Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
series

The Act on Hulu (spoilers)

SharkmanthaC

Featured Posts

SharkmanthaC

Has anyone been watching this series? I've binged the entire series this week, and now I'm ready for the final episode.

This case has truly fascinated me, so I've been reading online articles, watching interviews, even watching the testimonies from the trial on YouTube.

What are your thoughts on the series, the case, etc?

**If you are discussing spoilers, please put them in a spoiler for those that may not have watched the entire series.**

she/her/hers

River

In GGD I watch The Act On Delulu everyday, I recommend, pure humor.

On a serious note, I didn't hear about this one actually, I'm not really a big fan of Hulu's originals except for S1 of The Handmaid's Tale.

Can you explain a bit about this show?

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

highlikegaga

i watch it, i'm on ep. 3.

please put the spoilers in the spoiler, so we can discuss it in general and get other people hooked without ruining it for them.

SharkmanthaC
8 minutes ago, River said:

In GGD I watch The Act On Delulu everyday, I recommend, pure humor.

On a serious note, I didn't hear about this one actually, I'm not really a big fan of Hulu's originals except for S1 of The Handmaid's Tale.

Can you explain a bit about this show?

It's a dramatization of a case of where a mother had Munchausen syndrome by proxy, and was convincing her daughter and the world that she was sick (to the point that she said she couldn't walk, had cancer, muscular dystrophy, and even a feeding tube). 

Spoiler

The daughter ends up planning her mother's murder with a guy she meets online.  He is the one that actually commits the murder though.

Wikipedia page about the actual case: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Dee_Dee_Blanchard

There are also several documentaries about this case as well.  An HBO one called Mommy Dead and Dearest. Dr. Phil interviewed Gypsy as well.

she/her/hers

SharkmanthaC
5 minutes ago, highlikegaga said:

i watch it, i'm on ep. 3.

please put the spoilers in the spoiler, so we can discuss it in general and get other people hooked without ruining it for them.

I will add this request to the OP.

she/her/hers

River
1 minute ago, SamanthaC said:

It's a dramatization of a case of where a mother had Munchausen syndrome by proxy, and was convincing her daughter and the world that she was sick (to the point that she said she couldn't walk, had cancer, muscular dystrophy, and even a feeding tube). 

Hide contents

The daughter ends up planning her mother's murder with a guy she meets online.  He is the one that actually commits the murder though.

Wikipedia page about the actual case: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Dee_Dee_Blanchard

OMG I read about this case last year, would be interesting to watch it, thanks!

Munchausen syndrome by proxy scares me so much..

SharkmanthaC
1 minute ago, River said:

OMG I read about this case last year, would be interesting to watch it, thanks!

Munchausen syndrome by proxy scares me so much..

I don't even remember this happening.  But it has been fascinating to read about.  How the doctor's were not able to discover what was happening is beyond me.

she/her/hers

River
Just now, SamanthaC said:

I don't even remember this happening.  But it has been fascinating to read about.  How the doctor's were not able to discover what was happening is beyond me.

It's like making you question if your loved ones can be trusted :duck:

Tom Nook

Omg I can’t believe this series is almost over it’s been a ride

Spoiler

Ya know I thought they were gonna portrays Dee Dee’s murder graphically, but I guess out of respect of the victims family

I did felt bad for Gypsy because she went through so much unnecessary bs from her mom, even though some claim she murder her purely because she couldn’t be with Nick but I think the main factor is because of the suffocation and violation of independence, and the physical and emotional abuse she endured :saladga:

Uh Red Wine... Convict... Gah Gah...

SharkmanthaC
1 minute ago, Gardevoir said:

Omg I can’t believe this series is almost over it’s been a ride

Hide contents

Ya know I thought they were gonna portrays Dee Dee’s murder graphically, but I guess out of respect of the victims family

I did felt bad for Gypsy because she went through so much unnecessary bs from her mom, even though some claim she murder her purely because she couldn’t be with Nick but I think the main factor is because of the suffocation and violation of independence, and the physical and emotional abuse she endured :saladga:

Putting my comments in the spoiler just in case.

Spoiler

I don't know that Dee Dee's family really cares about her.  Her father and step-mother basically said she got what she deserved (in the HBO documentary), and they ended up flushing her ashes down the toilet after no one would go pick them up.

I'm still confused on how Nick got life in prison.  He clearly is on the autism spectrum and has some mental issues.  Gypsy only got 10 years, and I agree with you I think it was from the abuse she endured.  If you listen to her testimony she is very intelligent, just very naive about the world. She had other plans to escape her mother, but none of them would work. In her interview with Dr. Phil she even says she didn't want her mom dead, but just wanted to be free. One of the comments on YouTube made a good point, saying that Gypsy was on all kinds of medication at the time of the murder so she probably wasn't in her right mind.  

They actually portray their house and things well.  If you see real images of the house, Dee Dee was a hoarder.  You can't tell this from the show. However, it appears Gypsy has made some comments about the show and she is unhappy with it.

she/her/hers

Tom Nook
1 minute ago, SamanthaC said:

Putting my comments in the spoiler just in case.

Hide contents

I don't know that Dee Dee's family really cares about her.  Her father and step-mother basically said she got what she deserved (in the HBO documentary), and they ended up flushing her ashes down the toilet after no one would go pick them up.

I'm still confused on how Nick got life in prison.  He clearly is on the autism spectrum and has some mental issues.  Gypsy only got 10 years, and I agree with you I think it was from the abuse she endured.  If you listen to her testimony she is very intelligent, just very naive about the world. She had other plans to escape her mother, but none of them would work. In her interview with Dr. Phil she even says she didn't want her mom dead, but just wanted to be free. One of the comments on YouTube made a good point, saying that Gypsy was on all kinds of medication at the time of the murder so she probably wasn't in her right mind.  

They actually portray their house and things well.  If you see real images of the house, Dee Dee was a hoarder.  You can't tell this from the show. However, it appears Gypsy has made some comments about the show and she is unhappy with it.

Spoiler

Yea I was amazed on how accurate they got on the details. I think with Nick is that I thought he was schizophrenic but it was revealed by psychologists he is probably on the autism spectrum and may or may not have dissociative-identity disorder. I don’t know how Missouri law works when regarding first-degree murder from someone with a disability.

I could see why the real Gypsy would detest because the producers gave no consent regarding the portrayal of this case but some could argue that this is public knowledge and is exempted to be considered an invasion of privacy.

Uh Red Wine... Convict... Gah Gah...

SharkmanthaC
9 minutes ago, David Ward said:

I made a thread about this show with all 8 leaked episodes like two weeks ago and no one ever responded :toofunny:

Here's all the leaked episodes...

https://www1.swatchseries.to/serie/the_act

I just started watching this week on a recommendation from a friend.  Sorry! Thanks for the link though.

she/her/hers

mucinex

The show is an awful disservice and disrespect to Gypsy's story. Not only is the show itself bad, but the problems with the production team not paying Gypsy's family for the show and ignoring their calls is just out right disgusting. 

Archived