💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

How does the article not mention Gaga ONCE?!

Jakkusan

Featured Posts

ARTPOP2

I don't understand how they didn't bother to mention her while talking about how some mv are movie-like. I mean 2/3 of Gaga's mvs are like movies (MTN, Telephone, Paparazzi, etc.)

Zander

Ignore her she's a Madonna stan.

gagamadonna.gif

But yes, weird to not mention Gaga when similar articles about film-esq music videos always mention her.

weed

it is weird... you don't just forget Gaga exists if you know anything about pop culture

Gaga's early videography is SO strong that it is low key criminal not to mention ha

myluis617

This article can explain why the writer chose to leave gaga out of the list.

"Anyone who lived through Madonna’s heyday knows that none of this was radical, or at least it shouldn’t have been. But pop music’s memory can be short-term, and when Gaga appeared on the scene during the late aughts, pop had been scrubbed clean and sanitized for the past decade, to the point where even alluding to queer sexuality, or sexuality in which female pleasure took focus, was practically taboo. What Gaga did was essentially demolish that barrier by force. She borrowed theatrics from past icons (Madonna, Springsteen, Mercury, Elton John, dozens of drag queens and vogue performers) and did everything in her power to shock and amaze not just for the sake of it, but to bring back an essential ingredient of pop performance that had been left behind in the ’80s. She took what, at the time, were progressive ideas for mainstream music and, instead of hiding them underneath all the fanfare, brought them to the forefront of her work."

http://wesleyanargus.com/2016/09/12/do-we-still-need-lady-gaga/

I personally feel she does not want to give gaga any credit for her movie like music videos because she thinks Gaga is Madonna's shadow and not an artist who renovated the pop industry. I really don't like how this girl completely left Gaga out just because she thinks gaga was not innovative. (Big Ass Lie)

ThisGuyTony

Maybe they're 12 years old and don't know her videos before Million Reasons. :huntyga:

ThisGuyTony
1 minute ago, myluis617 said:

"What Gaga did was essentially demolish that barrier by force. "

I personally feel she does not want to give gaga any credit for her movie like music videos because she thinks Gaga is Madonna's shadow and not an artist who renovated the pop industry. I really don't like how this girl completely left Gaga out just because she thinks gaga was not innovative. (Big Ass Lie)

2019 and Gaga still has haters. :smh:  "Demolishing a barrier" is definitely being innovative. 

myluis617
8 minutes ago, ThisGuyTony said:

2019 and Gaga still has haters. :smh:  "Demolishing a barrier" is definitely being innovative. 

I needed to get to the bottom of why Gaga was not included.

I had to get my Little Investigator Hat on. :classy:

giphy.gif

ltlmnstr
3 hours ago, ThisGuyTony said:

She's a queer artist doing what all queer artist do: reference, mashup, and regurgitate into something unique.

god, this is annoying

Oriane
3 hours ago, myluis617 said:

This article can explain why the writer chose to leave gaga out of the list.

"Anyone who lived through Madonna’s heyday knows that none of this was radical, or at least it shouldn’t have been. But pop music’s memory can be short-term, and when Gaga appeared on the scene during the late aughts, pop had been scrubbed clean and sanitized for the past decade, to the point where even alluding to queer sexuality, or sexuality in which female pleasure took focus, was practically taboo. What Gaga did was essentially demolish that barrier by force. She borrowed theatrics from past icons (Madonna, Springsteen, Mercury, Elton John, dozens of drag queens and vogue performers) and did everything in her power to shock and amaze not just for the sake of it, but to bring back an essential ingredient of pop performance that had been left behind in the ’80s. She took what, at the time, were progressive ideas for mainstream music and, instead of hiding them underneath all the fanfare, brought them to the forefront of her work."

What ? In this extract you put, she's not bashing Gaga at all. She's criticizing how pop had become in the years before and complimenting Gaga for bringing it back. She's even saying she's not just doing shocking things just for shock value, something that ALL Gaga detractors have been saying, but rather did it because it meant something.

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams

Archived