💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Closest You’ve Been to Unstanning Gaga?

Sakrai

Featured Posts

whore

There’s never been a time where I wanted to “unstan” but of course there are those moments where I tune out of her, usually in times between eras when nothing is happening

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Diamonster

When she didn’t come to my country with ArtRave and then Bobby said that about us going to Vegas to see Gaga :saladga:

But I don’t think I can unstan, there’s no out of here 

GypsyBabe

Nope. Even if she releases an album that I absolutely despise and never talks to us again, I am stanning her for life. Unless she kills someone or does something heinous of course. 

I just don't see how people could "unstan" over something stupid like an album or a music video or because she doesn't like tweets. That seems so immature to me. I love a lot of musicians and there are songs and records of theirs that I don't like...it doesn't mean that I am less of a fan. I've loved Stevie Nicks since I was a very little girl and I willingly forget that she even released "The Other Side of the Mirror" or "Street Angel." I couldn't even tell you the track lists for either record because I hate them so much. Stevie's "Klonopin" era was not good :selena:...

I don't need Gaga to constantly deliver perfection to earn my "stanning." That's just weird. Let the woman live. 

Basically I stan her because she is a creative artist who isn't afraid to push boundaries or fail. I stan her for her civic mindedness and all she stands for as a person as well...

⚯͛

Sakrai
27 minutes ago, AJRocketMan said:

I’ve come to hope that that was just a one time thing in terms of her public persona and image. I seriously don’t get why so many people loved her so much during that era. She acted just like every other white celebrity (in the acting business, pop stars tend to be more interesting), not the revolutionary that changed the world one sequin at a time. I hope that passionate, state-of-the-art spirit is still inside of her and comes out with LG6.

Now that you make me think about it, I always assumed this was just another one of her creative incarnations, as a sort of “Timeless Hollywood” archetype. Which was also present during the AHS awards season when she won her first Golden Globe and acted like being an actress had been her true passion all along. It was super cute, but super calculated, and I’m thinking that I do feel a sick pleasure in knowing that Gaga has the GP all really fooled, and just what an amazing shape-shifter she really is...

Oh, I'm just visiting-

andy232000

Never ever been close to, but I was very dissapointed with the **** show that is Enigma

Economy

Unstanning... I wouldn't go that far

But between 2013 to 2015 I kinda lost interest in her tbh. I basically only came to this site because if the forums and to chat but I hardly listened to Gaga

I got bored of ARTPOP album quickly, and thought the era was a disaster and her lack of success also took her off my mind

After with the sound of music at Oscars, C2C and SB Nation anthem tho the interest from 2015 onward  kinda came back and now I'm super into Gaga again

But definitely 2013 to early 2015, for those couple years I was pretty inactive with Gaga :sweat:

Economy
18 minutes ago, Possibly Maybe said:

There’s never been a time where I wanted to “unstan” but of course there are those moments where I tune out of her, usually in times between eras when nothing is happening

Me shortly after ARTPOP as I said above ∆∆∆∆

Smother Em Eh

Just recently with the Gaga notes covers possibly being the Album Cover for LG6:awkney:

Get Applause & G.U.Y to 1B views!

Jakkusan
1 hour ago, Shipper said:

Nothing so far. 

Im a fan but i know i dont direct her life.  I enjoy being surprised with the new things she wants to try regardless if it i think it is beneficial to her career or not. 

I mean,  i was here during ARTPOP era and her questionable interviews and the Abramovic stuff she did and the puking in a stage and I was ok with it. 

I still don’t understand why the puking was so controversial....

Sakrai
23 minutes ago, GypsyBabe said:

Nope. Even if she releases an album that I absolutely despise and never talks to us again, I am stanning her for life. Unless she kills someone or does something heinous of course. 

I just don't see how people could "unstan" over something stupid like an album or a music video or because she doesn't like tweets. That seems so immature to me. I love a lot of musicians and there are songs and records of theirs that I don't like...it doesn't mean that I am less of a fan. I've loved Stevie Nicks since I was a very little girl and I willingly forget that she even released "The Other Side of the Mirror" or "Street Angel." I couldn't even tell you the track lists for either record because I hate them so much. Stevie's "Klonopin" era was not good :selena:...

I don't need Gaga to constantly deliver perfection to earn my "stanning." That's just weird. Let the woman live. 

Basically I stan her because she is a creative artist who isn't afraid to push boundaries or fail. I stan her for her civic mindedness and all she stands for as a person as well...

It really does put into question what is it that we’re...doing, here, exactly...

What does it mean to stan someone. And my best guess is that there’s an important element of Love. And we can only love the way we were taught. Some learn to love for who you are, and some learn to love for what you do. Some can only love for what you give them. Bottom line is, I guess we all love Gaga, in the best way we know how to...

Oh, I'm just visiting-

MrGreen

Would never unstan, but my heart did break when she released Joanne instead of the RedOne/AHS inspired album, and every Halloween party that goes by that I can't put Frankensteined on the playlist :giveup: 

:(

Sakrai

You guys I’m so HAPPY that Gaga has such a solid fanbase!!! :woot::hug: The ride-or-die mentality many of you have is truly inspiring! :party:I’m honestly glad that Gaga has us, and I don’t often feel that way about liddos tbh:lolga:

:kiss:

Oh, I'm just visiting-

ImTired
2 hours ago, Sakrai said:

OMGGGV DO YOU GUYS REMEMBER THIS

This was cringy af and unstanning material for sure :toofunny: thank god we’re far from THAT shallow now :vegas:

Pls don’t call me bro I’m not from Azerbaijan :vegas:

:kiss:

LilyLark
19 minutes ago, Sakrai said:

It really does put into question what is it that we’re...doing, here, exactly...

What does it mean to stan someone. And my best guess is that there’s an important element of Love. And we can only love the way we were taught. Some learn to love for who you are, and some learn to love for what you do. Some can only love for what you give them. Bottom line is, I guess we all love Gaga, in the best way we know how to...

One long as* post coming up.

I mean, it's fun (this place is mostly good, and not toxic like twitter), Gaga's entertaining, and Gaga's music has gotten some of us through some very tough times. A lot of Gaga stans don't just talk Gaga, too. She's defn. done some things I really didn't like (R. Kelly, Terry), but I also think she was in a bad place during that time and working with him was fairly normalized....and Terry wasn't really exposed for real beyond some minor whispers until after she worked with him. She did apologize, and I kind of side-eye her old manager for not nixing the R. Kelly thing too even if Gaga was ultimately responsible.

And most people are flawed (including some of my favorite artists), putting someone up on a pedestal is always a bad choice which is what I think a lot of "stans" do. I kind of call myself a stan, but in reality I'm more of a huge fan because I'm always aware that you can't put someone on that pedestal.

As  far as her speeches, tho...I think people were way harsh on them, and I'm not just saying that as a 'stan.' Girl was emotional and has been through some -ish, and this was the culmination of her getting her career back to the very top even after the SuperBowl, C2C, Joanne, etc.  I never saw it as fake; more as her being super emotional slash nervous because the Oscar crowd can be very judgey and petty (see their treatment of JLaw when she "fell" from grace and Anne Hathway). And not trying to start trouble, but her speeches about Bradley that annoyed people...well, I don't think they had a physical affair but those two were/are odd about one another. I don't think she was trying to kiss h*s ass and play it safe, it came more across like she was...kind of in love. And many of us are cringey when we have a crush, so it was understandable imo.

Archived