Are you praying?  

189 members have voted

1. 1. Are you praying?

• Yes I am praying
    • Yes I am praying

Featured Posts

nodandsmile
29 minutes ago, LilyLark said:

It's so infuriating. And all the sexist old men who were like "The Favourite" seemed indulgent/turned me off just because it is a women focused story, or the guy who called Roma a home movie. I loved Roma, but I can see why some people didn't like it, but calling it a home movie is patronizing and bizarre as was the way he talked about Yalitza.

And I love Glenn and I thought she was good in the Wife, but Olivia deserves Best Actress for the last scenes with Rachel when they talk about love and how she tears up at the dancing scene with Samuel Masham and Sarah. But 3/4 of the Glenn votes make it clear it is a career awards, which it shouldn't be. And this might sound sacrilegious, but I thought everything about the Wife was boring and generic and that in turn influenced how I saw the roles and Jonathan Pryce and Glenn. I'd actually put Melissa and Gaga ahead of Glenn in that category.

Like I generally enjoy following the Oscars despite the pettiness and BS campaigning, but this year with BoRhap and Green Book has been...especially annoying. And I had high hopes with Harvey leaving and in the past the Academy awarding Moonlight and nominating folks like Yorgos and Pawel this year (although Marielle deserved a nod) that this season would not play out the way it has.

Or that Gaga is hiding her real name :ladyhaha: ...

I said it a few weeks back that I feared "The Favourite" might go home empty handed despite its 10 noms or win like 1 award. Same thing with Blackkklansman and the fact that GB and BR are locks in some categuories it's just ...

("The Wife" and "The Favourite" SPOILERS in the next paragraph for those who haven't seen them :huntyga:)

I think the problem with "The Wife" is that there were too many flashbacks and the actors in them are so so so bad :huntyga: From the ceremony scene until the end is where she was particuliarly brilliant. While listening to her husband, you could see her thinking and progressively realising that she should be the one receiving the award and then finally stood up for herself. Olivia was my favourite (:ally:) from the nominees. She showed so much range. She made me laugh, angry, feel for her. Especially during that dance scene. She was at first entertained, then probably seeing them enjoying them selfves so freely made her realise that she might never be able to do that. All that topped by the sadness and anger of never being able to show her love for Sarah publicly. She showed all that in matter of few seconds, she was just marvellous!

Glenn is definitely helped by her overdue narrative and also the timing is just perfect. Her biggest competition is a popstar turned actress on her first role who can be rewarded elsewhere and an underrated (in the US) british actress who despite her brilliant performance, they don't know her (shouldn't matter but it does), plus she didn't campaign as hard as the other two despite the fact that she was the one who needed it the most! Had CYEFM? been released when Melissa was at the height of her popularity, she would've been competing for the win. But since she doen't make them as much money as she used to, she's considered like a filler nominee. These are reasons why I predicted Glenn to win it all from the get go. Media is obsessed with Gaga and predict her to win everything she's up for because her devoted fanbase will fall for it and share it everywhere. Then, if she loses it's even better for them, they'll write 10.000 articles about how she was snubbed. See the millions "What went wrong with ASIB" articles and saying it's partly because of her knowing all her fans will rush to those sites to defend her!

I didn't like a lot of things about this season, BS campaigning was at full force, people shamelessly using other people's struggles to get awards and all the fantastic performances that could not make it because of that. There's a reason why winning an oscar doesn't guarantee jobs, take a look at all the actors that disappeared after winning one. I remember saying I did not want her to win this early, it will be considered as a peak and every else she does will be considered as a flop. And I got attacked for it! But I am so proud of Gaga though, like she delivered and got it on her first try like ... now she just gotta be smart and choose projects that will appeal to the gp and not concentrating on "oscar films" only. A good box office track record is what will guarantee you a good future. 

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A Hybrid
18 hours ago, ReRe said:

But if Rami/BR win over Bradley/ASIB.. :triggered:

I'm okay with ASIB losing to BlackKklansman, but not to BR.. 

Rami Malek did a lot better than Bradley Cooper so..?

No family’s safe when I sashay

Gaga4stef

Yes, I am praying for her to win Best Original Song; for Bradley to win for Best Actor; for Sam to win for Best Supporting Actor. 🤞

Every time we say goodbye baby it hurts

KatieJudasGaga4
1 minute ago, A Hybrid said:

That's an unpopular opinion. Rami's accent was so forced in some scenes and Bradley sang live, while Rami didn't so. Rami did great, but Bradley did better imo. But Rami is gonna win anyway

A Hybrid
Just now, KatieJudasGaga4 said:

That's an unpopular opinion.

Show me an award where Bradley won Best Actor for ASIB I'll wait :nails:

Malek's BAFTA is unbothered :rockstar:

11 minutes ago, A Hybrid said:

And we’re all entitled to our own opinions so..?

KatieJudasGaga4
6 minutes ago, A Hybrid said:

Awards don't prove how well a person acted. There has been so much snubs during the Oscars.

I just pray she wins Best Original Song, because if not... this would be the GREATEST MELTDOWN IN ALL GAGA FANDOM HISTORY like I wouldn't function for a week because of this.

KatieJudasGaga4
9 minutes ago, A Hybrid said:

And Bradley won Best Actor at

- Dublin Film Critics Choice

- Gold Derby Awards

- Washington D.C. Area Film Critics Association

etc

Praying for a tie

7EFTNBAXWEI6TOHGKZYZBQX5BA.jpg

it happened with Barbra Streisand and Katharine Hepburn at 1969 Oscars

Barbra-Streisand-Katherine-Hepburn.jpg?w

月にかわって、おしおきよ!🌙

Monsieur D

If you haven't watch all the movies, don't read. 

Glenn was okay on "The Wife", but until the awards scene she don't really"shine as an actress", the highlight of her performance are the last 20 minutes.

Olivia was amazing, from the beginning to the end, it was a very complex character. A lot of emotions and body language. She deserve to win. 

Gaga was a surprise (at least to me), her acting was effortless and credible. I believed her character. She should win too (if Olivia doesn't). 

Melissa was another surprise to me because I was so used to see her in comedy roles. This rol was the total opposite of her previous characters. A depressive, lonely , hopeless woman... and she acted so good, that I could felt that, I felt her loneliness and sadness. The scene when her cat dies was so heartbreaking, and her acting was on point. Well done.

Aparicio is my least favorite. Not because she didn't acted good, because I felt her character was limited, the dialogue was minimal and didn't compense it with the body language. She's a newbie, but is on her way, she has future. 

Will win: Glenn Close. 

Should win: Olivia Colman / Gaga.

Melissa will win this award eventually, she need play more roles like the one she played on Can You Ever Forgive Me?. 

A Hybrid
32 minutes ago, KatieJudasGaga4 said:

And Bradley won Best Actor at

- Dublin Film Critics Choice

- Gold Derby Awards

- Washington D.C. Area Film Critics Association

etc

I mean, those awards aren’t really prestigious but I won’t question. We all have our opinions. 

derpmonster
9 hours ago, Spartacus said:

Voting is closed, so there's no amount of praying that's gonna change what's written on the card. :laughga:

Sis what

You think praying can't change what's written on a card but would've magically changed voters' minds and made them vote for her? :what:

Both miracles 

Check out iTunes data & graphs at CHARTPOP.live

Archived