Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
interview

Gaga's former tour manager: "She was not in it to make money!"

Ronlop

Featured Posts

2 hours ago, Ashtosh said:

Yeah she released perfumes and going to release cosmetics soon .. she is not into money :toofunny:

And what about that? She can do whatever creative path she likes

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oriane
2 hours ago, Emigrante said:

So is she supposed to work for free her whole career? She needs money for her projects, I don't think she's kind of a person that want more, more and more money just for the sake of it. 

It's not like she didn't have enough money without these side projects.

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams

ANTI WP
29 minutes ago, PopThatArt said:

I have a hunch you're not an actual fan of Lady Gaga but a poser. First, newsflash! On various occasions Lady Gaga talked about not wanting to make the perfumes, her management wanted to capitalize on her fame. I suggest watching the Emotion Summit where Lady Gaga spoke about many things including being used to make money. Link: 

Second: She wants to branch into cosmetics and beauty to help people feel good about themselves and their natural beauty, most cosmetic start ups fail quickly, there is no guarantee Lady Gaga will make money, it's just like with other ventures she went into where she put in millions of dollars only to lose it - such as the Little Monsters app, she invested a few million in Backplane which eventually went bankrupt, Little Monsters was taken over by a different company. 

Third: Lady Gaga went on tour investing all the money she made from her first album The Fame into the stage, outfits, etc, eventually going bankrupt, not once, not twice, but three times. Even during the Fame Monster, she was still in bankruptcy, finally with the success of that tour, she was able to payback all debts. She then invested in studio time for third album and music videos. Even after all her success between 2008-2013, the label still didn't fund ARTPOP, she paid for the GUY music video herself. And the past few years, even though she's been pushed to make mainstream music and release albums, she's refused, choosing to follow a passion for acting not trying to capitalize on her ability to make pop music. 

And the first major thing she did with her money was pay for her dad's heart surgery and bought them a Rolls Royce. 

She's invested in a lot of money in memorabilia from past music icons and she may have spent $25M on a house in Malibu, but it's california, their prices are ridiculous for homes, anywhere else, that house would be an average $2 to $3 Million, which is what most people spend on their houses. 

Reveal hidden contents

And FYI: Lady Gaga worked very very hard to get where she is for a very long time, she has gone through many hardships in her life, she deserves money and the riches she wants to invest in. 

Reveal hidden contents

Tonight I will return the fame and riches earned, with you I'd watch them all be burned. I don't need these 14 carat golds to win. - Lady Gaga, The Queen

I am hardcore stan than u ... i am offended by this quote ..i just made joke ..yall are smthing ...i bought all the album and went to movie 4 times

Emigrante
2 minutes ago, Oriane said:

It's not like she didn't have enough money without these side projects.

Can you imagine funding your projects for eternity? She's not a gold mine, eventually she'll run out of money. 

Sugar, spice, and everything nice.

ANTI WP
9 minutes ago, Zugurusu said:

And what about that? She can do whatever creative path she likes

I am just joking 

She knows that it is a business and more money means be able to make more music and promotion.  There is nothing wrong with getting paid and enjoying yourself and your money.  But she is a musician unlike many pop stars out there, so it’s all about music and performing.

Diamonster

I think if she wants to do the makeup thing, it’s fine, good she feels inspired to do other things. And at least she works for the money she makes instead of exploiting people, if anything, she’s often the one exploited by others. 

And if it’s said she doesn’t do it for the money, why would it be so hard to believe it? Just cuz she’s paid millions? So she just has to reject the pay everytime? She values her craft and what she does, not anyone can just up and do what she does, and why would what she does have to be cheap? She has worked hard for it, and she deserves her pay. Just cuz she does something she loves?

Oriane
4 minutes ago, Emigrante said:

Can you imagine funding your projects for eternity? She's not a gold mine, eventually she'll run out of money. 

But she already earns a lot with her music, tours, everything related to her main career. She even has enough to lead a very comfortable life (her house etc). I'm sure she would be have more than enough for her projects.

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams

Emigrante
1 minute ago, Oriane said:

But she already earns a lot with her music, tours, everything related to her main career. She even has enough to lead a very comfortable life (her house etc). I'm sure she would be have more than enough for her projects.

I think that whole thread discussion is kinda going nowhere if you know what I mean. Cause that's not the point. Whenever she wants to make money or not, it's her choice and there is nothing wrong about both of it. 

Sugar, spice, and everything nice.

Dominic

She went bankrupt whilst on tour so she obviously cares more for the art than money. 

She has previously tried to cut corners in order to keep her ticket price down.

She said she doesn't want to be forced to sell a product, since then it's been on her own accord, she does what she wants to do now. She probably she's the beauty industry as an exciting challenge, not for monetary gain. 

To maintain her lifestyle and outgoings she needs to have a greater income, common sense. 

It's very rare we see her discussing money, flaunting her wealth or even act self righteous.

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it

gumzy3000
2 hours ago, Ashtosh said:

Yeah she released perfumes and going to release cosmetics soon .. she is not into money :toofunny:

Edit: i am just joking ... calling me a fake fan and and saying that i am judging !! .. yall are smthng

To be fair, she probably has to due to her contracts with Interscope. I’m pretty sure they get a good chunk of the profits of whatever business endeavour Gaga goes into :stalkga:

trolly troll troll

Bolkins

It’s kind of similar to what a business owner would do, if they’re serious about it they won’t make money in the first few years of being active because the profit needs to be used for development. Once a business can prove the worth in their product then it’s a lot easier to get backing from investors to expand further. That’s basically what Gaga did, she had big visions that required a budget, she had to foot it in the early days because she didn’t have a proven track record yet. I’m not sure at what point she had to stop doing that but I can’t imagine she paid for much after TFM. 

Archived