Stefani Tee
Sign in to follow this  
science

Warning! Earth's Magnetic Field Deteriorati Accelerating! Technology Risked

Featured Posts

Economy
8 minutes ago, PartySick said:

Yup yup, 'cause stars can't fuse iron or anything heavier so once they hit that point, they've exhausted their energy. But in massive stars, once iron was created they'd quickly go supernova and in those explosions, forces were so great that iron could fuse. All heavy elements were birthed in the deaths of the most massive stars. The iron in your blood, the calcium in your bones, and all the lighter elements (save hydrogen and helium) were created in stars :flutter:

I could definitely see us being like the aliens from Independence Day...trotting from planet to planet, destroying them and harvesting their resources despite what may already be living there...not pretty :awkney: so I hope we grow a soul before going intersteller as well.

Can I just say it's been a treat to speak to you about these things over your last few threads? :hug:

Tbh I don't see why we'd need to go after planets with life like earth like planets.

I say this because earth like planets are not heavily concentrated in 1 specific resource (other than water) which would make mining inneficient

If you wanted fossil fuels for example, one of the moons from our solar system (one of Jupiter or Saturn's moons I forget which) has hundreds of times more natural gas than the Earth... Planets like Mars are much more concentrated in iron etc

Earth may have a variety of a lot of resources but not a large concentration of 1 specific resource

So if an alien race had a mining operation for 1 resource or another, earth wouldn't be the best candidate tbh. Unless like it said water is what they wanted.

But yeah, if humans do become one of the most advanced in the universe I hope we change cuz I can see us totally abusing our power tbh

I don't think humans (as we are now) would purposely bully smaller aliens for fun, but I can see us being inconsiderate and somewhat of a bully if it benefits us, kind of like in the movie Avatar... 

Maybe if an alien race is in our space territory for example we may refuse to give them some space rights is whatever even as they emerge as interstellar beings

And while not all humans would be unkind, our Corporations and Governments with the true power certainly would if they could benefit :shrug:

Edited by Economy
  • Like 1

The Actress
5 hours ago, hurricane326 said:

Ikr the website is so unreliable and as soon as i saw the word "irratically" i almost stopped reading :smh:

I wouldnt trust a website that dont even proofread

David Ward
5 hours ago, PunkTheFunk said:

tenor.gif?itemid=10354558

What's the story behind this?

Reginald
4 hours ago, Natural Gas said:

LG6 is about to snatch earth's magnetic field and it's not released yet

The impact!trisha occasion GIF

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

nihilist blues

Akiki
5 hours ago, Economy said:

Yeah. Our biggest concern lol

A weakening so severe to endanger organic life is a worst case scenario that is very unlikely

I'm more concerned with the economic damage and damage to economy if it falls enough to damage our technology

Our satellites are most vulnerable because the magnetic field doesn't have to fall as much for them to be exposed

Economy being worried about economics over life. It's a concept 😂  love your posts

• LMAO 1

Economy
25 minutes ago, Akiki said:

Economy being worried about economics over life. It's a concept 😂  love your posts

Lol of course life is more important I wasn't suggesting otherwise :sweat:

I'm just saying for it to affect organic life on earth it would have to be an extreme cycle where the magnetic field fell a lot more than usual (like the cycle 541 Million years ago) and on top of that having a bad solar storm at the same time the magnetic field is at its lowest. That's extremely unlikely

But our satellites that control GPS systems, telecommunications systems and Air Travel routes and other important stuff is much more likely to get damaged and affect human operations if they go

Because they are in space and less protected by the magnetic field, it would take less of a drop in strength for them to be exposed and to get damaged :shrug:

Under a more extreme drop even technology down here could be affected 

With organic life it would have to be a much more extreme event tho...

Technology can fry with a single short burst of strong solar flares... That manages to get thru our magnetic field even if it's just a few seconds

Our atmosphere, and our DNA to truly take damage tho would need sustained exposure tho so the field would have to drop super low to have a sustained exposure to solar winds so that's why I'm not so concerned about life, it's a very slim chance it would be affected

imnotyourbabe10

Are everyone's chakra's okay?

/s

Edited by imnotyourbabe10

Helxig

Mother Earth is just turning her magnetic field off for a second to cull the humans like the headlice we are

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

VOLANTIS

Chill you guys Mariah Carey will save us. 

I'll lift you 3 inches off the ground and drag you to a meter and a half

ToughHooker

omg now i'm scared, you send me into existential crisis,

be right back, gonna do drugs, make a trip around the world, have bareback sex, eat junkfood, become fat :nooo:

• LMAO 1

weed

the amount of typos makes it hard for me to take it seriously, but it's interesting. 

Economy
2 hours ago, neptugne said:

the amount of typos makes it hard for me to take it seriously, but it's interesting. 

The article or my OP? I'm bad at spelling tbh :emma:

weed
12 minutes ago, Economy said:

The article or my OP? I'm bad at spelling tbh :emma:

ohh I thought the OP was a direct copy of the article :rip: Sorry yeah just like "loosing" in particular lol I was like hmm how reliable is this

• LMAO 1

Economy
2 minutes ago, neptugne said:

ohh I thought the OP was a direct copy of the article :rip: Sorry yeah just like "loosing" in particular lol I was like hmm how reliable is this

Sorry

English is my second language (I used to live in Portugal before moving to Canada)

I'm smart in a lot of things but language was never my strong suit

After all these years I still struggle with proper grammer and spelling tbh

I was about to turn 9 when I moved to Canada. Most kids that age lose their accent and become fluent in English within 2 years tops

I took 4 years to become fluent and never lost my accent. I also took forever to become Soso at spelling and I still haven't fully mastered it and I've been in Canada for nearly 18 years now :rip:

lovedillon