💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
game

Rape Day Testing the Laissez Faire Policy of Steam

Seeka

Featured Posts

Seeka

I figured this was important.

https://kotaku.com/the-latest-steam-game-to-test-valves-laissez-faire-poli-1833074558/amp

An independent developer called Desk Lamp says it has spent over two years working on a game called Rape Day. Now it’s waiting for approval from Valve to sell it on Steam.

“Rape Day is a game where you can rape and murder during a zombie apocalypse,” reads its description on Steam.

While the game, which seems to be structured like a visual novel, focuses on applying the choose-your-own-adventure formula to simulated rape, it almost seems designed to test just how far Valve is willing to go in its promise to keep Steam open and unrestricted.

...the developer tried to differentiate Rape Day from Active Shooter, a school shooting simulator Valve ultimately removed from Steam last May for constituting “straight up trolling,” one of the two reasons a game might get taken down according to a policy laid out by the company a week later. The other reason is illegal content. Desk Lamp claims Rape Day falls into neither category. 

Last year, Valve ended up banning some games from Steam for containing elements of “child exploitation”—mostly young-looking characters in animated sex games. It also removed over 100 **** game with titles like Big **** and 69, which it deemed to have violated its decree against “trolling,” in October. 

The resulting policy on regulating Steam’s content has been heavily criticized for being both too hands-off and also opaque. In the past, developers have reported having their sexually-explicit games wait in limbo while Valve reviewed them, sometimes without any clear indication as to what they could do to alter and re-submit their game in order to get it approved for sale.

While I can't say I'm innocent of playing troublesome content (yaoi folks. Lands of dubious consent and rape is love and people who look stupidly young) there is a point where things may be going too far. 

What do you guys think?

Antoni

This week is all sorts of ****ed up and it's barely Wednesday 

My name isn't Timmers

derpmonster

Steam has no obligation to allow content on its platform. Laissez Faire capitalism is already an extremely flawed system but it actually allows Steam, a private company, to do what it wants.

Edgelords and alt-right or ancap/libertarian brogrammers need to find a better place to channel their energies. The world has real issues and they are going to such lengths to test if Valve will let this game through. :madge: If they don't, the developers and its community will likely cry censorship. They can f*ck right off to the fringes where they came from. They deserve no platform period.

Check out iTunes data & graphs at CHARTPOP.live

I think it fits in here

it's a long and dragged video i stumbled upon recently but it really matches this game idea

basically there's games about nazis and genocide, schoolshooting and mental illness exploitation 

(with some weirdly cool looking fictional scary games in between) 

... i mean why would you buy a game with such a theme after all

ice heard one side from above

Archived