opinion

CEREMONY || Lady Gaga's Biggest Hits

KatieJudasGaga4

Featured Posts

KatieJudasGaga4

#5 - Paparazzi

Overall Score: 8.84

giphy.gif

Highest: (10): @ChaosAngel17 @Mirages @huttont @mr wayne @My Little Phoney @RIPheygirl @Blue Madonna

Lowest: (6): @SamanthaC

Commentary:

Spoiler

@Twitter: is THAT song from The Fame!

@Mirages:  I just love Gaga's falsetto here, the lyrics and dramatic delivery encompass what it means to be a star in the modern world and she nailed it. Plus the production is on fleek.

@gagahoon: The percussion of the first verse gives a very bouncy military ”vibe”, Song tells a very interesting story, as Gaga said ”It’s a love song for the cameras”, The most iconic performance in the history of the VMA’s

@martiniglistens: Best song on The Fame for sure. It paints an incredible picture of the downfall of a popstar, and has such a unique melody, and brought us her greatest live performance ever

@Davian: I love but one of my least favorite singles…

@corvus albus: A bit overrated in my opinion but the chorus gets me every time.

@SamanthaC: I like this song, but it isn't one of my favorites. The music video is amazing

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Davian

Bad Romance, Shallow and Poker Face as the top 3:firega:

What you want Lady Gaga🥂 What you want with Christina🥂

KatieJudasGaga4

#4 - Poker Face

Overall Score: 8.94

giphy.gif

Highest: (10): @ChaosAngel17 @Davian @teawhore @Wet Fire @Animal Claws @huttont @Nuggets

Lowest: (6.4): @Marges

Commentary:

Spoiler

@Mirages: Undisputed banger. The song changed the face of music in late 2000s that's alls I have to say.

@gagahoon: Good wordplay with the terms of poker, Again utilizing synths very well , Bluffin’ with my muffin

@martiniglistens: She was truly here to stay with this one. I don't think there is anything more iconic than those opening synths. Those just say I am here to STAY

@DiamondKing: I was about 11 years old when I first heard this masterpiece and I somehow imagined Gaga as a witch when I heard the "Ma-ma-ma-ma" part. I still wish the studio version would contain the amazing high notes she sang during Joanne World Tour.

@Davian: One of her biggest hits for a reason, never gets old wow

@corvus albus: I loved this song as a kid and it was also the first Gaga song I ever heard. It gradually shrunk on me but it's still fantastic and I don't think it will change much for me anymore.

Davian

Why do I get the feeling TEOG will end up top 2:saladga:

KatieJudasGaga4

#3 - The Edge of Glory

Overall Score: 9.26

giphy.gif

Highest: (11): @PerfectCure@Twitter@Rumours1977 @Animal Claws @Auralegends @Dancin

Lowest: (4): @DiamondKing

Commentary: 

Spoiler

@twittgoo: I have such a strong/personal connection with this song.

@Mirages: I always felt like the song was written for me, it came out when my grandpa died and I could relate to everything Gaga tried to do with it. It's so unfathomably uplifting and joyful, yet sad. One of my faves.

@gagahoon: A truly beautiful song in itself, but knowing she dedicated it to her grandfather and his life makes me appreciate the contents of it even and look at it in different way.

@martiniglistens: So emotional and amazing. This song lifts me up and makes me feel hopeful. To me, it is one of those songs that just sounds like closure. Not sure how else to explain that.

@Davian: TEOG + Gaga on the piano = Heaven. The studio version is great too but the piano version is just magical. A Very Gaga Holiday is underrated.

@corvus albus: The saxophone solo, the organ breakdown, the chorus, the bridge, everything is just magical. Two masterpieces and only two years apart

@SamanthaC: After learning the story of how this song came to be, I loved it even more.  I still remember watching and interview when someone asked Gaga why she wrote an upbeat song when her grandfather was dying and she replied "because he was going somewhere glorious."

DiamondKing
1 minute ago, Davian said:

Why do I get the feeling TEOG will end up top 2:saladga:

Inb4 it's #1 :triggered:

Edit: Hallelujah :tony:

Davian
Just now, DiamondKing said:

Inb4 it's #1 :triggered:

Our prayers have been answered:vegas:

Davian
1 minute ago, KatieJudasGaga4 said:

#3 - The Edge of Glory

Overall Score: 9.26

giphy.gif

Highest: (11): @PerfectCure@Twitter@Rumours1977 @Animal Claws @Auralegends @Dancin

Lowest: (4): @DiamondKing

Commentary: 

Reveal hidden contents

@twittgoo: I have such a strong/personal connection with this song.

@Mirages: I always felt like the song was written for me, it came out when my grandpa died and I could relate to everything Gaga tried to do with it. It's so unfathomably uplifting and joyful, yet sad. One of my faves.

@gagahoon: A truly beautiful song in itself, but knowing she dedicated it to her grandfather and his life makes me appreciate the contents of it even and look at it in different way.

@martiniglistens: So emotional and amazing. This song lifts me up and makes me feel hopeful. To me, it is one of those songs that just sounds like closure. Not sure how else to explain that.

@Davian: TEOG + Gaga on the piano = Heaven. The studio version is great too but the piano version is just magical. A Very Gaga Holiday is underrated.

@corvus albus: The saxophone solo, the organ breakdown, the chorus, the bridge, everything is just magical. Two masterpieces and only two years apart

@SamanthaC: After learning the story of how this song came to be, I loved it even more.  I still remember watching and interview when someone asked Gaga why she wrote an upbeat song when her grandfather was dying and she replied "because he was going somewhere glorious."

Is this the song with the most 11’s?

Davian
Just now, KatieJudasGaga4 said:

Top 2 is next, any predictions?

#TeamBadRomance

KatieJudasGaga4
Just now, Davian said:

Is this the song with the most 11’s?

Nope

ArtGagaPop

The whole top 5 serving taste :applause:

But the way you guys treated MR and YAI :wtf:

Also ARTUW deserved to be featured, it's a bigger ww hit then both judas,yai and dwuw despite only being released as a single in selected countries in europe :ally:

Archived