Jump to content
Webbys
movie

Jordan Peele's "US" Discussion

Featured Posts

KleinGa

Has anyone seen the movie? I just came back from seeing it and Im shook.

It's crazy. The story, cinematography, acting and SOUNDTRACK! Whew! What a movie!

Also give Lupita the OSCAR! 

 

  • YAAAS 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Serial Chiller

How scary is it? Get Out was good but people kept saying it was scary which it wasn’t. 

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Angelina Jolie

How is Elisabeth Moss's performance? I wanna see it just for her

They burning all the witches.

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Galagala

The second half of the storyline has some problems.:crossed:

  • Thanks 2

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheQueenLG

Seeing it tomorrow @ 2 PM PST. I'll provide comments after that. I'm so excited. :excited2:

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Meredith Grey

It’s really good. Lots of plot twists but a very complicated, wacky plot. I really enjoyed it though. Lupita deserves an Oscar for this performance honestly. Elisabeth Moss plays a very non-Elisabeth Moss character in this movie. She does amazingly. There was a decent amount of comedy and a lot of good horror. I felt as if there were a few plot holes if u really inspected the plot but it’s very fun. I LOVED this movie. Excited to see it again because looking back there was so much good foreshadowing.

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
KleinGa
1 minute ago, Meredith Grey said:

It’s really good. Lots of plot twists but a very complicated, wacky plot. I really enjoyed it though. Lupita deserves an Oscar for this performance honestly. Elisabeth Moss plays a very non-Elisabeth Moss character in this movie. She does amazingly. There was a decent amount of comedy and a lot of good horror. I felt as if there were a few plot holes if u really inspected the plot but it’s very fun. I LOVED this movie. Excited to see it again because looking back there was so much good foreshadowing.

Oh I agree with the plot holes. Lots of things needed to be explained but then again I understand why Peele may have chosen to have us remain in the dark about them

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
KleinGa
39 minutes ago, Angelina Jolie said:

How is Elisabeth Moss's performance? I wanna see it just for her

Her role was very interesting. She doesnt occupy a large part of the movie but she delivers as she usually does 

  • YAAAS 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
KleinGa
41 minutes ago, Serial Chiller said:

How scary is it? Get Out was good but people kept saying it was scary which it wasn’t. 

Get Out wasnt scary but this sure as hell is 

its the type of scary that leaves you wanting more :gum:

  • Shook 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
MsSwan
54 minutes ago, KleinGa said:

Get Out wasnt scary but this sure as hell is 

its the type of scary that leaves you wanting more :gum:

Is there much gore? I’m seeing this tomorrow, I really liked Get Out. Nervous as f*ck for this. Is there any other movie you could compare it to “tone” “atomesphere” “feeling” wise if that makes sense? The Strangers? The trailer reminds me of that (but without spoilers) is there anything like it? I’m trying to prepare myself. :smh: Maybe if I convince myself it’s super scary it will help? Idk :toofunny:

Edit: My anxiety just spiked writing this :rip:

Edited by MsSwan

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
StreamDelicate

Get Out wasn't scary but the idea of it was. Imagine being trapped in The Sunken Place while some old dude controls your body for the rest of your life :wtfga:

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
KleinGa
3 hours ago, MsSwan said:

Is there much gore? I’m seeing this tomorrow, I really liked Get Out. Nervous as f*ck for this. Is there any other movie you could compare it to “tone” “atomesphere” “feeling” wise if that makes sense? The Strangers? The trailer reminds me of that (but without spoilers) is there anything like it? I’m trying to prepare myself. :smh: Maybe if I convince myself it’s super scary it will help? Idk :toofunny:

Edit: My anxiety just spiked writing this :rip:

Idk whats wrong with me but I cant think of a movie to compare this to rn :huntyga: 

but in terms of scary level, it makes you more anxious than scared tbh. I saw it with like 5 other people in the theatre. At times when things got super tense in the movie I remember looking around the theatre feeling paranoid. The soundtrack is what ****s you up

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Doot

Overall, I’d give it like a B-  maybe a C. 

It was entertaining, yes. But the second half of the movie went of the rails. I’m all down for crazy plot twists, but the story suffered from a lack of explanation regarding certain elements. 

One gripe I had was how the film was relatively scary up until shortly after the initial break in. But then there was a large amount of humor sprinkled throughout the rest of the film that breaks any sort of tension. 

Other gripe not just with this film, but films in general: stop trying to make children behave like adults. It’s not believable in any way shape of form. 

Lupita tho? AMAZING. 

 

I will say that I enjoyed this upon first watch far more than Get Out, which imo was a very average thriller. 

Edited by Doot

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  
×
×
  • Create New...