Gaga Daily Youtube
politics

Elizabeth Warren has the biggest free college plan yet

Featured Posts

Born To Slay

https://www.vox.com/2019/4/22/18509196/elizabeth-warren-debt-free-college

Elizabeth Warren wants to wipe away student loan debt for the vast majority of Americans who have it, and make debt-free college a reality for new students.

In a new plan detailed on Monday, Warren became the first Democrat running for president in 2020 to detail a sweeping higher education plan with the goal of alleviating America’s $1.5 trillion student debt crisis.

Warren’s plan is unique in that is would assist former and future college students alike. The plan would cancel up to $50,000 in student loan debt for an estimated 42 million Americans, and invest in debt-free college for students attending two- or four-year public institutions. It also comes with a hefty pricetag of $1.25 trillion over ten years. Warren plans to pay for it with the ultra-millionaire tax she introduced in January, which would tax the 75,000 wealthiest families in America.

• Like 9
  • YAAAS 4
  • Love 1

Born To Slay

Gotta say, if she keeps bringing her A-game, I might jump ship from team Bernie to team Warren.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

OG Gaga Stan

Yeah, at this point if you're considering voting for anyone other than Sanders or Warren... :triggered:

• Like 12

bravenewworld

elizabeth Warren  thats the lady  who wrote  songs  with Lady gaga?

• Like 1
  • LMAO 24

Morphine Prince

I can see this getting a lot of attention but I just think she isn’t a strong candidate. Which is a shame. 

For the debt I owe, gotta sell my soul, 'Cause I can't say no, no, I can't say no
  • Like 1
  • LMAO 1

Faysalaaa

She openly said she takes wall street and corporate money..

Edited by Faysalaaa
  • Like 1
  • LMAO 1

Born To Slay
35 minutes ago, Beytwice said:

”free”

At the point of service. She clearly outlines how it’s paid for. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

Delusional Aura

Things like this will work BUT then you run out of rich people money to spend and it's game over. It surprises me to see that average Americans can't see that if you tax the wealthy too much they will just move their business and money to other countries but what do I know right? :oops:

Instead of spending that money for student loans, it would be more profitable to spend it on our D+ infrastructure. Studies have shown that every dollar invested in infrastructure provides an economic boost of at least two dollars (Leduc, 2012). Leduc and Wilson also argued that, "unanticipated increases in highway spending have positive but temporary effects on GSP, both in the short and medium run. The short-run effect is consistent with a traditional Keynesian channel in which output increases because of a rise in aggregate demand, combined with slow-to-adjust prices. In contrast, the positive response of GSP over the medium run is in line with a supply-side effect due to an increase in the economy's productive capacity".

Or we could even invest it into improving the public education sector which would be way much more beneficial as it will prevent the unprivileged to slip through the cracks. Or how about we fix the fiscal mismanagememt of the government first like launching an audit into the pentagon for its excessive expenditure on our military yet China and Russia are spending way less and have military weapons that can rival us AND our veterans are being some of the most neglected people in the country. 

What I am saying here, is that it starts off as oh its free education by taxing the wealthy, then it will be free Healthcare by taxing the wealthy, then free this and that and the other BY TAXING THE WEALTHY. Our country has to be very careful where it's headed. But what do I know right? People are easily influenced when they hear let's tax the wealthy so our problems can be solved. 

EDIT: just thought bout this 

If you want to tax the wealthy of extreme amounts we need to have the security that democrats and Republicans won't help only their friends and families like that have been doing every time one or the other is in power. If the US can get rid of its corruption and be honest and transparent with it fiscal management, then I can see how this ideology can work but until then capitalism works and there's nothing we can do about it. 

https://www.frbsf.org/economic-research/publications/economic-letter/2012/november/highway-grants/

Edited by Delusional Aura
  • LMAO 1
  • Love 1

melodichard
1 hour ago, Faysalaaa said:

False. 

• Like 2

SEANGT

It's....literally the opposite. She's sticking more strictly to small donations than literally any other candidate. Even more so than Bernie. Which is a theme -- she's consistently fighting for more progressive and specific policies than Bernie Sanders -- and has the tax plan to back it ALL up. 

• Like 4
  • LMAO 1

Matangi

u might wanna research senator warren lmao

• Like 3

OG Gaga Stan
32 minutes ago, SEANGT said:

It's....literally the opposite. She's sticking more strictly to small donations than literally any other candidate. Even more so than Bernie. Which is a theme -- she's consistently fighting for more progressive and specific policies than Bernie Sanders -- and has the tax plan to back it ALL up. 

I definitely wouldn't go that far, at all. All of her programs are means-tested rather than universal and have massive qualifiers, including this one. Extremely hard on married couples making $50,000 each with potentially hundreds of thousands of dollars of student loan debt, etc. etc.

Sanders' proposals are also equipped with coverage mechanisms, so I don't know where that false distinction is coming from.

Faysalaaa
1 hour ago, melodichard said:

False. 

56 minutes ago, SEANGT said:

53 minutes ago, Matangi said:

u might wanna research senator warren lmao

She said that she wont get money from them but if she gets the nomination in the primary election, she will accept all kind of money from wall street and corporations and anywhere.

She says shes progressive but her progressive views are not a priority in her campaign unlike Bernie. Shes wishy washy on medicare for all. Do you even research who you are supporting?

She has a bad record on foreign affairs specialy recently with the war in Yemen and supporting Israel against palestinians.

Supported the Russiagate conspiracy theory that most progressives did not support and were saying its a way to distract people from the DNA corruption and rigging the election against Bernie.

Clearly shes not more progressive than Sanders plus her history shows she was a republican her whole life while Sanders have been fight for this for a very a long time.

Edited by Faysalaaa
  • LMAO 2

Whispering
14 minutes ago, OG Gaga Stan said:

All of her programs are means-tested rather than universal and have massive qualifiers, including this one. Extremely hard on married couples making $50,000 each with potentially hundreds of thousands of dollars of student loan debt, etc. etc.

The plan provides substantial debt cancellation for every person with household income between $100,000 and $250,000. The $50,000 cancellation amount phases out by $1 for every $3 in income above $100,000, so, for example, a person with household income of $130,000 gets $40,000 in cancellation, while a person with household income of $160,000 gets $30,000 in cancellation.

A married couple making 100,000 would still qualify for close to 100,000 in debt cancellation. If they made 130,000 combined, the would qualify for 80,000 in debt cancellation (or or 40,000 each).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1