Jump to content
Webbys
celeb

Michael Jackson's racist rant resurfaces

Featured Posts

Melech

Michael Jackson has been the center of controversy ever since the release of Dan Reed's 'Leaving Neverland', and might also find himself attracting the ire of the Jewish community after an anti-semitic rant he made in 2005 has resurfaced once again.

According to The Sun, Jackson referred to Jewish people as "leeches" and claimed they were conspiring to take him down in a hate-filled voicemail which he left with one of his former advisers, Dieter Wiesner.

The recording — which was made public by the lawyer of Wiesner and another advisor Marc Schaffel, who also happened to be a former Neverland videographer and would later go on to be engaged to Jackson's second wife Debbie Rowe in 2014 — was first played on ABC's 'Good Morning America' in 2005 a few months after the singer was acquitted of his child molestation charges.

"They [the Jews] suck them like leeches," Jackson said, according to a transcript of the recording. "They start out the most popular person in the world, make a lot of money, big house, cars, and everything and end up penniless. It's a conspiracy. The Jews do it on purpose."

The message prompted a response from the Anti-Defamation League, which fights against prejudice directed at Jewish people. Abraham Foxman, the director of the league, called Jackson an "anti-Semitic streak" who "hasn't learned from his past mistakes" and said, "It seems every time he has a problem in his life, he blames it on Jews."

The past mistakes Foxman was most likely referring to was an anti-Semitic slur Jackson used in his hit 1995 song, 'They Don't Care About Us" which was highlighted by the New York Times just one day before its release. In the original version of the song — which was later altered after the backlash for the lyrics — Jackson sings, "Jew me, sue me, everybody do me/Kick me, k*** me, don't you black or white me."

https://meaww.com/michael-jackson-accused-anti-semitic-calls-jews-leeches-accuses-them-conspiring-against-him-rant

 

I didn’t even know about that :air: he really is cancelled 

  • LMAO 4
  • Shook 5
  • Sad 6

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rumours1977
16 minutes ago, Melech said:

"They [the Jews] suck them like leeches," Jackson said, according to a transcript of the recording. "They start out the most popular person in the world, make a lot of money, big house, cars, and everything and end up penniless. It's a conspiracy. The Jews do it on purpose."

16 minutes ago, Melech said:

Jackson sings, "Jew me, sue me, everybody do me/Kick me, k*** me, don't you black or white me."

Okay, this is really bad. I don't care how talented the guy was or if people call him the "King of Pop".

that's all folks lol GIF by Super Deluxethat's all folks lol GIF by Super Deluxe

Edited by Rumours1977
  • Like 15
  • LMAO 3
  • Thanks 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Bad Joker
47 minutes ago, Melech said:

Jew me, sue me, everybody do me

Are these the lyrics of the song :air:

  • Like 3
  • LMAO 12

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Adarsh

Watch the MJ defenders attack this thread in 3..2...1.... 

  • Like 18
  • LMAO 4
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Melech
28 minutes ago, The Bad Joker said:

Are these the lyrics of the song :air:

Yeah, but they gut backlash for it and it was changed. The word k*ke , which was also used in the lyrics, is like the N-Word, just for Jews.

Edited by Melech
  • Like 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
StrawberryBlond

Had no idea about any of this. This doesn't even sound like something he'd say. Not saying he didn't, just that...it just doesn't sound like him. But if it's in a recording, there's nothing to defend. This entire case just gets wilder and wilder. But no matter what comes out, there's a feeling of guilt because he is dead and can't defend himself. But if all this stuff is indeed true, it's indefensible. It's the hardest thing to believe the bad stuff about someone you admire but sometimes, that's exactly how bad people end up getting admired - they make people believe they're good. And some are more convincing than others.

  • Like 13

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Postboy

Ok, so, now THAT is antisemitic. 

Edited by Postboy
  • Shook 1
  • Thanks 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
ReginaGeorge
13 minutes ago, Melech said:

Yeah, but they gut backlash for it and it was changed. The word k*ke , which was also used in the lyrics, is like the N-Word, just for Jews.

Girl you totally misunderstood those lyrics. “Jew me” and “k*ke me” were used as “call me a jew, call me a k*ke, call me whatever you want but I’m still a good man” it’s the whole meaning of the song. Just listen to it. It’s meant in a way that people can bully you and do whatever they want to you but they can’t stop you and you are still a good man. 

I won’t be defending that recording because if it exists then it’s true and it’s awful to say. 

Edited by ReginaGeorge
  • Like 18

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
nicolasrumet

While the statement is bad, the circumstances surrounding it are unclear.

It appears that the rant was about his lenders?

And for those who don't know, MJ had painkiller addiction, source CNN:

"While the doctor said "nothing implied" that Jackson was abusing painkillers, there was one incident during house call in 2002 that caused him to suspect Jackson might be getting additional shots of the powerful opioid Demerol from another doctor. He noticed "a little blood spot" on Jackson's T-shirt after he gave him a shot, he said."

Hallucinations, confusion and change of mood are common side-effects of such opiods. 

To say that MJ was antisemite is completely false as documented in this article, he even had Rabbi friends:

https://www.thejc.com/news/world/michael-jackson-and-the-jews-1.10160

So to me, this sounds more like  rant that he did about his lenders when he was probably suffering from the side-effects of such opioids, which create the effect of hallucination, imagining things that are not true, such as people conspiring against you etc.. and who would go on a rant in a voicemail? That goes to show that he wasn't "sober" when he was doing it.

And for the "jew me, sue me" part it's ****ing ridiculous. He was using "jew me" as in "persecute me". It was definitely not antisemitic. 

So yes, when you take such things out of their context, they'll look bad on the face of it. So, don't be simple-minded and look at the surrounding circumstances of such things.

Edited by nicolasrumet
  • Like 10
  • LMAO 3
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 3

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
David Ward
18 minutes ago, nicolasrumet said:

While the statement is bad, the circumstances surrounding it are unclear.

It appears that the rant was about his lenders?

And for those who don't know, MJ had painkiller addiction, source CNN:

"While the doctor said "nothing implied" that Jackson was abusing painkillers, there was one incident during house call in 2002 that caused him to suspect Jackson might be getting additional shots of the powerful opioid Demerol from another doctor. He noticed "a little blood spot" on Jackson's T-shirt after he gave him a shot, he said."

Hallucinations, confusion and change of mood are common side-effects of such opiods. 

To say that MJ was antisemite is completely false as documented in this article, he even had Rabbi friends:

https://www.thejc.com/news/world/michael-jackson-and-the-jews-1.10160

So to me, this sounds more like  rant that he did about his lenders when he was probably suffering from the side-effects of such opioids, which create the effect of hallucination, imagining things that are not true, such as people conspiring against you etc.. and who would go on a rant in a voicemail? That goes to show that he wasn't "sober" when he was doing it.

And for the "jew me, sue me" part it's ****ing ridiculous. He was using "jew me" as in "persecute me". It was definitely not antisemitic. 

So yes, when you take such things out of their context, they'll look bad on the face of it. So, don't be simple-minded and look at the surrounding circumstances of such things.

So he's relating himself to Jews who were persecuted in WWII?

Can I write a song relating myself to slavery in America and use the lyric, "Ni**er me" ?

carrie brownstein television GIF

Edited by David Ward
  • Like 19
  • Thanks 3

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
nicolasrumet
2 minutes ago, David Ward said:

So he's relating himself to Jews who were persecuted in WWII?

Can I write a song relating myself to slavery in America and use the lyric, "Ni**a me" ?

carrie brownstein television GIF

False analogy.

N-word is a slur. Jew isn't. You can use the word jew in a university today. You can't use the N-word.

Try harder. 

Edited by nicolasrumet
  • Like 4
  • LMAO 3
  • Sad 5

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
David Ward
Just now, nicolasrumet said:

False analogy.

N-word is a slur. Jew isn't. You can use the word jew in a university today. You can't use the N-word.

Try harder. 

Jew obviously isn't, duh. But k**e is.

Try harder.

  • Like 15
  • YAAAS 1
  • Thanks 7

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...