šŸ’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT šŸ’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Who will take the Vanguard Award?

LateToCult

POLL: Who will take home the Vanguard Award?  

105 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think will take home the Michael Jackson Video Vanguard Award?

• Lady Gaga
    • Drake
    • Taylor Swift
    • Missy Elliot
    • Ariana Grande
    • Katy Perry

Featured Posts

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Economy
8 minutes ago, JR Gg said:

Lol Gaga doesn't care about the award. She has reportedly rejected it for three years straight or moreĀ :selena:

Gaga loves awards tho :rip:

JR Gg
2 minutes ago, Economy said:

Gaga loves awards tho :rip:

Gaga loves prestigious awardsĀ :ohwell:

But on another note, she has never mentioned that she loves awards lolĀ :shrug:

DitaDolla

MTV awards are irrelevant since 2013:laughga:

Gaga is in the field of Oscars, Grammys, Golden Globes ect...

Dilwyn
12 minutes ago, JR Gg said:

lol girl she was crying when she won an amas

its not like vmas any less credible

TMM90
2 hours ago, LateToCult said:

So we have some six months until the 2019 VMAs and Iā€™m sure the folks over at MTV have already started losing sleep overĀ who theyā€™ll ask to accept the Vanguard award and if theyā€™ll agreeĀ :flower:. I think there are six people with a real possibility of being asked this year.

Lady Gaga: Sheā€™s obviously just hadĀ one of the biggest years in her career. For the past two ceremoniesĀ fans on twitter have hounded MTV for not choosing her and even Jennifer Lopez said she would like to see Gaga take the award eventually. Perhaps the biggest thing working in Gagaā€™s favor is the ratings of the Grammys and Oscars. There wereĀ articlesĀ that claimedĀ a direct correlation between Gaga and the Oscars boost in viewers this year. MTV is in dire need of aĀ boost inĀ their viewership and Iā€™m sure those headlines caught their eyes. I think sheā€™ll be asked, but Iā€™m not sure sheā€™ll accept.

Drake: He just had two astronomical eras in recent years withĀ Views and Scorpion. His streaming powerĀ is incredible and heā€™s enough of a controversial artist that MTVĀ might see him as a way toĀ attract a lot of attention for the VMAs. HisĀ audience is also exactly the type of group MTV wants to cater to. I can personally see Drake and his team pursuing MTV for the award.

Taylor Swift: There are rumors flying around like crazy that her new album is coming a lot sooner than we originally thought. If Taylor wished it, Iā€™m sure she could easily convince MTV to give her the award so she could use it as a platform to promote her new era. Sheā€™s set the bar high for herselfĀ with the success of reputation and its tour,Ā so Iā€™m sure sheā€™s looking to get creative with the rollout of the new album and the VMAs stage might be tempting enough for her.

Missy Elliot: The safest option, in my opinion. Sheā€™s long overdue for some recognition for all sheā€™s contributed to music and rap culture. Her name, along with Gagaā€™s, has been brought up by fans these past few years when MTVĀ startsĀ promoting the show. MTV might be looking to make up for the major double take people made last year when Jennifer Lopez was announced as the recipient. Missy is by far the best way of giving the award a little more prestige.

Ariana Grande: MTV could also be looking to shake things up by asking a relatively newer artist to take the award this year.Ā Ariana is the current ā€œit girlā€ and another streaming powerhouse. She has a massive social media following and they might hope this translates into higher ratings for the show. Ariana also has a big chance of taking home the video of the year award for ā€œThank U, Nextā€ or ā€œ7Ringsā€ so they might want to make it a huge night for her and have her beĀ the center of it all.

Katy Perry: Although sheā€™s in a career slump right now thereā€™s no denying her impressive videography. If not for the visuals then at least for the crazy amount of views sheā€™s accumulatedĀ overĀ the years.Ā She hosted in the past so there must be a solidĀ relationship between her and MTV. I think itā€™s something her label might even pursue to break her out of this rut sheā€™s in.

Ā 

Gaga has declined it in the past.

sheā€™s above it.

Ryusei

what is the obsession with this award?? someone explain. I wish she got it just so i dont have to read about it anymore

Musery

Mirages
1 hour ago, Varys said:

How does p!nk have basic videos?Ā :oprah:

What About Us, Just Give Me a Reason we're truly groundbreakingĀ :poot:

I'm the bitch that's fragile

Varys
Just now, Mirages said:

What About Us, Just Give Me a Reason we're truly groundbreakingĀ :poot:

But she has so what , Lady Marmalade,, Just Like Fire ,Try , U+ Ur hand, Stupid Blondes and so many others...

By that logic gaga doesn't deserve the award because of Perfect Illusion, Million Reasons and Shallow

Banned 04/19/2020 - 04/19/2020

Born To Slay
2 hours ago, warrentw said:

The fact that Christina Aguilera isnā€™t even in that list is disgustingĀ 

I guess thatā€™s what happens when ur album is a commercial failureĀ 

RAMROD

I swear, if they didĀ not give Gaga her due. :madge:

(ļ¾‰ā—•ćƒ®ā—•)ļ¾‰āœ§*:ļ½„ļ¾Ÿ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*Ā“č‰øļ½€*) ā™”ā™”ā™”

Economy
1 hour ago, JR Gg said:

U can tell she does. She gets so exited when she wins and u can see her on edge of her seat during nominations announcements... She cares big time

Ā 

And speaking of prestigious.... Excluding the Grammys there's basically 2 other awards that are of any relevance in American Music... The American Music Awards and the VMAs... So VMAS would be in the top 3 that's pretty prestigious

Ā 

Not sure people's choice awards would count cuz no one really seems to care about those

loathereality

in b4 gaga takes it and we have expectations of lg6 but boom c3c

Born To Slay
1 minute ago, Economy said:

U can tell she does. She gets so exited when she wins and u can see her on edge of her seat during nominations announcements... She cares big time

Ā 

And speaking of prestigious.... Excluding the Grammys there's basically 2 other awards that are of any relevance in American Music... The American Music Awards and the VMAs... So VMAS would be in the top 3 that's pretty prestigious

Ā 

Not sure people's choice awards would count cuz no one really seems to care about those

I think the Billboard Music Awards probs are also of relevanceĀ 

Archived