Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
movie

Major Fox Movies Reschedule Following Disney/Fox Merger

RAMROD

Featured Posts

Reality
1 minute ago, gagzus said:

I think what Fox and Cameron forgot was that the selling point of Avatar back in 2008 was that it had hyper realistic and advanced animation, and that was mostly it. The story was run of the mill and based around the whole discovery of america/pocohantos mythos woven into a storyline about humans colonising alien worlds and ended with a cliffhanger that was kinda predictable being- the lead character dies but it ends with him awaking actually alive, the only actor who was a selling point was Sigorney Weaver and even her acting wasn’t that great.

The animation WAS ahead of it’s time admittedly but the story and acting wasn’t memorable and now it’s the type of staple animation found in loads of blockbusters including Endgame so it’s no long unique.

Again, completely agree.

I mean, look at the Lion King. More than anything, people are going to be watching that movie because of the animation. It looks so incredibly realistic, and that kind of advancement in technology is just amazing! 

Avatar itself just wasn't anything special besides the animation. Once again, it's not a pop culture phenomenon like Marvel or Star Wars. 

🃏🖤👹

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anderson123

I think they’re being way too ambitious with Avatar and the 5 movies. I mean yes, it was huge and I liked it a lot but I honestly have only seen it once, in teathers. Other than that, I’ve never seen anyone talk about it like they do with Avengers, Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings for example that have been a cultural phenomenon and still are. Plus it’s been TEN years and there’s a whole new generation of people who have no idea about it so lets see what happens. It’s obviously going to be a success because it’s Disney so I hope it’s worth it. 

gypsy101

i am so frickin annoyed about Avatar. it obviously has to do with them not being dated for release the same time as big Disney stuff but wtf it would have already been 11 years and they’re pushing it back again?!?

TimisaMonster

And to think AVATAR will still come out before LG6...:bradley:

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

DeleteMyAccount
39 minutes ago, gagzus said:

Didn’t care for avatar in the first place and don’t see why sequels were necessary it’s not like they’re gonna each make another $2b and it’s financial suicide to invest in all those movies expecting that tbh

I don't think they're expecting them to make $2B each. Financially they just have to make around $1B to remain profitable. But they're being marketed as the Christmas movie to see(cycling with Star Wars every other year), so it'll get a huge audience from that. And as long as Disney can make a profit and get more people to visit the Avatarland at Animal Kingdom, all is good.

RAMROD
9 minutes ago, Alan123 said:

I think they’re being way too ambitious with Avatar and the 5 movies. I mean yes, it was huge and I liked it a lot but I honestly have only seen it once, in teathers. Other than that, I’ve never seen anyone talk about it like they do with Avengers, Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings for example that have been a cultural phenomenon and still are. Plus it’s been TEN years and there’s a whole new generation of people who have no idea about it so lets see what happens. It’s obviously going to be a success because it’s Disney so I hope it’s worth it. 

It isCameron original ideas to have 5 movies. It's been since before the merger happened. It was 3 at first then Cameron said it will be 5 instead. So I agree that he is way to ambitious. And little bit greedy on Cameron's part. Personally, Avatar already have finished its story with one movie. Unless they will do completely different character each time. But I doubt that since some of the main cast from the first one will also be on the sequels.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ I've Become A Notorious Being (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

RAMROD
17 minutes ago, gagzus said:

@RAMROD I’m curious as to why they’ve left the marvel titles out since we already know most of the phase 4 movies that’re coming and I’m actually shocked they’re finally gonna put out another Disney animation for the first time since Princess & The Frog

I feel like some phase 4 movies plans may can still be changed. Remember when Marvel dodged a bullet when they decided Inhumans not being part of MCU but its own entity and will be released as TV show instead initial plan as theatrical release?  Perhaps that is why they left the titles out. :shrug:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ I've Become A Notorious Being (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Lottie Winters

Avatar is going to have sequels? Why???? 

jacs vs looser

The New Mutantsďťż been pushed back ... again. Honestly my hype for that movie is long dead :rip:.

I feel like at this point they should just release it on their streaming service and be done with it, then wait a couple of years and bring about the new Xmen generation that will be part of the MCU.

HausOfMark

The move of Avatar 2 makes me so sad.

My grandma, who is slowly deteriorating, has wanted to see the new Avatar 2. She and I bonded over it and loved it together and she has been so excited to see it "next year". 

Makes me sad. I know i cant control the date change but it has changed SO MANY TIMES. 

-Mark

ImTired
3 hours ago, James Gibson said:

they also announced a new Star wars trilogy beginning 2022. which begs the question: why?

Because it's a billion dollar money maker, and some of us can't wait for more Star Wars, silly. :huntyga:

gagzus
1 hour ago, RAMROD said:

I feel like some phase 4 movies plans may can still be changed. Remember when Marvel dodged a bullet when they decided Inhumans not being part of MCU but its own entity and will be released as TV show instead initial plan as theatrical release?  Perhaps that is why they left the titles out. 

well we have a fair few movies lined up for phase 4-6 depending on when they come out. Doctor Strange 2, Black Panther 2, Captain Marvel 2, Spider-Man 3, Black Widow solo film, then it was confirmed the shows on the streaming services are part of the MCU and parts of the phases (Wanda Vision, Hawkeye, Falcon & The Winter Soldier, Young Loki), then Guardians of The Galaxy Vol. 3.

Another possible Thor film is also likely and we will probably finally get Fantastic 4 in the MCU by the end of phase 6, which could lead to another Avengers film with Galactus as the main villain as the final phase 6 film in probably 2029. I love the X-Men so much but i don't see them giving us X-Men till 2030 at this point LMAO, i'll probably be 60 before we finally get a correct Phoenix saga :messga: 

James Gibson
47 minutes ago, ImTired said:

Because it's a billion dollar money maker, and some of us can't wait for more Star Wars, silly. :huntyga:

until the force awakens i couldn't wait too, but the last jedi really ruined for me :cryga:

and now they're ending the skywalker saga so boo hoo to the next 50 trilogies

MarryTheAngel

The government should've blocked the merger... I see no good in this.

Reality
3 hours ago, gagzus said:

well we have a fair few movies lined up for phase 4-6 depending on when they come out. Doctor Strange 2, Black Panther 2, Captain Marvel 2, Spider-Man 3, Black Widow solo film, then it was confirmed the shows on the streaming services are part of the MCU and parts of the phases (Wanda Vision, Hawkeye, Falcon & The Winter Soldier, Young Loki), then Guardians of The Galaxy Vol. 3.

Another possible Thor film is also likely and we will probably finally get Fantastic 4 in the MCU by the end of phase 6, which could lead to another Avengers film with Galactus as the main villain as the final phase 6 film in probably 2029. I love the X-Men so much but i don't see them giving us X-Men till 2030 at this point LMAO, i'll probably be 60 before we finally get a correct Phoenix saga :messga: 

I don't think Captain Marvel 2 and Spider-Man 3 are "official Phase 4 movies", yet. The other three have been talked about in depth and they're more than likely going to be in Phase 4, but those two are just pure speculation on fan's part—I think.

Also, is the Loki show going to be young Loki? I didn't them talk about that... 

🃏🖤👹

Archived