Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
movie

Captain Marvel (2019)

RAMROD

Featured Posts

DeleteMyAccount
13 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

You shouldn't pay attention to that, @ZacharyMark 

Can't take his opinion seriously when he is black and wears MAGA hat. Clearly a self hating individual. Clearly his intention is not well. :shrug:

And that's true. But unfortunately, hate groups are using CM to fuel their agendas. Trolling is no longer a few people behind computers screens. It's a movement. Just yesterday I learned that the alt right began with the Drake Uni rape scandal... 

And truthfully, the amount of hate that this film is receiving both intentionally and unknowingly by those who have misogyny ingrained in their system is really eye opening. As a gay man it's just surreal to see so many straight men mobbing against women. Especially with it being Women's Day yesterday.. And yet they're the ones who have told people like to me to love women, not men. I'm just ranting, but sometimes I wish everyone understood what was really happening. 

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel like this film would have been reviewed better if it had come out before Wonder Woman. WW was great but felt overrated to me. This was just as good, and while it wasn't as good as some other debut MCU films like Iron Man or Guardians of the Galaxy it was easily as good as the first Thor or Captain America. :shrug:

I agree that Brie Larson felt a little wooden sometimes, but it made sense for the character. She can clearly act incredibly, and she did a great job as Captain Marvel. I'm sure she will open up more in future films and win over the people that didn't like it.

Also Goose is now the best MCU character, fight me. :gaycat: 

RAMROD

Official Box Office for Opening Weekend numbers are in!! 

Despite smear campaigns by trolls, misogynists, and haters, it went higher, further, faster!

Global: $445 Millions (beating Beauty and The Beast live  action, ($357 Millions), as the biggest opening weekend grossing ever by female led movies, also beating Wonder Woman, ($125 Millions)) 

North America: $153 Millions (beating Wonder Woman, ($103.1 Millions))

China: $89.3 Millions (beating Wonder Woman ($38 Millions))

https://www.wired.com/story/captain-marvel-box-office/

https://www.vox.com/2019/3/11/18259286/captain-marvel-box-office-153-million-sequel

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/captain-marvel-takes-flight-893-million-china-1193653

https://www.complex.com/pop-culture/2019/03/captain-marvel-projected-to-make-160-million-during-opening-weekend-at-box-office

This is HUGE, cos these movie studios always thinks Female superheroes does not sell! Now we have show them!

Congrats!:applause:

cc: @River

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

DeleteMyAccount
On 3/10/2019 at 3:09 AM, Deku said:

I feel like this film would have been reviewed better if it had come out before Wonder Woman. WW was great but felt overrated to me. This was just as good, and while it wasn't as good as some other debut MCU films like Iron Man or Guardians of the Galaxy it was easily as good as the first Thor or Captain America. :shrug:

I agree that Brie Larson felt a little wooden sometimes, but it made sense for the character. She can clearly act incredibly, and she did a great job as Captain Marvel. I'm sure she will open up more in future films and win over the people that didn't like it.

Also Goose is now the best MCU character, fight me. :gaycat: 

I've been thinking about the non-biased critiques of the film, and I do think that Capt. Marvel does remind of Thor 1. His character felt somewhat misplaced on Earth trying to figure out how humans work. The setting was not favoring Thor's character. And in many ways, Capt Marvel was very similar. The 90s setting did feel a little flat only because the marketing and story seemed to make it a thing. I think in Capt Marvel 2 we'll hopefully be seeing a movie like Thor: Ragnorak where it places her in a setting that makes more sense for her character: aka another part of the universe where she's battling bad Skrulls and baddies.

I did love the movie, though. As an origin story I think they did what they had to do. 

Glittertinks

I saw it on Sunday and although I like it, especially the characters and cast, I think the script was very flat. I wished they would have incorporated some themes a bit more so certain things would have mattered more to the story. Some of the fight scenes fell a bit flat too, it felt a lot like the writers could not handle her powers. 

But the new Captain in town rules anyways :party:

River
5 hours ago, RAMROD said:

Official Box Office for Opening Weekend numbers are in!! 

Despite smear campaigns by trolls, misogynists, and haters, it went higher, further, faster!

Global: $445 Millions (beating Beauty and The Beast live  action, ($357 Millions), as the biggest opening weekend grossing ever by female led movies, also beating Wonder Woman, ($125 Millions)) 

North America: $153 Millions (beating Wonder Woman, ($103.1 Millions))

China: $89.3 Millions (beating Wonder Woman ($38 Millions))

https://www.wired.com/story/captain-marvel-box-office/

https://www.vox.com/2019/3/11/18259286/captain-marvel-box-office-153-million-sequel

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/captain-marvel-takes-flight-893-million-china-1193653

https://www.complex.com/pop-culture/2019/03/captain-marvel-projected-to-make-160-million-during-opening-weekend-at-box-office

This is HUGE, cos these movie studios always thinks Female superheroes does not sell! Now we have show them!

Congrats!:applause:

cc: @River

OMG this is amazing! I'm so happy for Brie!!!

btw how is Coulson's role? big? is he there for most of the movie or just for a cameo?

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

lego

I LOVED IT. I watched it with my daughter, also first time in 3D IMAX and woah the experience. :nooo::nooo:

the incels lost:party:

FreePalestine

RAMROD
2 hours ago, River said:

OMG this is amazing! I'm so happy for Brie!!!

btw how is Coulson's role? big? is he there for most of the movie or just for a cameo?

Spoiler

Coulson is more of cameo on this one but shines when he shows up on a scenes. He will likely get bigger roles on the sequel.

1 hour ago, lego said:

I LOVED IT. I watched it with my daughter, also first time in 3D IMAX and woah the experience. :nooo::nooo:

the incels lost:party:

:applause: that is great! Were there any merchandise sold at your local cinema?

it is a good movie. The trailers does not give justice to the character.

DeleteMyAccount

I got a new Capt Marvel shirt and necklace today. :vegas:

I called so many Targets too because they have the special edition Funko Pop, but none of my stores had one... eBay it is..

RAMROD

Oh ya, those target exclusive are not spread out evenly as per usual. Fortunately it isn't so limited so price on ebay won't be too crazy.

River
21 minutes ago, RAMROD said:
  Hide contents

Coulson is more of cameo on this one but shines when he shows up on a scenes. He will likely get bigger roles on the sequel.

Spoiler

I hope the sequel is in the present, I hope Coulson will do the comeback he deserves

RAMROD
1 minute ago, River said:
  Hide contents

I hope the sequel is in the present, I hope Coulson will do the comeback he deserves

Spoiler

Agreed. I can see that skrulls storyline being expanded. But we will see.

River
Just now, RAMROD said:

Hide contents

Agreed. I can see that skrulls storyline being expanded. But we will see.

Spoiler

He's still not confirmed for AOS new season though :(

lego
On 3/12/2019 at 4:06 AM, RAMROD said:
  Reveal hidden contents

:applause: that is great! Were there any merchandise sold at your local cinema?

it is a good movie. The trailers does not give justice to the character.

just these

but I’m ordering a t shirt at least. :heart:

FreePalestine

PerfectGUY

Just came back from Captain Marvel!! I totally loved it! It was exceptional, one of my favourite Marvel movies ever

I got chills from start to finish, so many twists, the jokes aren't too much for once and there's also a bit of emotion 

I think the IMAX experience is reallyyy worth it !

Archived