💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Grace Jones is MEAN.

Bizcochito

Featured Posts

ChromeAngel

Just because you’re an icon does not mean you’re a good person. Madonna comes to mind. 

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Inferno

Imo she met Gaga when she was 23, still green and fresh into her fame with the arrogance that catapulting to worldwide phenomenon status would bring. Grace isn't really the type to let that slide and regardless shes entitled to her opinions I mean she really doesn't like that many popular artists. Im sure it was a bummer for Gaga tbh. Shes talked about meeting idols and how sometimes you meet them and you realize that theyre jerks, im sure Grace was an example of that for her.

Inferno
19 hours ago, Funkymonkey said:

Well she only made her opinion public after she met her at the event from this pic.

She said Gaga didnt't "have a soul"/she didn't knoe what she was talking about or something like that.

U can even see on the picture how uncomfortable Grace was lol

Actually she first made her opinions on Gaga public in 2009 (That photo the user posted, I believe, may be photoshopped). However, this 2017 interview makes it clear she never changed them.

Inferno
18 hours ago, LilyLark said:

This, and honestly doesn't Grace hate on a lot of people to the point that this twitter clip is downright mild in some ways? Like...I really don't get why that LM on twitter posted that old clip unless she just wanted to stir the sh*t (some LM love to do that for some reason) and/or is unaware that Grace snarks on nearly everyone.

And I suspect she never really had strong feelings towards Gaga either way, since Gaude has since photographed her and I feel like he wouldn't work with Gaga (since he's close with Grace still) if she really disliked her.

I personally believe she doesn't mind her as a person as you say but doesn't respect her as a creative.

Grace Jones on Lady Gaga + Kanye West (2016):

"Gaga came to me, and I just could not find a soul. I come from church - maybe that has something to do with it. I like to get to the soul of a person. I just didn’t feel a soul."

And while Jones couldn't feel a soul, that doesn't by any means that she felt Lady Gaga was 'soulless': "She might have been freaked out with meeting me. This happened. It’s okay, but then we met three times after, through [Philip] Treacy and, boy, I got so angry."

Why was she angry with famed Irish designer Treacy, you ask: "I know Philip needed to make some money, but you know what, can you just wait until I finish my tour before you repeat what we are working on?"

It's OK, Gaga isn't the only one who who's ripping off Jones' trademark look: " Kanye has been ripping off stuff from me and Jean-Paul Goude for a long time, so it was no surprise to me. It’s so like, ‘I can’t beat him, [so I guess I’ll try to] understand him."

dlioncourt91

How can some proclaim to be knowledge in pop and art and NOT know who Grace Jones is?

Especially with technology, Google and YouTube at your fingertips. :saladga:

She has a right to her opinion. Doesn't make her a bitch or any of the names she's been called in this thread.

dlioncourt91
1 hour ago, Lighter said:

She doesn’t even have a hit lmao

Her stuff is well known. Try again. :huntyga:

dlioncourt91

Back in the day artists were more upfront about their feelings and less about kissing ass 24/7. I can't imagine how you guys would handle when Whitney, Mariah, Madonna and others didn't mince words. "bUt ShEs CanCeLLeD?!"

Bizcochito
4 hours ago, Inferno said:

I personally believe she doesn't mind her as a person as you say but doesn't respect her as a creative.

Grace Jones on Lady Gaga + Kanye West (2016):

"Gaga came to me, and I just could not find a soul. I come from church - maybe that has something to do with it. I like to get to the soul of a person. I just didn’t feel a soul."

And while Jones couldn't feel a soul, that doesn't by any means that she felt Lady Gaga was 'soulless': "She might have been freaked out with meeting me. This happened. It’s okay, but then we met three times after, through [Philip] Treacy and, boy, I got so angry."

Why was she angry with famed Irish designer Treacy, you ask: "I know Philip needed to make some money, but you know what, can you just wait until I finish my tour before you repeat what we are working on?"

It's OK, Gaga isn't the only one who who's ripping off Jones' trademark look: " Kanye has been ripping off stuff from me and Jean-Paul Goude for a long time, so it was no surprise to me. It’s so like, ‘I can’t beat him, [so I guess I’ll try to] understand him."

She made some points tbh

Lighter
5 hours ago, dlioncourt91 said:

Her stuff is well known. Try again. :huntyga:

Known not smash(hit) 

idk why people are giving grace jones the pass to be this rude to our lady. If this was the earlier days ya'll would've dragged her from hell and back like we did with Madge. Grace Jones is overrated imo. She isn't as original and the progenitor as she makes herself to be. 

LORD GAGA
On 4/22/2019 at 6:22 AM, Bio said:

It's a pitty 'cause Gaga loves her. But at the same time I get what she means. Grace Jones turned fashion and music upside down and her style was very fresh and unusual. Gaga is a referential artist, everything she does is a reinterpretation of something that already exists and Ms Jones doesn't like that.

If Lady Gaga is a referential artist then Grace Jones also fits the boot too, nothing is original and literally everything Grace did was done before in one way or another... she was just more mainstream is all, she also ride the coattails of being a friend of Andy Warhol a lot.

Economy
On 4/22/2019 at 1:13 AM, Evolve said:

Never heard of this woman before. Who is she and why does her opinion matter?

She's an older artist that I think was known for dressing up in very unusual ways

I don't know a lot about her but I remember in Gaga's early years Billboard had made a few comparisons and I remember Grace Jones wasn't the nicest about it

Grace seemed bitter and self conceded as if she was the reason and inspiration that made Gaga dress the way she did

But overall I don't know much about that artist

dlioncourt91
3 hours ago, Lighter said:

Known not smash(hit) 

The fact people can remember her songs long past her "peak" speaks more than what number she charted on.  :huntyga::ladyhaha:

Lighter
2 hours ago, dlioncourt91 said:

The fact people can remember her songs long past her "peak" speaks more than what number she charted on.  :huntyga::ladyhaha:

I think people remember her image more than her music

Archived