Gaga Daily Youtube
politics

Anti-Bernie campaign underway

Featured Posts

Lion Heart

WASHINGTON — When Leah Daughtry, a former Democratic Party official, addressed a closed-door gathering of about 100 wealthy liberal donors in San Francisco last month, all it took was a review of the 2020 primary rules to throw a scare in them.

Democrats are likely to go into their convention next summer without having settled on a presidential nominee, said Ms. Daughtry, who ran her party’s conventions in 2008 and 2016, the last two times the nomination was contested. And Senator Bernie Sanders of Vermont is well positioned to be one of the last candidates standing, she noted.

“I think I freaked them out,” Ms. Daughtry recalled with a chuckle, an assessment that was confirmed by three other attendees. They are hardly alone.

“There’s a growing realization that Sanders could end up winning this thing, or certainly that he stays in so long that he damages the actual winner,” said David Brock, the liberal organizer, who said he has had discussions with other operatives about an anti-Sanders campaign and believes it should commence “sooner rather than later.”

But to some veterans of the still-raw 2016 primary, a heavy-handed intervention may only embolden him and his fervent supporters.

R. T. Rybak, the former Minneapolis mayor who was vice chairman of the Democratic National Committee in 2016, complained bitterly about the party’s tilt toward Mrs. Clinton back then, and warned that it would backfire if his fellow mainstream Democrats “start with the idea that you’re trying to stop somebody.”

If the party fractures again, “or if we even have anybody raising an eyebrow of ‘I’m not happy about this,’ we’re going to lose and they’ll have this loss on their hands,” Mr. Rybak said of the anti-Sanders forces, pleading with them to not make him “a martyr.”

But Mr. Sanders is also taking steps that signal he is committed for the duration of the race — and will strike back aggressively when he’s attacked. On Saturday his campaign sent a blistering letter to the Center for American Progress, a Clinton-aligned liberal think tank, accusing them of abetting Mr. Trump’s attacks, of playing a “destructive” role in Democratic politics, and of being beholden to “the corporate money” they receive. The letter came days after a website aligned with the center aired a video highlighting Mr. Sanders’s status as a millionaire.

Full Story: https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/16/us/politics/bernie-sanders-democratic-party.html

• YAAAS 1
  • Sad 9

Lion Heart

And the DNC never learns :interestinga: 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

AllThingsGaga

I'm really hoping for some younger faces to take over the Dems nomination. It's time to change things up.

• Like 8
  • LMAO 1
  • Sad 1

LilyLark

True, the DNC didn't learn it's lesson at all. But Bernie hiring David f*cking Sirota and Briahana Joy (I'm old enough to remember some of her anti-immigration tweets that she deleted, as well as her randomly accusing John Lewis of throwing a kitten under a car in a bad allegory about Bernie) was a huge mistake in my opinion.

TBH I'm kind of disgusted with all sides right now: the establishment and the non-establishment. I'll vote for whichever Democrat wins the nomination, as I always vote straight Dem, but it's just disappointing to see that people can't wake up and work together.

*Kind of pleasantly surprised that Liz Warren & Julian Castro have managed to hold themselves out of this dumb war. It's so frustrating that Liz keeps putting out detailed, fantastic plans—plans that can get passed and aren't just a pipe dream, and further the progressive cause!—and people ignore her. Her public lands plan and her idea on tackling tech companies...it makes my wonky heart swoon.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

OG Gaga Stan
1 minute ago, AllThingsGaga said:

I'm really hoping for some younger faces to take over the Dems nomination. It's time to change things up.

Sanders is the most progressive, has the best record, is the most popular politician in America and has already said he wants to pick a younger woman to be his VP. Voting for someone else for something as arbitrary as their age only helps Trump. Bernie’s our best chance to win.

• Like 11

AllThingsGaga

I'll vote for any Dem nominee but Bernie is my least favorite of them all.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Sad 8

RAMROD

giphy.gif

I may stan him last time, but that is changing now.

I am for Buttigieg, Beto and Warren this season, not him. :gayhat:

I mean, I'd go for Mr. Hickenlooper and Mr. Inslee first before him if that was the option.

So I hope he won't be the main candidate.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ ♥ Si ♥ Vis ♥ Pacem ♥ Para ♥ Bellum ♥
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

The13thNote

Sorry but I'm #PeteForPresident here.

I want someone who represents the next generation, not one from a generation that will be mostly gone when we are footing the bill of their mistakes. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Sad 1

ltlmnstr
1 minute ago, RAMROD said:

giphy.gif

I may stan him last time, but that is changing now.

I am for Buttigieg, Beto and Warren this season, not him. :gayhat:

I mean, I'd go for Mr. Hickenlooper and Mr. Inslee first before him if that was the option.

So I hope he won't be the main candidate.

Are you serious? “Stanning” This should be about policy and the supreme court.

Clarence Thomas is announcing his retirement any day now.

• Thanks 2

RAMROD
1 minute ago, ltlmnstr said:

Are you serious? “Stanning” This should be about policy and the supreme court.

Clarence Thomas is announcing his retirement any day now.

silence! That is just how I words things. Let me be!

giphy.gif

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ ♥ Si ♥ Vis ♥ Pacem ♥ Para ♥ Bellum ♥
  • Sad 1

Morphine Prince

Trump 2020 it is then. 

These people learned nothing from 2016. 

For the debt I owe, gotta sell my soul, 'Cause I can't say no, no, I can't say no
  • Sad 3

ltlmnstr
2 minutes ago, Morphine Prince said:

Trump 2020 it is then. 

These people learned nothing from 2016. 

No don’t make me cry!

We need a democrat in office!

The supreme court is announcing retirements any day now!

• Like 2

AllThingsGaga

The main assumption about the DNC is correct. They will stack the deck against Bernie. It's just how politics work. Many Dems don't consider Bernie a Democrat. That's probably because he doesn't caucus with them. Go figure.

• Sad 2

Postboy

I’m voting for the guy who has been right... is still right... and will probably keep being right. 

Bernie.

and it’s these kind of shenanigans that discourage democratic voters to go out to vote, which leads to trump. It proves that this is all just a rigged system. The establishment fights to keep their power, keep the status quo, and keep their wealthy donors happy. 

Edited by Postboy
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

ltlmnstr
14 minutes ago, The13thNote said:

Sorry but I'm #PeteForPresident here.

I want someone who represents the next generation, not one from a generation that will be mostly gone when we are footing the bill of their mistakes. 

We’re still footing the bill from the Bush Administration and they’re still alive. The ageist statement is such a cliche every election cycle. 

We got racists from the Civil Rights era, the 60s, still alive.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3