đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Is Gaga vocally declining?

fathermonster

Featured Posts

AmenTheNight

She's not declining vocally. Physically maybe, but I have yet to see her level at Enigma, I'll judge by myself when my show comes :) 

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She is declining as much as any other female singer. Voices lower over time. Look at Beyonce, she sounds like a man almost. It's normal.

Having said that, the smoking is ruining her lungs and she will have a harder time holding notes, hitting high notes, etc.

lgaga1fan
4 hours ago, millerkrause said:

minute 2:30 and beyond says: NO!!! If she was "vocally declining" how could she be hitting MUCH higher notes, in full voice, than what was originally on a song she wrote recorded over 10 years ago, *LIVE*?

She is not vocally declining, but the largest "change" in her voice was between The Fame and The Fame Monster.  I believe that truly is due to continued vocal training and the fact she went from late teens/early 20s to being an adult right during that album cycle.  You can tell on "The Fame" what songs were recorded later (I tend to believe Boys Boys Boys was one of the last) ..  When you compare "Speechless" to "Brown Eyes", you'll see that Gaga's voice is more similar in tone to what it was 10 years ago, than what it was 12 years ago.  

Within the last 5 years, especially since ARTPOP, Gaga's voice has gotten a bit richer, and a bit deeper, but she's gone from a "great singer" to a "powerhouse" vocalist.  She has an extremely rock friendly voice, and she sings a lot less "affected" (i.e. Blueberry Kisses) now, and more raw instead (i.e. Just Another Day) 

Aside from all of that, if she didn't smoke cigarettes, I do not know what her voice would sound like today or if it has had any effect on her voice whatsoever.  I believe singing and extensive touring has the most effect on a singer's voice. Everyone knows, including her, that she needs to stop smoking tobacco products completely.  She has struggled with that vice for a while, going as far as quitting but then picking it back up, as so many people do - she or anyone else should not be shamed for it.  You can read interviews about what she said Tony Bennett said to her about cigarettes - she's well aware she needs to quit, and has people around her who want her to quit as well.  I am sure she is completely aware of what condition her voice is in & what cigarettes can do.  I believe she is trying her best & her best is what she always gives, and it shows.  <3 

Notice how she's heavily struggling to do that exact same run nowadays

Smother Em Eh

No she has improved more and more over time. Now she’s like a f***ing powerhouse. If she keeps smoking that won’t be for long tho :awkney:

Get Applause & G.U.Y to 1B views!

monsieurRed
4 hours ago, lgaga1fan said:

Notice how she's heavily struggling to do that exact same run nowadays

ty for being the only person to bring some evidence. She's doing more choreo in the Vegas show. Any time she does choreo it's not uncommon for her to skip some of the words. You can see this in TMB tour DVD.

🧚‍♀️

Stephen
8 hours ago, millerkrause said:

You can tell on "The Fame" what songs were recorded later (I tend to believe Boys Boys Boys was one of the last)

Just letting you know, BBB was one of the first songs she made with Red One, even before Just Dance and Poker Face. Also Starstruck was the last song recorded. 

NCgaga

We also need to quit comparing Enigma to Joanne WT. Enigma has more choreo. Bad Romance sounds amazing at Enigma- she does a lot more ad libs then in the original recording. She could probably add the choreo to her workout routine- and make sure she is doing plenty of breathing exercises with the workouts-this was really important for boybands like NSYNC and Backstreet Boys. Coming back into more choreo may have been something she wasn't completely physically ready for- but you know what - OUR GIRL NEVER LIP SYNCS. 

Just quit the cigs and lay off the marijuana(not all the time, but really cut down)- that's the only thing she needs to do. Her technique is stellar. 

BenG

Joanne era was the peak of her vocals. Grammys 2018, Grammys 2019 and Oscars 2019 all didn't have great vocals. Her performances for the big award shows were always excellent before that.

ASIB had A LOT of pitch correction.

Frankenstein

Um... have you heard her Jazz & Piano shows? Her vocals are better and more trained than ever. 

Emigrante

I think she gets better and better but I miss times where she sings careless like in born this way era. I think her voice was more light-hearted if you know what I mean and now she often seems like she's struggling a little bit. For example comparison of the lady is a trump where she sings easily to other cheek to cheek songs.

Sugar, spice, and everything nice.

ShayCristoforo

It's  more mature. So she prob has a harder time hitting high notes, but overall I think she has more control and versatility.
However... is she still smoking?

Get the pinot ready, because it's turtle time.

yes, her voice is very very husky and raspy since the beginning of enigma shows, and she's been struggling to hit various notes on the jazz and piano show, just compare the performances of lush life from 2015 and now

Archived