politics

Signs point to Trump win in 2020

Featured Posts

PunkTheFunk

The Pete hate in this thread I- :interestinga:

#Marianne2020

Married the Night
8 hours ago, RoverLoader said:

Why do you think this by the way? No shade, I'm genuinely  curious. Anything can happen.

Several reasons!

The dems have too many people and it’s hard to pick anyone to rally around. 

Then you have the Bernie or bust people that won’t vote for anyone else if he doesn’t get the nomination.

Also the fact that Trump hasn’t done a terrible job. Yes, I hate him. But where is his big blunder? We expected this to be a disaster but he has done everything he promised his supporters he’d do even though I don’t agree with his policies.

All he needs is to keep his base from the last election and he will do that. They love him even more now  

There is no way he is losing. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Reginald
Posted (edited)

What's super concerning is how hellbent on repeating 2016 the Democratic establishment  is. They're pushing  Biden hard to be the candidate,  already. 100% repeating the mistakes of last election cycle by shutting out progressives. 

The Democrats in power seem so intent on keeping control that they would rather have four more years of Trump than give an ounce of power in their own party to a Democrat who isn't a centrist. 

We *have* to stay united against Trump, you guys. You can say that his power is limited, it's SUPPOSED  to be. If you haven't  been paying attention  to the news, though, Trump *regularly* steps well beyond the bounds of Presidential power and NONE of the other politicians in office are stopping him. 

Further, look at how much dissent his words and actions have caused in a global scale in just a few years. 

The Far Right and White Terrorists have regained influence

Women's reproductive rights, an issue formally closed on a federal level 60 years ago, is going to be challened by the Supreme Court again - a few states have recently passed legislation stopping ALL abortions after a heartbeat is detected, no exceptions at all - including cases like a recent one in Ohio where an 11 year old girl was r*ped by a 26 year old man. 

Because she lives in Ohio, she is legally required to deliver and raise that r*pe baby (unless she goes out of state to get an abortion)-- an 11 year old child 

LGBTQ people are probably going to lose federal protection from employers

Healthcare providers can discriminate based on their religious beliefs

Trans individuals are banned from the military 

Among dozens of other total reversals of policies, pushing us back to a 20th Century starting ground for our rights :grr:

Y'all don't sit around and let this man take away our lives because he WILL

If we let him take away rights from everyone else, who's gonna stick up for us once one of the few rights that gays actually have (marriage) is challenged by the Supreme Court????

:tea:

Edited by Reginald
nihilist blues
  • Love 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

Natural Gas

I feel like the world is on its way to be ruled by nazis (or right wing people idc yall the same to me) 

can it please stop I start to feel more and more threatened than usual :madge:

I'm blind Blonde
  • Thanks 1

GAGAVENUS
1 minute ago, Natural Gas said:

I feel like the world is on its way to be ruled by nazis (or right wing people idc yall the same to me) 

fortunately, there is a new surge of powerful and strong, progressive leaders that really connect with all types of voters. I really think that they are the future of this country, and hopefully, this is just a really bad bump in the road that we can overcome.

• Sad 1

Eighteen
10 minutes ago, Reginald said:

What's super concerning is how hellbent on repeating 2016 the Democratic establishment  is. They're pushing  Biden hard to be the candidate,  already. 100% repeating the mistakes of last election cycle by shutting out progressives. 

i think the establishment favors biden too. but so do a lot of democratic voters. before biden even announced he was running, polls put him ahead of bernie sanders. we progressives forget that we might not be in the majority when it comes to the backing of progressive candidates, and that a familiar establishment face like biden resonates with a lot of people who are mostly older (in other words, while people might be progressive theoretically, in practice, a lot of people like biden). 

both in 2016 and now, i know people who were for both hillary and biden from the get-go. and that is their right to do so. the thing is, if biden wins the nomination, i think there's a 50/50 chance that progressives will drive themselves off a cliff again like they did in 2016. for instance, i still see today (even after everything that's happened), i still see progressives who refuse to believe that hillary would have been better than trump and still justify their protest vote or staying home. that being said, i don't think that attitude will change if bernie loses the nomination. 

PartySick
9 hours ago, Maleficent said:

have you all starved to death under a trump presidency? have lotuses descended upon your crops and ruined the harvest? have all the water ways been poisoned? 

Not all of us but some have. Children have died from neglect in detention centers or been victims of assault. People in Flint and other cities still can't drink their water. The wealth gap got exponentially larger as Trump's toxic economic policies continue to pool more and more of our country's money into the top 1% of people, effectively starving the lower class.

9 hours ago, Maleficent said:

a trump presidency has its issues (just as every presidency before it—George Bush was definitely worse for the economy than Trumps was, and Obama’s foreign policy in the middle east was a disaster).

Obama didn't fully succeed in making friends with our enemies but Trump has succeeded in making enemies out of our friends.

Trump is on a path to be at least as bad as Bush. Bush turned a 100 billion dollar surplus into a 1.2 trillion dollar defecit. Obama got it down to 400 billion. Trump's got it back up to 900 billion. That's 500 billion in two years, a trillion in one term, two trillion in two terms.

This isn't a joke. Trump has been a complete disaster and he's just halfway through his first term. People HAVE died. More will die. Even more will have the quality of their lives destroyed.

We cannot let him have a second term.

#KeepAmericaGreatAgain 🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸
  • Like 3

Morphine Prince
6 hours ago, Whispering said:

The last President before the joke of one we have now made sure that you would be covered on your parents insurance until you were 26 years old. That alone will directly impact your life in the coming years.

The current President doesn’t care if that coverage is stripped away. You will be left without health insurance the day you turn 18. 

Presidents DO impact our lives as individuals. 

THIS. 

I am younger than 26 and have been dealing with an esophagus health issue for the past year and I would not be able to afford a good insurance without being on my parents plan. I would probably be in thousands in debt if it wasn’t for the ACA right now. 

So yes, Obama being president did affect my life regardless of if I liked him or not. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

RoverLoader
41 minutes ago, Married the Night said:

Then you have the Bernie or bust people that won’t vote for anyone else if he doesn’t get the nomination. 

This is a big issue. Some people need to swallow their pride and not cut off their nose to spite their face.

• Like 1
  • LMAO 1

Married the Night
Just now, RoverLoader said:

This is a big issue. Some people need to swallow their pride and not cut off their nose to spite their face.

Absolutely! It’s killing me. It killed our chances last election. :-/

PartySick
1 minute ago, Eighteen said:

i think the establishment favors biden too. but so do a lot of democratic voters. before biden even announced he was running, polls put him ahead of bernie sanders. we progressives forget that we might not be in the majority when it comes to the backing of progressive candidates, and that a familiar establishment face like biden resonates with a lot of people who are mostly older (in other words, while people might be progressive theoretically, in practice, a lot of people like biden).

A lot of Trump voters said they'd consider voting for Biden too.

I mean, what's Trump going to do? Run his entire anti-Biden campaign with the motto that "I'll go straight for your p*ssy, no creepy shoulder touching here!"?

:ohwell:

#KeepAmericaGreatAgain 🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

RoverLoader
3 minutes ago, Married the Night said:

Already some of the emote responses to your post kind of prove your point.

• LMAO 2

OG Gaga Stan
1 minute ago, Married the Night said:

It absolutely did not. Clinton lost because she was the most unpopular candidate in the history of the Democratic Party with a horrible voting record, who ran a terrible campaign. It was her job to get her base out to vote: she failed. She refused to even campaign in Wisconsin at all, despite Bernie’s former team begging her to. 

Putting the blame on more progressive voters for the candidate’s failure to beat a reality television star and a clown because of her team’s own hubris is insanity. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

OG Gaga Stan
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, RoverLoader said:

Already some of the emote responses to your post kind of prove your point.

“Someone LMAO’d my post on a Lady Gaga forum blaming leftists for the Democratic party’s corrupt candidate’s failure to run a competent campaign against a blatantly incompetent serial sexual assaulter- clearly, this is what gave us Trump.” 

Edited by OG Gaga Stan
  • Like 3

RoverLoader
6 hours ago, Brainiac said:

umm Bernie is clearly the most policy driven candidate out of all of them. Most of them are literally running on his progressive policy stances from the 2016 election.

Letting the likes of Dylann Roof be able to vote isn't an election winning policy. I was kinda supportive of Bernie up until this point. As a person of color, there is no way I can condone White supremacist mass murderers, terrorists  or any kind of serial killer, rapist or  child killer have the right to vote. If you guys don't think he would be crucified come the debates for this one single policy then you are extremely naïve. I also don't think another old white man should be president - be it Bernie or Joe. Obama is literally the only man that broke the mold. I'm hoping that either Liz Warren or Kamala gets in, even though they have policies I disagree with. The bottom line is not everyone is going to align with you 100%.  

• Sad 4