đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Will Gaga be overshadowed yet again?

BgRaEgTaT

Featured Posts

BgRaEgTaT

If the early May release rumors are true, is anyone worried about Gaga being overshadowed by Taylor Swift, who is releasing her first single this week? Or should we just not care. Taylor is obviously more popular than Gaga on radio and charts and is basically guaranteed to have bigger hits and better promo/videos/etc, but since they are both “queens” of pop, I could see the media trying to create a competition out of nothing and hurt Gaga’s potential success even more...thoughts?

TINDER

I just want her to release! 

Let her release at least a song then we can predict the overshadow situtation!

Taylor will have her moment from 26 to 3 then I hope Gaga will have her too!

I am tinder

PlastiscGuy

I can't really say anything because I'm not an expert in marketing, but let's just say if she's overshadowed... it's her own team's fault. She had the right time and exposure to release new music when no one else was doing it, and didn't, so... :coffee:

PG.

reputation is like Taylor's "born this way" album, I'm afraid she's going down hill from that, and gaga is obviously having another peak era and will keep going. so personally I don't think gaga will be overshadowed again. 

River

Everyone is overshadowing each other at this point anyway.. too many releases.

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

Just now, Antichrist said:

JsF6.gif

this vid is so adorable 

ice heard one side from above

AJRocketMan

I don’t care care about the competition. I only care about the art. And besides, what’s wrong with a little competition anyways? It makes people more creative. The Applause/Roar dilemma was fun to watch.

I would love for Normal F*cking Rockwell and #LG6 to come out at the same time. Gaga and Lana have never released music in the same time frame before and have subsequently never competed. I’d love to see who has the better music, videos, outfits, photo shoots, and performances. Between the two, Gaga is gonna fare better commercially but Lana will probably receive better reviews from critics. Gaga albums are always not taken seriously by critics which probably has to do with the fact she makes dance music and her use of queerness as a form of artistic expression. Lana, on the other hand, makes slow rock music and is super serious, which critics go nuts for.

Ally Campana
18 minutes ago, AJRocketMan said:

I don’t care care about the competition. I only care about the art. And besides, what’s wrong with a little competition anyways? It makes people more creative. The Applause/Roar dilemma was fun to watch.

I would love for Normal F*cking Rockwell and #LG6 to come out at the same time. Gaga and Lana have never released music in the same time frame before and have subsequently never competed. I’d love to see who has the better music, videos, outfits, photo shoots, and performances. Between the two, Gaga is gonna fare better commercially but Lana will probably receive better reviews from critics. Gaga albums are always not taken seriously by critics which probably has to do with the fact she makes dance music and her use of queerness as a form of artistic expression. Lana, on the other hand, makes slow rock music and is super serious, which critics go nuts for.

Not necessarily. Basing off of Metacritic, Gaga is more acclaimed.

Does it matter? Damage is done

BabylonHooker

unfortunately there will be drama if they release close to each other:icega:

GAGA IS MY LIFELINE

jaXXXon

Taylor really didn't rule streaming or radio last era either. Shallow is a way bigger radio hit than anything from Reputation and even though Reputation still sold well (despite a HUGE decline from 1989), ASIB soundtrack is more consistent and is charting better.

People also need to remember that Gaga has always been bigger WW. Sure, Taylor beat her ass back in 2014-15 with 1989 but that was Gaga's lowest career point. 

Although Taylor seems to be taking a hint unlike Gaga post-BTW, we still don't know for certain how big she's really going to be right now. And while I don't think she'll flop, Gaga's resurgence in popularity right now won't let her be overshadowed. You need to remember that Gaga was overshadowed by Katy back 2013 because people were tired of her, that ain't the case no more :trollga:

AJRocketMan
1 minute ago, Ally Campana said:

Not necessarily. Basing off of Metacritic, Gaga is more acclaimed.

How? :confused: Lana’s albums have higher Metascore than Gaga’s do on average.

The Fame has 71, The Fame Monster has 78, Born This Way has 71, ARTPOP has 61, Cheek to Cheek has 64, Joanne has 67, and A Star Is Born has 78 (based on only 8 reviews...). Born To Die has 62, Paradise has 64, Ultraviolence has 74, Honeymoon has 78, and Lust For Life has 77. The only explanation for Gaga having a higher score is because she has more content released than Lana does.

Ray of Light

She doesn’t need to be #1 to be successful. What she needs is longevity this time and ASIB proved she can deliver that. Just release good music and the public will react well to it now that they’re paying attention to her name again. 

Archived