despite how controversial or ill handled it might have been), as one of the states closest to NK, i did feel a little bit better without a nuclear threat being hurled out every other day. 

i could go into more detail about the terrible policies the trump admin. has carried out, but a lot of them are typical republican stuff that would have been put out by any republican tbh (except perhaps immigration). 

the most disturbing thing trump is doing by far is the assault on our democracy as a whole. nobody feels it now but the pieces are there and as time goes on i see them slowly coming together. i see politicians who are usually undramatic and never dabbling in histrionics also voicing their concerns about it, which is worrying to me. we don't feel it, but things can flip on a dime when the pieces are aligned just right i think, and they have been coming together bit by bit for some time, the latest piece being russian interference pretty much being deemed an ok thing to do by the chief executive. 

the test will be the 2020 election. i personally see a valid point when nancy pelosi said that the democratic victory (if there is one) must be decisive and large, or else the results will be contested by donald trump. i also read in the mueller report (i think it was there) that the russians might be planning to sow discord post election in an effort to contest the results. worst case scenario, it's in that moment in 2020, with foreign interference, a president contesting results, that the transition of power will be put in jeopardy, and everybody's going to start feeling the effects of the presidency, since i don't think the markets will take lightly to that. and not to forget that US democracy will have been brought down pretty much by the ignorance of the people. 

• Like 1

OG Gaga Stan
17 minutes ago, rumours said:

Look, I certainly wouldn’t classify myself as a progressive (could never vote for someone like Warren or Bernie for example)

I'd really love to know why (Not intended to be snarky or condescending; I'd genuinely like to know). Internationally, those two are moderates, at best. The idea that they're leftist extremists is a lie we tell ourselves because we live in the most conservative country in the industrialized world. They're advocating for common sense legislation aimed at lifting up marginalized people via healthcare, increased voting rights, universal child care... all things every other industrialized country already has. All they're doing is trying to bring the US up to the point where the rest of the world already is, and maybe save us from climate disaster in the process.

18 minutes ago, rumours said:

Isn’t it in your best interests to vote for the candidate who most aligns with your values, no matter the person’s age, skin color, sexuality, gender, etc?

To every reasonable person on earth, yes. You're correct.

• Like 1

ode
Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, rumours said:

having a candidate of color on the ticket makes sense even on a political level, given the demographics of the democratic party and, increasingly, its base.

a candidate who understands the experience of being disenfranchised makes sense on a more important level.

not accepting another election cycle of pretending like the all white / male ticket (yet again) is accidental is also important. that history is not accidental. at a certain point, you have to demand representation and make it happen. inclusion rider.

Edited by ode
yala

Candy Gaga

Tbh I'm not American and I want him to win. I went to the beautiful beautiful Europe and Paris and it changed  to Eurostan in the last few years :omg: 

He's saving America tbh as a person who went to a lot of places from what I can see.

• Sad 6

Popo
1 hour ago, Married the Night said:

Several reasons!

The dems have too many people and it’s hard to pick anyone to rally around. 

Then you have the Bernie or bust people that won’t vote for anyone else if he doesn’t get the nomination.

Also the fact that Trump hasn’t done a terrible job. Yes, I hate him. But where is his big blunder? We expected this to be a disaster but he has done everything he promised his supporters he’d do even though I don’t agree with his policies.

All he needs is to keep his base from the last election and he will do that. They love him even more now  

There is no way he is losing. 

he's underwater in the swing states where he won by small margins, independents who disliked both hillary and trump went largely for trump in '16. People who voted for him chose the insurgent candidate with no voting record over a  career politician, they were willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.  A recent poll conducted by Washington Post showed 55% of respondents definitely NOT voting for trump.

He's doubling down on his policies only to appeal to his base and not doing much to reach out to and convince the skeptics to vote for him. This is reflected in his weighted approval rating where it has fluctuated around the low 40's. Under similar economic conditions, past presidents have been enjoying high approval ratings but trump struggles to inch into the mid-40's, you can only imagine how bad his approval will tank if the economy tanks. 

rumours
38 minutes ago, ode said:

having a candidate of color on the ticket makes sense even on a political level, given the demographics of the democratic party and, increasingly, its base.

a candidate who understands the experience of being disenfranchised makes sense on a more important level.

not accepting another election cycle of pretending like the all white / male ticket (yet again) is accidental is also important. that history is not accidental. at a certain point, you have to demand representation and make it happen. inclusion rider.

Good points, and I certainly see where you are coming from in terms of the importance of representation.

Now here’s an interesting thought experiment: Are you willing to potentially accept worse political proposals and societal outcomes in exchange for demanding said representation? For example, say Bernie’s policy regarding “X” is better for the American people than Cory Booker’s or Kamala Harris’. 

Married to @Mikołaj (#nohoemoahbruh)
  • Like 1

ode
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, rumours said:

Good points, and I certainly see where you are coming from in terms of the importance of representation.

Now here’s an interesting thought experiment: Are you willing to potentially accept worse political proposals and societal outcomes in exchange for demanding said representation? For example, say Bernie’s policy regarding “X” is better for the American people than Cory Booker’s or Kamala Harris’. 

I'm voting for Warren, but I am also a single issue voter in many ways (election reform/getting money out of politics/corruption is my single issue), so the range of candidates I even had to choose from was narrowed down considerably (only O'Rourke, Sanders, and Warren have sworn off big money donations.) 

So, no, I don't put identity over politics for a president. But I understand why some people do. I think the biggest identity voters are white republicans, though.

Edited by ode
yala
  • Like 1

Faysalaaa
Posted (edited)

Trump 2020 win will benefit the Media, Corporations, The Rich, Democrats, The Military industrial complex, Wall street..

These people would rather have Trump as a president over a progressive who represents the majority of people on all sides.  If they cant cheat progressives, they will make sure Trump wins.

We should be anti the system that brought us Trump instead of being anti Trump. Trump Is A Symptom Of A Larger Problem. If you fight Trump, you will still get Trump in 2020 and you are just playing into the system.

Edited by Faysalaaa

Born To Slay

I mean, if they insist on nominating a corporate shill, then I won’t be shocked. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Guillaume Hamon
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, ode said:

Sadly it's not because some candidates know how it feels that they will necessarily feel like doing something for others who deal with it. :/ 

So far I would think Warren will do more for POC people than Harris for example.

Edited by Guillaume Hamon
  • Thanks 1