Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Who Will Dominate? Gaga, Taylor Swift, Adele or Rihanna?

Economy

Biggest Artist  

249 members have voted

1. 1. Of these 3 (or 4 if Rihanna also ends up releasing) who will perform the best commercially?

• Lady Gaga
    • Taylor Swift
    • Adele
    • Rihanna

Featured Posts

gypsy101
1 hour ago, YourCureness said:

Im quite curious with Adele's album though. As we all know, fourth album curse seems like a legit phenomenon. I wonder if she is THAT powerful to withstand that. 

is this a thing? i've never heard of it

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jaXXXon
2 hours ago, Economy said:

My opinion Adele will probably sell the most albums as usual where as Gaga has the best shot for most hit singles this time around

Taylor unless she rebounds will see the least hits of the 4 but the album would still outsell Rihanna

I think overall it's gonna be between Gaga and Adele

I love your optimism surrounding Gaga :pawsup:

Hopefully that's the way it'll be. The Taylor and Rihanna stans have become too cocky, especially towards Gaga so it would be nice if she came out on top :vegas:

coby white basketball GIF by ESPN

shoful

If any of you think Taylor is gonna flop. Youd be dead wrong. This girl can’t fail especially after her super successful Reputation Tour. Also I hope Madonna does well :vegas:

"My name is Dita, I'll be your Mistress tonight..."

AJRocketMan

You guys do realize Taylor has a huge safety net of fans after catering to teenagers for a whole decade, right? I think it might be either Adele or Rihanna who will underperform between the four of them.

TheSlash

Ofc the obvious

trump run GIF

Ava Max, the new L. Goga :ally: with her mega hit Born This Way So Am I :firega:

Ew, David!

KatieJudasGaga4
2 hours ago, Galagala said:

TS and Adele are the queens of commercial performances.

Gaga will not:trollga:

Just like how people said ASIB will flop, not gross over 30m, ever have a #1 again, Shallow won't hit the top 10. Gotcha

LilyLark
18 minutes ago, shoful said:

If any of you think Taylor is gonna flop. Youd be dead wrong. This girl can’t fail especially after her super successful Reputation Tour. Also I hope Madonna does well :vegas:

Yeah I don't understand people thinking Taylor's going to flop. Reputation was her worst reviewed album (still had solid reviews, but compared to the rest of last two albums the reviews weren't as strong) and the media had made her a punching bag at the time—and she still sold a million in her opening week—which is insanely hard now with streaming, etc....Some LM are setting themselves up for disappointment imo by expecting Gaga to move a mil like she did with BTW.

There's room enough for all the women to succeed, but it's one of the reasons I kind of wish Gaga had dropped last Friday if she plans to drop soon. Because Taylor is going to dominate the charts come mid-April if she releases on April 13th and it's going to be hard for albums to sustain their momentum.

Based on past sales and other artists...I feel like Gaga and Rihanna will probably open with 350-400k, Taylor with a 800k-mil, and Adele with over a mil. Those kind of numbers by Rihanna and Gaga would still be a massive success, but I can already see LM mad that she doesn't dominate everyone else.

*If anyone is going to flop, it's probably going to be Ariana unfortunately. The media loves to tear women down and push them off a pedestal, and they've already done so with Katy, Taylor, Gaga, and even Rih to an extent. Bey is pretty much untouchable, and Adele stays so far out of the limelight that it's hard for them to come for her. But Ariana is on the verge of over-exposure...

yes and

The new Adele's era won't be so successful as her previous eras, but she will definitely outsell Taylor, Gaga and Rih. 

Rihanna and Taylor will have some top radio-singes, but their new eras will be less successful than the previous ones, they won't dominate these days, I don't really feel that GP is interested in them. 

It's hard to say something about Gaga. Yeah, she is on the top of th world right now, but she can easily lose it with the wrong sound and too artistic/controversial concept of the next album. 

Did you think I'd show up in a limousine? No

C1trus

I remembered when this fanbase was very confident that ARTPOP will slay everyone :ally:

We should pick Adele now :laughga:

ι'м ρυℓℓιηg үσυя sтяιηgs

Adele will be the most successful. Also Taylor has an army of white girls behind her so I don't think Gaga or Rihanna can beat her.

Bradley

Probably Adele, she's like the Olivia Colman of music, her laid-back personality is something the GP really eats up and she does make emotional music that people adore. Even if she makes a mediocre album, the critics will give her awesome reviews because of how nice of a lady she is. Like can you imagine a universe where critics give Adele a negative review?

I'd say Rihanna would dominate the radio and streaming cause she's also very commercial and this is her big return, she hasn't made an album for three years, people are longing for her return.

Gaga will probably do decent numbers both in terms of albums and singles, definitely going to be better than Joanne and ARTPOP, thanks to A Star Is Born and Shallow of course. She's gigantic now and the fact that Shallow stayed on top of iTunes worldwide for like 120 days or more is just an indication of future success. Her Instagram, Twitter followers and like numbers are also increasingly exponentially. She's regarded as a legend of our generation.

But it will still be hard to beat Adele and Rihanna, but who can tell cause no one expected A Star Is Born and Shallow to be this gigantic, so... and Gaga (and Adele actually) has always been strong in all fields whereas Rihanna pales in album sales and Beyonce in single sales.

It's really hard to match the success of 1989 and Reputation, I mean Reputation was one of the biggest albums of 2017/2018 and yet it was snubbed by the Grammys in Album, Song, Record of the Year and Best Pop Solo Performance. I think people don't like how Taylor doesn't reinvent her sound and just keeps popping out pop music with similar themes she did in the past. She could still achieve success for her first and second singles, but I doubt she could strike the longevity she did before.

DoremonLove

Not Adele winning the poll:crossed: i hope its gaga who dominates:party:. Also can anyone recommend any Adele song wanna know whats the hype with her. (I have heard hello didnt like it some other song plz):interestinga:

How can anoyone not love gaga

KatieJudasGaga4
1 hour ago, T3rrorBlade said:

I remembered when this fanbase was very confident that ARTPOP will slay everyone :ally:

We should pick Adele now :laughga:

Remember how this fanbase was very confident ASIB and Shallow would flop :ally:

We don't know right now, Gaga is just a mystery

Phlop

Adele = albums. Maybe singles. Tour.

Rihanna = singles

Taylor = both + tour

Gaga = more albums than Rih, less than Swift. Less singles than both. Her tour will gross more than Rih and Adele but les than Swift.

BYE

Archived