Gaga Daily Youtube
science

Spain to become a desert soon due to climate change

Featured Posts

Supersonic

LA JUNQUERA, Spain — In a ghost town in southeastern Spain, Alfonso Chico de Guzmán is using ancient farming practices to restore the soil on his family's 1,000- hectare farm. If it works, he’ll hold back the encroaching desert — and maybe even bring his abandoned village of La Junquera back to life.

The stakes are high. Chaotic weather and thinning topsoil are putting farmers like Chico de Guzmán under ever greater pressure. And it’s only going to get worse.

Climate change models used by the European Commission project temperatures will increase by more than 2°C in Spain by the end of the century. According to a special report published by the European Court of Auditors in December 2018, three-quarters of Spain faces desertification, making it one of the most seriously affected countries in Europe.

https://www.politico.eu/article/farmer-sand-spain-fight-against-desertification-soil-degradation/

Majestic, the future is electric.
  • Like 1
  • Shook 3
  • Sad 7

Morphine Prince

Makes total sense. Desertification will just move northward. 

How sad. 

For the debt I owe, gotta sell my soul, 'Cause I can't say no, no, I can't say no

FfFfFfFF

This is sad. Even in Romania there are lands at risk of desertification, one small portion already became one. In a few hundred years the entire Europe will be a desert if pollution won't stop and it doesn't seem like it's going to stop. :party:

Edited by FfFfFfFF
►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►

RudraCNG

Yeah, I live in Barcelona and this year it barely rained like only 3 or 4 days. We haven't had a proper winter this year.

• Like 1

LiamNick

Probably because of forest fires which leads to  desertification and  deforestation

Spain_banner_4_new.jpg.930x189_q90_crop-

Spain_banner_3_new.jpg.930x189_q90_crop-

Spain_banner_1_new.jpg.930x189_q90_crop-

this is just so sad 

• Like 1

Musicer

so does this mean Spanish men is going to be hotter than before ?  :lolga:

• Like 1
  • LMAO 2
  • YAAAS 2

Economy

Portugal keeps loosing forest due to huge fires every summer too :ohno:

Mind u a lot of them are started on purpose but still. Hotter dries weather helps it burn and spread faster

Bloody Grammys

It was already being used by Hollywood to record plenty of western movies last century.

Df+2~1, Df+2, F+31, BT+2, BT+14 S! WR+3, AOP1+2
  • Shook 1

Bloody Grammys
57 minutes ago, RudraCNG said:

Yeah, I live in Barcelona and this year it barely rained like only 3 or 4 days. We haven't had a proper winter this year.

This. In like 3 months I've only seen rain like these past 2-3 days and today it's sunny again.

Df+2~1, Df+2, F+31, BT+2, BT+14 S! WR+3, AOP1+2
  • Like 1

RAMROD

Get ready for MadMax come to life. Where water are scarce and will be monopolized by some people and some nations just like oil. 

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ ♥ Si ♥ Vis ♥ Pacem ♥ Para ♥ Bellum ♥